The online racing simulator
Rude people
(133 posts, started )
#1 - EmilO
Rude people
Hello!

i havent had S2 for many days but i sure like it!
But its some of the online players i dont like
This happened some minutes ago i was racing on the STCC New & Bronze server and the race had been restarted. it was the blackwood rallycross turn 4 maybe where the rally track goes out on the straight. theres one guy who drives an XRG and im driving the XFG,he goes wiiiide in the turn so i pass him on the inside quick.then i don't know what happend when i looked in the mirror i saw he had spun and he was screamin: n00b! N000b!! Get of the track!! and so on but i didn't do anything
after that he started to drive into me several times witout reason.
last lap i was in 2:nd or 3:rd place in the last turn he rammed straight into my rear and drove on to the finnish

it has happened several times players have pit manuvered me just for fun

well well enough yelling from me just wanted to say it

Sorry for my bad english!
As usual, this type of complaint doesn't belong in the forum. You need to send a replay to the STCC and have them investigate. If he purposely wrecked you (and it wasn't just a mistake) then he'll probably be banned from the servers.
Sadly there are a lot of idiots around. The S2 license protects you from a lot of them, but not all.

Also, the new STCC licensing system seems to have created a lot of heated competitions that may not have previously existed. Which is good for close racing, but bad when people start behaving like morons.

If you feel someone is behaving in an unsportsmanlike way, my suggestion is to save the replay and report them to the Wrecker Barricade. Whether they're actually wrecking or just using inappropriate language, they deserve to be reported for it.

Don't let this discourage you from LFS - the majority of the community is good.

P.S. Your English is flawless
Gasp, a wrecker on an STCC server. That almost never happens

From the posts I see they really need to do something with\about that server.
Sadly the only servers guaranteed to be idiot-free are the empty ones.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from SabersKunk :Gasp, a wrecker on an STCC server. That almost never happens

From the posts I see they really need to do something with\about that server.

its not the server, its the drivers!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
rude peephole makes me horny
Quote from SabersKunk :From the posts I see they really need to do something with\about that server.

The server is full almost 24/7. No other server is that crowded. Now a real wrecker would surely join a full server rather than an empty one.

And with the server being full all the time, of course there are much more cases of bad driving/wrecking on that server.

It sounds logical to me. Has nothing to do with the admining there.
i cant wait to buy s2 for all the reasons above.. everytime i race there some nob, smashing into people or spamming with useless rubbish... or constantly saying restart cause the buggered it up on turn 1.... illepall
What I would like to see is somewhere a notice telling people that restarting a race is automagic on the STCC servers, and no need to keep pressing 'shift-R'
Quote from Bladerunner :What I would like to see is somewhere a notice telling people that restarting a race is automagic on the STCC servers, and no need to keep pressing 'shift-R'

It says in the message at the restart doesn't it ?
Please Report abuse with a replay when it happens is.

On STCC we dont only have the option of /ban <no of days> - we can penalise far more effectively with points deductions and keeping a record of warnings.

The STCC servers do not magically bring out the worst in drivers.

The low standard of driving is because we have had over 3,500 people race on those servers in the few weeks since they launched, and some of them just plain are not welcome, but I havn't caught them all yet.

Please report them when you see them: http://license.ukct.net/report.asp
And, please, read the rules: http://license.ukct.net/
Quote from Bean0 :It says in the message at the restart doesn't it ?

Yes it does, but I am still surprised at the number of '***** voted to Restart' messages at the end of EVERY race!
Yeah there are a few idiots that dont deserve to be racing in amongst the STCC servers. I raced with a few mates earliar on one the Bronze servers and left because it was really incredible how poorly some people can drive. Now this can be seen everywhere on all servers, this was just something that happened today that fitted this topec so dont think im getting at the STCC.

One thing that i think will occur is that these poor drivers will get there points and move onto the silver server and cause an even bigger fuss because this is where alot of the "more experienced drivers" seem to be hanging out. Just hope the head hunt goes well for these nobs...woops noobs

I enjoy it and actually got my platinum license today woohoo.
Quote from cmckowen :Yeah there are a few idiots that dont deserve to be racing in amongst the STCC servers. I raced with a few mates earliar on one the Bronze servers and left because it was really incredible how poorly some people can drive. Now this can be seen everywhere on all servers, this was just something that happened today that fitted this topec so dont think im getting at the STCC.

One thing that i think will occur is that these poor drivers will get there points and move onto the silver server and cause an even bigger fuss because this is where alot of the "more experienced drivers" seem to be hanging out. Just hope the head hunt goes well for these nobs...woops noobs

I enjoy it and actually got my platinum license today woohoo.

As the Silver/Gold server gets more populated I imagine the Platinum server will see more use, especially as we now have enough for a full grid
#17 - SamH
Quote from cmckowen :One thing that i think will occur is that these poor drivers will get there points and move onto the silver server and cause an even bigger fuss because this is where alot of the "more experienced drivers" seem to be hanging out.

Yep.. but by that time....
Quote from cmckowen :I enjoy it and actually got my platinum license today woohoo.

..and you'll be one step ahead of them, on the Platinum server.. a place they can't follow

Then, by the time you've gone Titanium.. the new tier will be in place, and you'll be able to graduate to the next level.
Quote from SamH :
Then, by the time you've gone Titanium.. the new tier will be in place, and you'll be able to graduate to the next level.

I know the STCC ploy now....its to get us idiots to race until the end of days until we keep progressing through our licenses and get the final "Moon Dust License" for 99999999999 points illepall
Well, at least it'll keep you busy till S3 rolls out
#20 - SamH
hehe! Heck yeah! LOL!

I know there's a lot of criticism of the driving in the STCC servers, but I really wanna turn that around.. over 3500 people have joined in on the fun in the STCC servers, in the last 3 weeks or so, and 1.8 million points have been awarded for race position. In relative terms, the number of BAD drivers is absolutely miniscule. The LFS community rocks!
I think the racing is generaly better in the STCC servers than in others...and im sure it only gets better as you progess through the ranks. I bet those moon dust guys rock :P
#22 - axus
I'd suggest some kind of gentle points deduction over time though - but not beyond the already obtained license so if you've already got your silver or whatever, you can't drop below the minimum points for silver. This means that its more difficult to acquire a license because if you only earn x points per day and you drop more than that, you will not be able to acquire the license. Right now, any fool can obtain a license given time. And I don't know if this is already in place but the points awarded should be sensetive to the number of people on the server. If its just 3 guys lapping, its not too difficult to score huge points.
#23 - SamH
Quote from axus :If its just 3 guys lapping, its not too difficult to score huge points.

You don't score nearly as many points for a win against 2 others as you do for a win against 19 others. There are a great many different influencing factors/variables on the points awarded
#24 - axus
Good. Now what about making licenses more difficult to acquire?

Another way you could make the system time based is to say "You have to get your Bronze license in 3 days. Silver in 5. Gold in 7", or something like that. That would imply keeping track of how many points each racer has scored in the past x days though, and dropping the oldest day each time.
Quote from axus :Good. Now what about making licenses more difficult to acquire?

Another way you could make the system time based is to say "You have to get your Bronze license in 3 days. Silver in 5. Gold in 7", or something like that. That would imply keeping track of how many points each racer has scored in the past x days though, and dropping the oldest day each time.

I, as an only occasional driver, am strongly against this!!!

Actually, I'm exaggerating, but I don't particularly like this idea. Some weeks I don't get to play at all and on others only once for a couple of hours and I'm not really the fastest out there. But I'm not rude or dangerous for others either and would like to see my license status progressing, even if ever so slowly.

Rude people
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG