The online racing simulator
need help with carbon fiber
Ok i cant seem to get carbon fiber to work. I am using photoshop cs2 and i want to make the whole skin carbon fiber but when i mask a part copy it then go to the carbon fiber skin and paste it i cant seem to find out what to do after that? Ive read the tutorials but its not woking for me, I am new to photohop also so i dont know much about it

Your description for what you are trying to do isn't clear. What about the masking are you having trouble with? If you are making the whole skin carbon fiber, just plop the entire texture over the entire skin.... it may not be matched up nicely across the seams, but it doesn't matter when you are wanting to make an entire car with one texture such as carbon fiber.
plus tweak keep in mind thats the more realistic way of doing it too, due to the way carbon fiber is made

but yes, i too have no idea what hes doing wrong
Ok so i have the CF skin open, I was trying to do it piece by piece so i open up the skin and magic wand the wing, hit ctrl-c to copy. i then move the wing over to the CF skin and hit CTRL-V. but i dont know what to do after that. Also if i can do it with all the parts at once how would i do it?
er.. weird tutorial, you really dont have to cut it out like they do it, just cut it out in rectangles and you get the same result, they just make it complicated there
i figured it out thanks for the help! i have one problem though, when i am done with the skin the carbon fiber is waaay too big here is a pic, how do i get it sized right? http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8923/cffre9.jpg

that was WAY to big man -Nuse
multiply the texture out more..
what do you mean by that?
on the cf right? i am using 1024x1024 for the xrt skin and 2048x2048 for the CF
make the carbon fiber a quarter the size it is now, and make 4 of them; you want the CF texture to be small and sharp; right now you have it twice the size of the car, you want it many times smaller than the car
ok so if i have too make as many of them as the car parts if need be. Thanks man!
or u could just get a finer cf texture
ok that didnt work either, the one i am using is from master skinnerz but making it smaller doesnt do the trick its still very big on the car still. gonna try to find another one.
no.. make it smaller.. a different texture isn't going to make a difference, you still have to make the texture much smaller to fit on the screen, the texture you were using is HUGE; if you made it about 75% smaller than it was, it wouldprobably look right..
well i downloaded another carbon texture and it worked perfectly here is a pic, i am going to do some decent graphics on the car and hopefull it will look good.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2756/carbonxrtnj1.jpg
youll have to make the pic bigger to not see the aliasing. Only thing i need to do is now get the pattern the same, Is there anyway to get rid of the body lines on the car? say the pop up headlights lines?
Actually looks better than I would have expected.
Where do you get the textures and the instructions?

i think i have an xrt template but its sort of glicthed look

Is it meant to be blue is it ok like this?
Attached images
XRT.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG