The online racing simulator
UPDATE : Patch V
(186 posts, started )
+1 for the thanks for the new patch, not decided on the new sounds yet, but the rest of the changes are most welcome.
Dedi Host ZIP - Missing files?!
Hi Scawen

First: Great work with the new patch release!

I've done a clean install with the http://www.liveforspeed.net/fi ... hp?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_V.zip dedi host file. But it looks like, that some files are missing? Should this not be the "full" dedi host?

Hm, I've found the missing files! The language files/directory are/is missing. With old language directory (from Dedi Host U) the new dedi host works fine. Hope, you can complete the zip file with the missing files.... for the others. ;-)
Quote from XCNuse :im guessing this is our christmas present then?

can't complain, but it kinda ruined the christmas spirit, scawen i guess was the little kid that looked around for hours in his home looking for the presents and ripped them open

owell.. merry christmas i guess, i think this is the only present im getting unless i buy myself something else lol, enjoy your break scawen, you deserve it!

Quote from XCNuse :i'm surprised it has been this long and we still dont have working water temperatures

You're acting like a spoilt 10 year old, just so you know. :P
Quote from XCNuse :i'm surprised it has been this long and we still dont have working water temperatures

This doens't go in this forum, XCNuse

we dont care about if you want working water temperatures or not, because there is nothing anyone here can do if they are not here anyway..
Thanks Scawen et al for all your work, great update and it's fun watching the onion being opened to see more of what the game is offering.

And for all those people who are moaning.
Do you have any idea what a project is ?

You seem to have this idea that if it isn't perfect NOW you'll throw your toys out of your cot and have a paddy.

Try to GROW UP.

If you don't understand the concept of an ALPHA or BETA version and testing then piss off & do something else with your life.

Your getting the best racing sim being developed with our feedback by a team that is hugely talented and who work their butts off to always improve and enhance the game.

I suggest that people try to put their brain in gear before typing.

" It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. "
Quote from Racer X NZ :Thanks Scawen et al for all your work, great update and it's fun watching the onion being opened to see more of what the game is offering.

You seem to have this idea that if it isn't perfect NOW you'll throw your toys out of your cot and have a paddy.

Try to GROW UP.

If you don't understand the concept of an ALPHA or BETA version and testing then piss off & do something else with your life.

Your getting the best racing sim being developed with our feedback by a team that is hugely talented and who work their butts off to always improve and enhance the game.

" It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. "

So patch V is finally out.... It has better multi player, sounds and some other stuff (haven't installed it yet as I have the Flu and dealing with X-mas)

But the REALLY cool thing about that patch is ???

They finally have a date on the damn page that is more recent than April 29th

Oh well Merry X-mas
When I have the time I fully intend on installing this....maybe Later?
Quote from Racer X NZ :Thanks Scawen et al for all your work, great update and it's fun watching the onion being opened to see more of what the game is offering.

Try to GROW UP.

If you're lumping criticising and arguing with the yes!-men in there with moaning, then perhaps you actually don't understand the concept of an Alpha or Beta version. If EVER there was a time in the life of a piece of software to complain, argue, criticise, "moan", it's whilst the thing is still being developed! You reckon we should shut up and only say "yes sir, it's perfect sir. That's not right sir? If you say so, sir"? Hell we have these forums to do the very thing you are critcising many of us for! It DOESN'T mean we don't appreciate the hard-work!
If Scawen and co. just wanted somewhere to read about how amazing they are, they would have made a fan-boy test compulsory for people registering here, and we'd probably have "Why I love SCAVIER today", "What does SCAVIER mean to me?" and "What do you love most about SCAVIER?" sections, rather than "General LFS Discussion", "Bug Reports" and "Patch Test Forum".
Ditto your last sentence.
Quote from Michael Denham :You're acting like a spoilt 10 year old, just so you know. :P

i know lol, i think its because my family isn't really celebrating christmas, plus, here is the worst part.. its friggen 73 degrees F outside (about 23 C).. and its 2 days until christmas... its supposed to be freaking FREEZING OUTSIDE AHH!

Quote from PLAYLIFE :This doens't go in this forum, XCNuse

we dont care about if you want working water temperatures or not, because there is nothing anyone here can do if they are not here anyway..

yes.. actually it does go on the forum? water temperatures were promised in S2 when it was released, and i figured i'd just say im kinda surprised we haven't heard of any work on it at all after a year and a half
(and yes i realize there is nothing anyone else can do but.. owell)
There's a difference between feedback regarding work in progress, ie sound etc and whining that it doesn't do "X" yet.

When you are doing a project it is usual to work on one or two areas and get feedback on those items while they are being developed.

When you have users who are snivelling about something unrelated to the area thats being worked on and complain that ie engine temps & damage aren't working that's not a great deal of help.

I'm fairly confident that Scawen KNOWS that engine temps etc aren't working so items like this should be added to the wish list ( area provided on the forum ) and not made an issue of on the release of a new patch.

THAT IS WHAT TESTING IS.
Quote from Racer X NZ :

Agreed. People should go play rFactor for a while. I just did and it sucks more and more each day. The longer you play LFS, the easier it is to realise that the ISI engine is crap.
it is sad to see so many modders only having rfactor to work with . like the 1979 mod that just came out, or the ctdp 2005 mod. sorry for OT post...
Quote from joeynuggetz :Agreed. People should go play rFactor for a while. I just did and it sucks more and more each day. The longer you play LFS, the easier it is to realise that the ISI engine is crap.

I don't see point calling some engine crap, same way I don't see point calling LFS new sounds crap without something you base why it is crap and if there is single area were it is crap it won't be completely crap.

There is good and bad things in both games, neither is perfect neither is crap. Mario Kart is crap
Quote from JTbo :Mario Kart is crap

Hey, Mario Kart is better than LFS and rFactor combined
Quote from Racer X NZ :When you have users who are snivelling about something unrelated to the area thats being worked on and complain that ie engine temps & damage aren't working that's not a great deal of help.

I think that's the crux of the issue. There are specific forums (test patch, improvements) to discuss at length all you hopes, wishes and concerns.

Context is everything. It's a minor ( compatable ) patch. Every patch that comes out ( minor or major ) is met with "Why doesn't it address My pet peave?" It's impossible to seperate out valid issues from people just looking for confrontation and a captive audience when the depth of a comment is " I hate this, I think this sucks".
lol YAmbOOOOO
Quote from Yaamboo :Hey, Mario Kart is better than LFS and rFactor combined

Mario Kart is actually the LFS of console gaming!
Quote from troy :did you try these tire sounds already (dont give up so early : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=288906#post288906
i even had to lower them a bit to fit it in and i couldnt race anymore without them

there is U32 standing but works fine with V also ofcourse

Tried them but honestly didn't like the samples at all - sounds were very similar and therefor hard to tell what was goin on. It was for instance difficult to tell when I was actually blocking the tires, or on the limit
Maybe someone can help me here, since installing the new patch, i can't seem to get my pedal set to work correctly. I have Act Labs Performance pedals, and they work fine in every other sim i have, rFactor, GTR 2, GTL, F1C, and USED to work flawlessly in LFS, but since installing this new patch, my brake and throttle are whacked out, the brake seems to stick "half on" and the throttle does the same sometimes too. Any suggestions? maybe i am missing something in the controller options. I have brake and throttle set to seperate axis, have tried numerous times calibrating them in windows, etc..
i've been waiting for an ability to rename setups in-game, really great function.
Where you read that everybody's got 2 unlock?
I updated to patch V, and after I unlock, but I haven't extra 2 unlocks.
I didn't read about it in official messages.
Thanks
Quote from Scawen :Good point! About half of you do need to unlock, because of a fix in the unlocking system.

I've just raised everyone's unlocks available to 2 right now, in case you do need to unlock.

Its right in this thread on page 1.
Quote from xpet :Where you read that everybody's got 2 unlock?
I updated to patch V, and after I unlock, but I haven't extra 2 unlocks.
I didn't read about it in official messages.
Thanks

Exactly here

Edit : maybe you already have 2 unlocks : that's the max
Top job guys, this patch is an excellent improvement. The game initiates MUCH faster now on my PC too...before it'd take almost a minute to initiate, now it takes about 15 seconds.

UPDATE : Patch V
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG