The online racing simulator
TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
Realy like the FXO GTR now and the FOX
I think the traction control sounds a bit to loud (or to much bass) on the BF1.
You are getting there though
After listening to V-sounds:
Right direction about everywhere. At full throttle the FXO develops a rather strange background noise above 6000 rpm (a difficult to discribe dissonance).
I'm a bit sad that the gearwhine is gone from the roadcars, but I guess that your concept of a roadcar is a completely stock roadcar and not a roadcar with removed everything-that-isn't-needed-on-a-racetrack. In that case the gearwhine volume is appropiate.

The LRF class is great soundwise. LX6, RAC, FZ50 - the best sounding cars of LFS.

Vain
I think that in FXO there is bad gearwhine loop, sounds like my sport car gt engine sound, hammering, hard to explain, in high speed clearly audible.
Quote from JTbo :I think that in FXO there is bad gearwhine loop, sounds like my sport car gt engine sound, hammering, hard to explain, in high speed clearly audible.

yeah, just tried it on Oval. At 240km/h or more you can hear it perfectly, tik-tik-tik
finally great sounds for lfs v, good work so far! really nice
wow, is that realy pach V?
I think it is

I can't wait to get home
Firstly Scawen thanks for the update, all of the sounds have greatly immroved especially if you compare it with u33. Actualy it has been a massive improvement and the stage we are at now is very good.

On the FXO front i do hear some strange things happening after about 7000rpm like others have just mentioned but apart from that all cars sound good.

Mrt5 has really changed a lot and the gear whine on that is something to get use to.

overall though.. top work!

now enjoy your Christmas!

Mad
Oops, I mixed up RB4 and FXO!

The cars sound cool! While in U35 or U36 XRT and RB4 sounded the same, they're now different too.

On minor bug I noticed:
When I set the music volume to zero I can still hear it.
I like the new sounds aswell, but all cars sound a bit low revving, Im always shifting a lot too late. Maybe about 1000 rpm in the GTR/Formulas and 500 in the road cars.

I'd say U36 = "rooooawr"
Not "rrroooooaaaaawrwrrwrrwararararrrrrrr" yet, but already much closer than in any other LFS version
Now even I say that these sounds are better

But still i hear the peak sound at 6800-7000rpm ... i think I`ll just buy headphones, because as far as i tested in headphones i dont hear the peak so you can leave it as it is
Quote from ORION :I like the new sounds aswell, but all cars sound a bit low revving, Im always shifting a lot too late. Maybe about 1000 rpm in the GTR/Formulas and 500 in the road cars.

For me it also doesn't sound like the revs match reality, I think your about right on 1,000 RPM out but I think the road cars are also out by that much too

Otherwise the sounds are a great improvement
Scawen, you rule!! Love it! LX6, FZ5, FOX...sounds nice! Thank you and enjoy your Christmas with your family! You deserve it.
I like U36 too BUT I've replaced the BF1 engine sound file with the one from U35 since it sounds much better, so much so that I don't even care about the clipping.
Is there a curb sound? If so maybe raise it a bit?
Immersion is back! Frequency balance is back! WOW! (I gave all cars an honest go of two laps around blackwood... bar the MRT which I rolled half way through the second lap and couldn't bring myself to drive further but it sounded good anyway.)

Quote from ORION :I'd say U36 = "rooooawr"
Not "rrroooooaaaaawrwrrwrrwararararrrrrrr" yet, but already much closer than in any other LFS version

Yes! I think this is more than what I was hoping for for version V... a few of the cars seem to have bad gear-whine loops (XFR and FXR in particular), but overall, spectacular. Also, the XFG sounds a bit over-muffled from inside the car, and the XRG sounds a bit overmuffled altogether. The TBO are fine . A few of the cars seem to have a bit of a bad gear-whine loop, XFR in particular I think (and mostly the higher revving cars). [EDIT: Oh, and the BF1 sounded best in U35 I think... sounds like its revving at 13k when at 19k now IMO.] Everything else is perfect!
Quote from LFSn00b :So the patch V... Where do i extract the files

Where's patch V?
Extract to LFS_S2\data\engine
I think the sound is pretty good now. But the sound of other cars are to low, I can hardly hear a BF1 in front of me when driving, or passing me on the track when I'm in the pit lane. When you're watching F1 on TV you can hardly hear the commentators because of the noise when the cars are passing on the track. And when you're watching a race from a stand, you can't even hear when someone is shouting in your ear.

I don't know if it's the sound that decreases to fast over distance or if it's generally too low.
Quote from Lotsipxes :
I think the sound is pretty good now. But the sound of other cars are to low, I can hardly hear a BF1 in front of me when driving, or passing me on the track when I'm in the pit lane. When you're watching F1 on TV you can hardly hear the commentators because of the noise when the cars are passing on the track. And when you're watching a race from a stand, you can't even hear when someone is shouting in your ear.

I don't know if it's the sound that decreases to fast over distance or if it's generally too low.

Generally, your own car with drown out other cars unless perhaps you are following close behind a car with a rear exhaust or you are going slowly with no throttle. Your other problems seem to be that you need to turn your volume up.

Maxim
Quote from MaximUK :Generally, your own car with drown out other cars unless perhaps you are following close behind a car with a rear exhaust or you are going slowly with no throttle. Your other problems seem to be that you need to turn your volume up.

Maxim

Yes, but 3 meters behind I should hear the other (F1) car at least to the same level as mine because the engine and exhaust pipes are behind the driver.

The other problem is when and I'm driving on a low rpm (which leads to low sound volume) in the pitlane and another car is driving by on full throttle on the track. Since I can hear my own car I should be able to hear the other car screaming by 10 meters from me at about the same sound level. But this is not the case, I can hear my car fine, but the other car sounds very low.
just an idea that i stumbled upon when falling asleep yesterday regarding the automatic update thingy> what if someone does not want to download test patches in the future (not me, i always have the latest one )? i thought that there could be an yes/no option in the menu, that would only download "letter-only" patches not the numbered ones...

edit> did not read the newest posts... mentioned already...
Quote from Lotsipxes :

yep i was about to post the same!

i think the sounds of most car are now good, not perfect but alot better than they were at least! The only problem is the one you just said, a BF1 that passes your XFG just makes a silent sound, when it should really scream! I went to the F1 race here at gilles villeneuve circuit in montreal a year ago, and 1/4 of the people were wearing earplugs. When they passed in front you could feel the vibration in your stomach!

Right now the BF1 makes about the same noise as the UF1 when ur sitting in the middle of a straight and listen to it passing by, it should actually be 15 times louder

Formula 1 700hp = 147dB
normal road car at loudest level WOT under load i beleive is around 100dB

http://www.makeitlouder.com/Decibel%20Level%20Chart.txt

I guess it isnt really possible to implement it like in real life tho, since people driving the XFG would have their speakers at high level to hear their engine and then suddently a BF1 passes and you wake up everyone in the house.. But im sure there is something that could be done!
Quote from Boris Lozac :I just tested with LX4, recorded the same lap with fraps with U36 and these new test sounds, and it is definately better now!! It is more vroarrrrrr than vooooooooo as it was before.. and it screams more on higher revs now!!! Deffinately a better LX4 now!! Great work Scawen, great work, hope these new sounds end up in Patch V...

you nailed it. good feedback.
while i may not like the "sound" of the FXO, i LOVE the extra feedback im getting, i can drive and work out the RPM and Turbo boost just using my ears, its great!

the LX6, and LX4 rock.

Scawen, im sorry that i ever doubted thee!
Quote from SlamDunk :I like U36 too BUT I've replaced the BF1 engine sound file with the one from U35 since it sounds much better, so much so that I don't even care about the clipping.

Hmm.

There may be a market for a "sound-file tweaker" tool. (If Scawen will publish the format.) There must be folks who want the XFG to sound like a Veyron...
This thread is closed

TEST Patch U35 (obsolete)
(382 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG