The online racing simulator
Formula v8.
(11 posts, started )
Formula v8.
Hi all.

I´m new on this place, too time playing in blackwood with demo version so i decided to buy this fantastic game. Well, playing in a oval server with formula v8 i found big difficulties to handle my car on the start, too difficult for me to do a fast start without problems. If i don´t want to have an accident i must up four gears and start very slow...

Anyone can tell me any advices or any setups for oval races? I want to do fast starts.

Thanks all.

Siepen.
#2 - jtr99
You could start by making first and second gear a lot taller (smaller numbers). That way you won't have so much wheelspin but will still get off the line well. Also try using the kindest possible differential settings at first, like 10/90 power/coast. This will also help avoid wheelspin.
Learn to drive the other cars first is my advice. No end of races online are ruined by people trying to learn their craft in the FO8. Keep at LFS, but avoid the FO8 online for a couple of months
The FO8 will always be difficult at low speeds, the power-to-grip ratio is just too high until the downforce kicks in.

But yeah, make all your gear ratios really close, with a really long first gear, will help.
Greets.

Ok men, thanks for all responses i will consider this. Thanks.

Siepen.
#6 - Mauni
I would also suggest starting with road cars. FZ50 is great, beacause it's drift is pretty easy to control due to long wheel base, so u won't be spinning all the time
From Team Inferno Setup field u can find fast setups. Just keep in mind that those may not be the easiest setups to handle, as fastest setups tend too be quite oversteery...
I'd advise the final drive ratio to be around 4.100 - 4.200 for an optimal performance around a oval track.
Totally depends on your ratio for 6th surely?
I can run a 36.25 without draft on a hotlap, could of done 36.24 but buggered up slightly going through the final stretch, which is the 3rd fastest hotlap (in relation to time), or i'm just 4th in the rankings lol. The 6th gear generally isn't used, only in drafting situations where you need the extra boost while coming up behind, expecially when you get the double drafts ^_^, in which case you can make the 6th gear ratio slightly smaller than the 5th for that extra boost (i haven't done this as i think 212mph top speed is enough, so i stay in 5th) I forget the ratios as i'm at college at the moment. The fastest hotlap is a .23 run by quietschentte.I do however remember the final drive ratio on my setup which is an 4.162, and is generally respected by the oval v8 racers as one of the fastest setups about. At the moment i'm still figuring out just what quietschentte did for that time but he managed to get the left front tire heated up which i have never been able to do, i think it has something to do with the camber he has his setup on.

i'm also pondering on just what would be better on a oval situation whether or not viscous lsd or a clutch pack would be the better.

This week alone 2 players have managed to break into the 34.xx barrier, which is exhaustingly fast, setups are being constantly fiddled about with and i remember 5 or so months ago when the setups couldn't touch on the times we are doing now !
Hi

Thanks Mauni! This will help me a lot with all cars

Siepen.
Nice idea running in 5th and using 6th for drafting. Not that it would be of any use when hotlapping, but for races could give you the edge.
Quote from sturje :i'm also pondering on just what would be better on a oval situation whether or not viscous lsd or a clutch pack would be the better.

I doubt it makes much (if any) difference once you've got up to speed. You'd either want the diff really open so as to not provide any resistance to turning, or you'd want the diff really tight as that could help push the rear out (not needed on the FO8 though, too much downforce for ovaling).

Formula v8.
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG