The online racing simulator
just use that extra lock for handbrake turns!
Thanks for your oppinions guys. Good or bad. Just keep them coming!

(and no it's not sarcasm although I am well known for it)
I think it's a great idea and great fun to drive in.

Just wish i could get on now but unfortunately it has a password protection
Not private atm.
Quote from andybarsblade :went on here last night and to be honest i found it a big let down, you cant crusie because the police are spectating you and as soon as you speed they jump all over you and fine you, you cant earn any money buy crusing and it impossible to rob the bank as soon as you get 1 tap your busted and lose your car, its just not worth the hassle, .....

Just like irl, wonderful stuff. You forgot to mention that you even get busted for going the wrong way. LOL. You either like it or hate it.

On another note:
The new LFS U32.33.34.35.x.x.x test patches use different files for the horns and various sound effects. It's now using .wav files for horns. Anybody got that nice police HORN5.raw from the CLC site converted to HORN.wav ? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Here's the HORN5.raw version: http://www.maxheadroom.nu/clc/caribbean/downloads.htm
ahh i finaly get in then 10 seconds later it goes down
not bad, although with the server problems (my FXO, UF1 and LX6 are gone) im a little miffed!
Quote from Jakg :just use that extra lock for handbrake turns!

And that was my biggest disadvantage as a cop, except for the dirt. Road cars have a fairly small turning circle. The FZR has a relatively small turning circle as well, but it doesn't come close to most road cars.
Quote : On another note:
The new LFS U32.33.34.35.x.x.x test patches use different files for the horns and various sound effects. It's now using .wav files for horns. Anybody got that nice police HORN5.raw from the CLC site converted to HORN.wav ? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You can temporarily find new loop3 and siren at:
http://chris-p.depenisvanjezus.nl/clc
I have a question that i didn't get fully answered at the server:

I had just robbed the bank, when i was driving away form the bank towards the big turn at the end of the straight. I got out on the big sandtrap, and the officer followed me with his XFR. I handbrak-turned in the sand, an U-turn, still driving(slowly though, the speedo showed 42km/h) and he said i was busted, eventhough the in-sim program said i wasn't... Then suddenly, when i was about 100m~ away, i got busted..

It's not a big deal for me(I was driving UF1), but I'd like an explanation why.. illepall

Have replay if someone wants it
Maybe it was lag with the program communicating to you. Because sometimes some things are so overloaded, you get the seconds later, when they should really be instantaneous. It's not common, but with people being busted, it is very possible to happen when lag is in affect.
Well. I was the one who busted you and from my side there was no lag. CLIS returned the correct coding and you were busted there and then (at 'the beach').
huh ok.. but CLIS stated "busted" 10-20seconds after you said it

Bah i'll just watch out better next time!
hehe i really think there should be someway where a car must be unable to move before it is busted.
Thanks for the sirens etc. Chris P

Quote from Captain Slow :hehe i really think there should be someway where a car must be unable to move before it is busted.

I'm assuming thant you mean something like disabling the perp's vehicle by damaging it beyond repair. I dont like that idea. Seems like it might encourage full-on over-the-top smashing from police because it would be harder to stop crims. I think the current system of only needing you to stop is pretty fair and reasonable. Just my 2 cents, it should be harder to make cash if anything. Although I've a a tough time getting above 12K

I have been disconnected twice and lost expensive vehicles....Server crash and my PC buffer crash. I'll will put this down to unforeseeable natural disarsters, ie: Carribean Tsunami/Monsoon
Unfortunately it would then be nearly impossible to catch someone. Even if, like the above example, a car is still mobile in thick sand (1 km/h), you - being the officer - would have to somehow place yourself in front of the person to stop them going forward and behind them and beside them. So it's really not do-able, imo.
I'd suggest if the Cops are within 10 feet of the robbers and keep them under 10 mph for more than 10 seconds they are busted, and those numbers could always be tweaked easily.
This is an awesome idea
Good luck with it
great mod and all, but the server itself is having issues. It resets itself every so often, causing people in it too lose their cars this really needs to be fixed
Hmm, after cruising a bit this morning(for first time, the server was quite easy to enter) I wondered if there was possible with one thing, speedtraps? (ofcourse if you get caught you would get a fine which resembles your speed, not busting your car)
Quote from Vendetta :great mod and all, but the server itself is having issues. It resets itself every so often, causing people in it too lose their cars this really needs to be fixed

We are working hard on it. Don't think that we don't care please
I will post any progress as soon as I will have something meaningfull to say.
Quote from Go-carter :Hmm, after cruising a bit this morning(for first time, the server was quite easy to enter) I wondered if there was possible with one thing, speedtraps? (ofcourse if you get caught you would get a fine which resembles your speed, not busting your car)

I often do that. I stop my car on the side of the road and wait... As soon as i see on the map a vehicle is approaching i switch to it and watch what speed its traveling at(this is what needs to be done as we dont have Laser Radars in LFS) and if the car is traveling above the speedlimit. I go into pursuit. Its imposible to fine you, without stopping you, i i would simply tell u pay such and such, because u were speeding. And to setup a Forum or something, were we can post screenshots(snap shots of your speed) is simply too much hassle
i agree with Chris on a previous post. we shouldnt made this public with just those 2 queries. a nice cruise server witch it was sometimes on the private its now a chaos with cars flyng all over the place followd by police. Tweak sad 1time that if some1 robs the bank they do anything to get away even hitting other cars driving ww and the police need to do the same. well in my opinion IRL police rather slow down if it involves other cars and the danger to hit them evin in a blind turn u DONT go on w-side! IRL u dont have a map! it would be more fun to chase like in real life. one of the police rule is POLICE doesent have the right to hit other players just because they were in other persuits or running to assist ar whatever!

another thing with the police driving in 150000E cars. we started in the XRG (when every1 had uf1's) then we went to XRT/FXO (many ppl had xrt's lx4's) then on fz5 witch didnt last much because 3 ppl allready had XFR witch is a GTR and the had to switch to XRR/FZR.

i really start to dislike the server for what it is now its WAY offcourse of what it was supose to be! its absolut chaos now. ppl raming you /followd by police, u just cannot enjoy driving because u have to stay allert for the robbers comeing v fast on ww. its rediculous.

many of the police guys critiseis me for respecting the rules while in a chase and drive how i should drive and some times let the suspects get away. i just cant risc going wrongway and hit another car and then rapidly continueing my persuit! (p.s i play without a map/names and all (Shift+F) that-its at real as u can make it, but of course im the only "stupid" who trys to make it a good real cruise game)
Quote from Razvan :I often do that. I stop my car on the side of the road and wait... As soon as i see on the map a vehicle is approaching i switch to it and watch what speed its traveling at(this is what needs to be done as we dont have Laser Radars in LFS) and if the car is traveling above the speedlimit. I go into pursuit. Its imposible to fine you, without stopping you, i i would simply tell u pay such and such, because u were speeding. And to setup a Forum or something, were we can post screenshots(snap shots of your speed) is simply too much hassle

Ah, didn't know that! Now I have to watch out!
I like the look of this!
I just tried to join but it has a password!

All this chaos im reading about puts me off abit. I guesse some parts of the mod should be taken of for a while, like the bank robbery. and maybe people who drive really out of order ad all of the place should be dealt with severly like banning temp or somthing to keep the server fun for others

Can't wait till the servers open though
Had some fun, although busting people needs to be sorted out - a cop lagged and hit me, and as this shot me into a wall suddenly i was busted

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG