The online racing simulator
Question about Momo and DFP
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a wheel and the G25 goes TOTALLY BEYOND my money budget, so please don't say "get the G25 instead because it's better". Actually I'm looking for second hand wheels as I can't even afford a new one. (And Jakg please don't link me to your signature I've already read it :P)

I'm looking for Momos and DFPs, but I find it strange that the DFP is cheaper than the Momo (both new, prices from the official Logitech website). Why? The DFP has 900 degree rotation, and overall I can't find a reason why the Momo is more expensive.

Maybe the reason is that the DFP is designed for the PS2 and not the PC. And here comes my second question: Are there two different versions of the DFP for PS2 and PC or is it the same? Is this case, how do you plug it to your PC? Does it use a USB connector for both PS2 and PC or do you need an adapter?

Thanks in advance.
There's only one model DFP for the PS2/PC - it uses a standard USB connector, and the drivers are provieded on the Wingman team website.

I can't understand why its cheaper than the Momo either - perhaps as you say because its not actively marketed for the PC. Its understandable its more expensive than the Momo Red (ltd edition), but not the normal one.

2nd hand DFP's don't cost too much - try looking on your local equivlant of Ebay. The price on them has come down a bit since the G25 came out.
#3 - Jakg
Quote from MaKaKaZo :(And Jakg please don't link me to your signature I've already read it :P)

check my sig

Momo is more expensive because it is, "aparently" it uses better materials, although i would go for the DFP - has better pedals
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Maybe the reason is that the DFP is designed for the PS2 and not the PC. And here comes my second question: Are there two different versions of the DFP for PS2 and PC or is it the same? Is this case, how do you plug it to your PC? Does it use a USB connector for both PS2 and PC or do you need an adapter?

no adaptor required!

Hey, with the amount of people buying G25's, im sure there are LOTS of loved Momo's and DFP's on eBay if you need one on a budget - heck, that's where my Momo's going soon!
The fact is that I've found some Momos from an ebay shop at good price, but they won't ship to Spain (I even tried contacting them with the "hey you ship to France, it's just a few more km!" but that didn't do).

I founf DFPs for 100€ and under with shipping fee included, and maybe that will be my selection.

Anyway, I think I'm going to wait a bit so everyone can get their brand new G25s and sell their Momos and DFPs at lower prices And I'm getting an old FFB Thrustmaster as a present from a teammate who got a G25. As I'm playing with mouse right now, anything with pedals is great. My team is great!
#5 - Renku
The DFP is cheaper here too. I think it was in Canada, where the MOMO is cheaper .
Last year, after Christmas (which just happens to match the time of year right now ), Walmart in the US (near me, Pennsylvania) had quite a few left over DFP's on the clearance shelves for $40.

I almost bought one, but I'm happy with my Momo.
its 20$ more here; it used to be 50$ more, im surprised the momo racing STILL hasn't dropped after however many years its been in circulation

but.. if it is cheaper for you to get a DFP, go for it! that way you can enjoy the 900 degree rotation whenever you want (and change it back if you dont like it) but.. heck i'd buy a DFP

the only thing i dont like about the DFP is its size, its actually fairly small, i think the momo racing is about the same size, but there is something about the DFP that makes it seem even smaller
Quote from XCNuse :
the only thing i dont like about the DFP is its size, its actually fairly small, i think the momo racing is about the same size, but there is something about the DFP that makes it seem even smaller

Probably because it is thinner, too. DFP is just way too small.

I'm thinking about adding an extra layer that wraps around the wheel (how do you call it?), maybe leather... maybe buy one from an autoshop. Has anyone tried it?
Thanks for your answers. Now I know that both choices will be fine, so I'll look for the cheaper one I can find

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG