The online racing simulator
Forgive me father for I have sinned
It has been 31 years since my last confession, this past week I have been covetting another, she goes by the name of GT Legends, in this last week, I feel I have neglected my first love, LFS, for the sake of this new love, please forgive me father, I didnt mean this to happen, it just did, its one of those uncontrollable lust things.

What should my punishment be?.

Dan.
Quote from danowat :What should my punishment be?

Get the first place in the Nutters Rank

3j
You'll get bored of it in a few weeks as I did wih GTR i suspect....the fancies start to wear off and you end up craving competition.

Punishment? Hanging from nose hairs i vote..
My child, do not be too hard on yourself, such desires are natural, we all wonder if the grass is greener on the other side. There is no harm in occasionally wandering over to the other field to satisfy your curiosity.
I myself once had a little fling with GTR, but we all eventually come back :dogrun:
Quote from mantis9 :My child, do not be too hard on yourself, such desires are natural, we all wonder if the grass is greener on the other side. There is no harm in occasionally wandering over to the other field to satisfy your curiosity.
I myself once had a little fling with GTR, but we all eventually come back :dogrun:

Well....the grass is greener in GTR, it all looks half dead in LFS, must be a euro thing?? haha (
I'm actually really surprised that anyone who's a big fan of LFS would even like GT Legends. I played the demo and was thoroughly disappointed. The cars didn't feel the least bit lifelike to me.

Don't be too hard on yourself, you know you'll come back. Other sims may do this better or that better, but no other sim does everything as well as LFS does.
Quote from DodgeRacer :Well....the grass is greener in GTR, it all looks half dead in LFS, must be a euro thing?? haha (

Come on, you know LFS is still ALPHA... the sprinklers haven't been implemented yet.
Just pre-pay for S3 and you are forgiven.

Or if you already did that, buy someone else a license.
haha@DodgeRacer

Why isnt my little dog running? ----> :dogrun:
Bah, its only Firefox....
Thanks, I did actually post it with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, but I can see my typical british sense of humour passed some by , its just that wierd feeling I was getting that I was "cheating" on LFS, bloody odd I know, but hey.

Yep, I am having a brief affair with GTL, which I think is a bloody good game, feels fantastic, but I will always come back to LFS, its like the old saying, if you have steak everynight you sometimes want to rush out for a burger, I guess GTL is my burger .

Dan.
Quote from mantis9 :haha@DodgeRacer

Why isnt my little dog running? ----> :dogrun:
Bah, its only Firefox....

Little bugger's running all over my Firefox.
Quote from danowat :It has been 31 years since my last confession, this past week I have been covetting another, she goes by the name of GT Legends, in this last week, I feel I have neglected my first love, LFS, for the sake of this new love, please forgive me father, I didnt mean this to happen, it just did, its one of those uncontrollable lust things.

Dan.

well, my son...you are already punishing yourself by not playing LFS...what greater punishment can i give you?!

however, the holy ways are beyond our understandings and i dare to say that walking along the road of perdition can only strengthen your faith!

it's not far the day you will understand...and that day your faith will be stronger than ever!

PS today i converted another lost sheep to the faith of LFS he was complaining that force feedback in GT4 was not strong enough as real life, he was tired of toca2, not convinced of GTR...i made him try LFS with DFP on a huge TV...he was amazed! he said "i cannot believe it! is exactly as in real life" he is addicted to tuning real cars, so...go guys and spread the word!
Quote from Doorman :Little bugger's running all over my Firefox.

Sorry for OT danowat, uninstalled the smooth scroll extension and of he runs....
Now whose signature did I find that in?
Quote from danowat :

Dan.

Well, if you're playing GTL instead of learning Kyoto GP long, your punishment will be a sound thrashin on Monday night.
Quote from colcob :Well, if you're playing GTL instead of learning Kyoto GP long, your punishment will be a sound thrashin on Monday night.

I think you might be right sir, what with today being Thursday, I doubt I am getting much in tomorrow, Saturday is out of the window, Sunday is pretty much no go so............yep, a sound thrashing is on the cards for Monday.

Dan.
Quote from mantis9 :Sorry for OT danowat, uninstalled the smooth scroll extension and of he runs....
Now whose signature did I find that in?

He's running WITH smooth-scroll extension here
dunno, but after looking in the pictures section at GT Legends website, those all around globe views that they have.. thats really cool, detail is amazing, unfortunately these game companies dont relize that people can buy these top quality few thousand dollar video cards they have to play these games.. and thats pretty much why i own no other game than LFS lol (not that lfs is a bad game, its just game makers these days expect the community to have extremely fast computers to run their games..)

real or not, it looks like fun and im sure its a learning experience.. of those older cars at the prime years of racing.. heck if i had a nice graphics card i would probably get it just for the fun of it too and same for GTR
yes you get bored of games.. but you still go back to them? .. well.. sometimes lol i havent touched netkar in about a year
but at one point in time you will always want to go back to remember what it was like
or just to mess around, i always like starting up NFSU just to make up some neat looking cars every once in a while.. okay so i did that once, but it was still fun lol
Quote :I played the demo and was thoroughly disappointed. The cars didn't feel the least bit lifelike to me.

The full game is better simply due to the reason that you can actually fully deactivate the helps.

And danowat: Do not worry, no sin was committed. The great father does know that competition is what makes everyone strive, so him as well. GTL is a good competitor and they actually can look each other in the eye, even though that is hardly communicated among their followers.
"one needs an evil to be able to define good"
Quote from Cue-Ball :I'm actually really surprised that anyone who's a big fan of LFS would even like GT Legends. I played the demo and was thoroughly disappointed. The cars didn't feel the least bit lifelike to me.

That amazes me
Quote from Hoellsen :The full game is better simply due to the reason that you can actually fully deactivate the helps.

In the demo you can choose "Simulation". Under simulation it says that all assistance is turned off. Even then, the cars didn't feel powerful at all. They would accelerate quickly, but didn't feel like cars that had no ABS, no traction control, and bias-ply tires. Romp the gas in second and the tires wouldn't even chirp. Hell, I can do better than that in my daily driver!

Not trying to turn this into a LFS vs. GTL thread. I really wanted to like GTL since some of the cars in that game are my all time favorites. It just didn't feel right to me. It didn't feel dangerous or "on edge" at any time. <shrug>
Well other sims are bound to register on the radar from time to time. I wandered back into Grand Prix Legends last night. I downloaded a few extra tracks and had a blat. I'm better at it than I used to be (all that time in LFS, I suspect) but the AI still disappears off into the distance (unlike LFS). Good solid fun. Mind you, it's a passing fancy. It still has a place on my hard drive and it's one of the best sims ever made, but I still prefer LFS.
@ danowat: we shall hear the voice of Scawen, the Creator.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG