The online racing simulator
Speed Traps
Lol - another Carribean Monsoon - there goes my RB4.

Quote from Razvan :I often do that. I stop my car on the side of the road and wait... As soon as i see on the map a vehicle is approaching i switch to it and watch what speed its traveling at(this is what needs to be done as we dont have Laser Radars in LFS) and if the car is traveling above the speedlimit. I go into pursuit. Its imposible to fine you, without stopping you, i i would simply tell u pay such and such, because u were speeding. And to setup a Forum or something, were we can post screenshots(snap shots of your speed) is simply too much hassle

Well apparently theres an app vCom that works like a speed trap. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=13031 I Don't know if its compatible with version U. But putting speed traps with auto fines might put cops out of business. Maybe just a message display would be okay. I dont know. But if I was a cop - i would get annoyed at having to wait and spectate people to find a speeder that goes past me.:wave2:
addictive
Whats with the password?
Quote from viper-gt :Whats with the password?

Server is very rarely passworded for service restarts - I organize restarts in the way that all people nicely drive to garages and spec/leave the server, knowing the temporary password we pick. They are told to join back after 3 minutes (which they never hold longer than 30 seconds! ) and since only them know the password, their spots are effectively reserved for them after the server restart.
Once I see those names back, I always open the server to public again.

Another possible cause of the passworded server would be priority connects of admins and friends to the full server. But those put it to a private mode really just for few seconds and only in case the server was desperately full anyways.

I hope this explanation answered your frequently asked question.
And it's down.
and again. although i stil dont think this is a major problem. this way it gives people a chance to get in when it re opens. only way i got in the other night.
Plenty of grumpy people around this morning. The server isn't working correctly, so some are complaining about that, and most are whinging because they haven't read the rules. One even blamed me because he lost his UF1 after he pitted. illepall
is there any other quests apart from bank robbing and playing the lottery?
Rescueing people, streetracing. There are loads of ways to make money, just be creative. I bought a custom made skin yesterday. It was ofcourse not as good as for example Teaz-R's skins, but it was good work! I bought her an xrt, because she just lost one. This way I'm happy because I've got my own skin, and she's happy because she's got an xrt.
Quote from hrtburnout :Rescueing people, streetracing. There are loads of ways to make money, just be creative. I bought a custom made skin yesterday. It was ofcourse not as good as for example Teaz-R's skins, but it was good work! I bought her an xrt, because she just lost one. This way I'm happy because I've got my own skin, and she's happy because she's got an xrt.

i know about that but i mean with in clis iteslf.
Quote from hrtburnout :Rescueing people, streetracing. There are loads of ways to make money, just be creative. I bought a custom made skin yesterday. It was ofcourse not as good as for example Teaz-R's skins, but it was good work! I bought her an xrt, because she just lost one. This way I'm happy because I've got my own skin, and she's happy because she's got an xrt.

Hoorah for Erik

Thanks again for getting me outta the gravel

Anyway, is there any explaination for the random commands not working?
Yes, there is. Unfortunately CLIS seems to eat memory like there's no tomorrow. Every second or so it takes 4KB and it eventually starts munching on virtual memory. When that happens it seems to get stuck in a loop and cannot access some people's account.
I would really suggest moving the server to a dedicated line, it's just too unstable and laggy at the moment

Nice game though, and thanks for increasing the amount you get paid for cruising
I'm having a lot of lag atm, I just left because it's not good fun anymore. I kept thinking 'what if I lost my FZR now!?' and indeed, I lost connection and lost my FZR. :mad:
Quote from Chris P :Yes, there is. Unfortunately CLIS seems to eat memory like there's no tomorrow. Every second or so it takes 4KB and it eventually starts munching on virtual memory. When that happens it seems to get stuck in a loop and cannot access some people's account.

Well that explains alot - thanks for the update. Can I suggest >!buy RAM. +LOL+
Its great when its up and going. Once the memory issues are sorted things will improve and more things will become available to play with. Nice work.
More RAM isn't going to help, because it keeps on using more and more. We are working on the problem, so please keep with us.
sounds like a memory leak for me.
Apparently no more refunds for the server crashing. That is a big turnaway for me. I am thankful for the time and effort they put into making it but when they seemingly don't care about the players losing money it drives me away.
Quote from Chris P :More RAM isn't going to help, because it keeps on using more and more. We are working on the problem, so please keep with us.

Yeah - In know. I was just making an amusing reference to your amazing LFS Mod. RAM has 3 letters to.

Everyone needs to be patient - it is Christmas time at the moment. Let the CLC devs have some time off. They probably stopped refunding cars because they're spending more time refunding money than being able to debug it. Also refunds might get abused. I lost a few cars. I dont mind - its teething problems - I'll be on there again to get more. Funny thing was - it was still a FULL server with 6 people waiting in the "LFS meeting room" even though the whole thing was not working right. I guess you cant keep a good thing down.
Quote from Cropsy :Plenty of grumpy people around this morning. The server isn't working correctly, so some are complaining about that, and most are whinging because they haven't read the rules. One even blamed me because he lost his UF1 after he pitted. illepall

It's all your freaking fault !!

Still.. I _NEVER_ get in.... 2nd server is no option ?
SCCC can borrow one for it.
I was thinking, to get a better server how about some players put a bit of money towards it, say 50p per month. There would need to be 23 people paying 50p. I wouldn't mind paying it because it would mean the server would be stable and I wouldn't lose cars.

Just an idea.
TBH, I would also donate to play on it, as I think right now i'm bored of racing on LFS and want to have more fun, and this server really has given me that.

So, i'd be happy to pay.

As long as I could use paypal
Question No.1: Why Do you Restart the server in every hour without sayin it?
Question No.2: Why I lost my cars all the time?
Question No.3: Why i cant get back? - Ohh Sorry Your P.O.L.I.C.Y.
Question No.4: Why the admin and their friends can get back? - Ohh sorry i didn't asked...

I wanna say the game iz fantastic but you should find a sollution for this problems.
possibly to adress the situation of it being fl all the time, could something not be done so once you have been in the server for so long say, an hour (for example purposes), you got "banned" for so long but your car and money got saved? that way it would let more people use it.
Quote from CJ Ice :Question No.1: Why Do you Restart the server in every hour without sayin it?
Question No.2: Why I lost my cars all the time?
Question No.3: Why i cant get back? - Ohh Sorry Your P.O.L.I.C.Y.
Question No.4: Why the admin and their friends can get back? - Ohh sorry i didn't asked...

I wanna say the game iz fantastic but you should find a sollution for this problems.

1. That's not true. The server never gets restarted without telling afaik, nor does it restart every hour.

2. You obviously pitted wrongly, and ignoring everyone's advice.

3. I'm sure a: the server was full or b: there was a password and you didn't
listen to the admins saying what the password was.

4: The admin gives everyone a password, so they can get back. If
you ignore them, you won't be able to join because you don't know the
password.

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG