The online racing simulator
#26 - Jakg
No, just checked, it's the performance ones, im just saying my opinion and experiences, i just hope that the RS ones are made better
The A1 site sells the Act Labs Shifter, and the Act Labs pedals are now an exact replica of the A1's there is a connection.....strange part is the cost difference between the two sites.

EDITED: noobish question
Quote from Hurts2bStock :The A1 site sells the Act Labs Shifter, and the Act Labs pedals are now an exact replica of the A1's there is a connection.....strange part is the cost difference between the two sites.

I don't think the price difference is that much.
I got my set of A1 pedals last year, they cost me $288 Aus ($227 US). Including the usb adapter.
The ones on the act labs site are exactly the same as mine and are going for $168 US but it looks like thats without the usb adapter. So with the extra $29.95 US for that it brings the total to $197.95 US ($251 Aus).
So the price difference is only really $30, which is a bit but i guess it could be justified by the bulk amount of pedals A1 are selling to Act labs or maybe the exchange rate at the time of the sale.

Either way.. I've had my pedals for a little over a year now and i can't fault them. They have excellent pedal feel and the adjustable springs mean you can get the perfect amount of resistance on each pedal and the throttle is recessed a little so it lines up nicely with the brake pedal under brakes. Also the weight in the base stops them sliding all over the floor.
I also just recieved my A1 shifter this week and it's just as impressive as the pedals. Another solid metal product. I reckon i could run over it in my car and it'd still work fine.
#29 - Woz
Quote from Hurts2bStock :Crazy....I just went to act labs site and never noticed they are 30 minutes from my house ....sorry to hyjack a bit here, but does anyone know if the act labs shifter is better than the g25's?

video of the actlabs shifter and tripple headtogo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGB6A5GyyEc

I used the Actlabs Shifter for a couple of years before it bust. The new design is meant to be loads better.

I prefer the action of the actlabs over the G25 shifter as it has a longer throw and feels more positive but the difference is not that great.

The fact that the G25 is all in a single device instead of having the wheel on a different device to the pedals and shifter makes up for this as I couldnt use the Actlabs kit in some games as they only supported a single controller.
Thanks to Cetram, and Woz for answering that for me
Quote from Hurts2bStock :

video of the actlabs shifter and tripple headtogo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGB6A5GyyEc

hi there, i just watched that video (OMG wot a setup, lol) but theres something i got to ask, there is a voice that keeps saying stuff like :-

"Left side"
"Your in the middle"
"Still there"
"Clear on the right"
"Clear"

This definatley seemed to help him as i didn't see him look left or right once (except for the times when he was clear then he would look 180deg behind).

Is this a mod as i would really love to try this out, cos at the mo i'm having real trouble regaining my bearings when switching views even when i set it to instant, lol

i know theres no substitute for physically looking, but i think it might help me whilst i'm still learning, and it did seem to work for him

thanks in advance
QD
(one year in S2 and still learning!! lmao)
#32 - Jakg
PitSpotter does the noises

EDIT - You can get it here
6 minutes to reply wow you guys rock

thanks Jakg, will head there now....

Nice one bud :yipee:
QD

Updated: OMG you got ghost cars there as well, so many mods i new nothing about, hahaha you've *really* made my day :]
thanks again
Quote from quackdougal :6 minutes to reply wow you guys rock

thanks Jakg, will head there now....

Nice one bud :yipee:
QD

Updated: OMG you got ghost cars there as well, so many mods i new nothing about, hahaha you've *really* made my day :]
thanks again

Yep, i'm REALLY grateful to Kegetys.
momoleds, pitspotter, ghost car

all of those make my LFS experience a LOT better

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG