No Ff
(15 posts, started )
No Ff
Struck two problems in LFS today. One is that the FF indicator on my DFp is turned off and i can't turn it on for some reason, it only works in GPL. Also in LFS the guy is turning the wheel so it take about 4 seconds when in real life it takes me about a 1/2 a second when it happens.

It's impossible to race, the car swas a couple feet if i just move the wheel a millimeter.
#2 - Davo
Make sure drivers and wheel software is installed. Replug wheel. Recalibrate in LFS.
In LFS go to the options -> controllers. Recalibrate the wheel from there, make sure FF is enabled in the menus. Also make sure the rotation of the wheel in LFS is set to what you want(720*, 900*, ect) and not 270* like a standard wheel would use.
Hi Ho Rappa

open LFS go to Options/controls/axis/ff make sure wheel is selected at top then turn off/on FF lower down then click recalibrate move all axis's through entire range (lock to lock and depress and release both pedals)
Then click "yes" for calibration lock.

Good luck.

SD.
wheel works, but in game the guy still takes an hour to turn, why?FF is at 0 and it still happens
What is the wheel rotation set to both in the driver and in LFS. If you have the rotation set to 270 in the driver and 900 in LFS, the guy will take ages to turn the wheel.

Maybe both are set to 900 and your not used to a 900* wheel? I dont think GPL supports 900*? I coudl be wrong.

With the DFP you have to recalibrate it if you unplug the USB cable(at least I did) otherwise it wouldnt react correctly in game. If its calibrated correctly in game and both the driver and LFS are set for the same wheel rotation then the rotaion of the DFP itself and the in-game wheel should be the same.
both in game and real life are set to approx. 135 yet in LFS it must me 1/2 my speed
#8 - Davo
Wheel turn compensation might be on, play with the setting it adjust how fast the steering is.
Analogue Steer Smooth set to 1000?
Have you made sure that the wheel turn compensation setting is 0, or what ever its called, also make sure that the degrees you set in LFS match the degrees you set for the wheel, if you are using logitech profiler go to: Options>Global Device Settings, at the bottom you can set the rotation degrees of the wheel, do this clicking on the clider once without moving it and using the keyboard arrows to go up in 5's, this way you get a good round number, as for LFS, Options>Controls adjust the slider to how many degress the wheel has by right clicking on it and typing in the digit. This is how I set up my DFP.
ok, threads done, fixed everything for the next two weeks, then something will break.....again
For the curious, what was wrong?
don't know, all i know now is that it works, so i don't really care either.
#14 - Davo
Well how you gona fix it again next timne it breaks? Make a new thread instead of learning from it?
nah, I'll probably just play around with the degrees and stuff and it'll work.

No Ff
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG