The online racing simulator
New Transformers Trailer - :D Shweeeet
(36 posts, started )
Oh yeah...
Optimus Prime, in photo-realism! Woohoo
#3 - S0ul
are they serious??I mean,alright,some robots looked neat....but transformers? I always hated these things,they have to be kidding illepall
Naaah,there will be always people who watch this,but i sure wont
#4 - Bean0
Quote from S0ul :are they serious??I mean,alright,some robots looked neat....but transformers? I always hated these things,they have to be kidding illepall
Naaah,there will be always people who watch this,but i sure wont

Blasphemy !!!!!!!1
#5 - S0ul
im sorry,its just....i dont know,it just appears stupid to me
I dont want to offend anyone though
They look silly - the actually transformations appear messy and overdone for the sake of making them look impressive. The toys and the cartoons were masterpieces of simplicity, and looked much better for it.

Think I'll be bittorrenting this one, no point supporting shoddy work.
#7 - Bean0
Quote from S0ul :im sorry,its just....i dont know,it just appears stupid to me
I dont want to offend anyone though

No need to apologise mate, the world would be a pretty boring place if everyone thought the same about everything

I see your age is in your profile, I think us old-uns are getting a bit misty eyed remembering the good old days back in the 80s.

I haven't watched the trailer because I'm at work, but will certainly give the film a go...I doubt I'll pay for the priviledge though
#8 - DeKo
as far as trailers go, that does look absolutely amazing. High def is spectacular but i dunno, werent the transformers meant to be the good guys?
Transformers = Genre of Robots that could become vehicles

Autobots = good guys
Decepticons = bad guys

Not sure of spelling of Decepticons though
#10 - DeKo
cool. its just, i played a transformers game on Ps2 (yes i know, im too young to remember transformers or anything like it) and they were the good guys, but in this there killing everybody . ive no idea though.
Watch the original (animated) movie, it's awesome (minus a few very cheesy lines here and there), and the cast is incredible

This looks really good, I'll keep an eye on it.
Quote from DeKo :cool. its just, i played a transformers game on Ps2 (yes i know, im too young to remember transformers or anything like it) and they were the good guys, but in this there killing everybody . ive no idea though.

So Transformers were the good guys? Who were the bad guys?

If the bad guys were 'other transformers' then I think you are confused. ALL of them would be transformers (Robots in Disguise), but the goodies were Autobots and the baddies Decepticons.
Might go see this dont know yet but transformers were great
#15 - DeKo
Quote from tristancliffe :So Transformers were the good guys? Who were the bad guys?

If the bad guys were 'other transformers' then I think you are confused. ALL of them would be transformers (Robots in Disguise), but the goodies were Autobots and the baddies Decepticons.

ah well, thanks, i have no idea. all i knew is that i played a robot and if i hit L1 i changed to a wee car, just assumed i was playing the good guy . thanks
Quote from tristancliffe : The toys and the cartoons were masterpieces of simplicity, and looked much better for it.

you apparently haven't tried some of the newer transformers...especially those from the Altenator series. The RX8 transformer i think has 35 steps listed in the instructions and i had to follow them to transform it the first time (a first for me), and it took ~15 minutes. now with a bit of practice, i've gotten it down to ~5 minutes.
Quote from glyphon :you apparently haven't tried some of the newer transformers...especially those from the Altenator series. The RX8 transformer i think has 35 steps listed in the instructions and i had to follow them to transform it the first time (a first for me), and it took ~15 minutes. now with a bit of practice, i've gotten it down to ~5 minutes.

5 minutes to transform a car into a bloody robot?!

That kind of defeats the whole idea, doesn't it?

Autobots! Transform and defend this outpost! Decepticons, would you be so kind as to go have a coffee while we transform, or are you just going to whoop us while we're somewhere in the middle?
The trailer was very dark and depressing, which makes me think the majority of the darker robots were Decepticons... I know for a fact that brightly coloured sportscar (i think its yellow or orange) is an Autobot

I look forward to this movie so much because i absolutly loved it when i was little - boys and their toys and all that

Mon The Starscream!
well, if you were to watch this video, it looks easy. but in practice, its a PITA. as such, it almost always stays in car mode.
Quote from f1r3b4ll :The trailer was very dark and depressing, which makes me think the majority of the darker robots were Decepticons... I know for a fact that brightly coloured sportscar (i think its yellow or orange) is an Autobot

I look forward to this movie so much because i absolutly loved it when i was little - boys and their toys and all that

Mon The Starscream!

I know for a fact that that huge truck that stops and the robot they cut to from above in the next frames is Optimus Prime (the big kahuna of the autobots).
But yeah, all the cars are autobots... Hence the name "Auto"bots. The decepticons are mainly planes and some other weird appliances.
Why would we want to know about a new Transformers trailer..? Sorry if i seem to be rude but we dont really "play" at this age lol
It aint about playing anymore, it's about collecting. I have friends older than me (in their early 30s) that are dedicated to owning every single Transformer in existence, purely so they can live on a shelf in a heroic pose forever. I've known more than one of them to search ebay & collectors' forums for weeks for a single piece - one accessory - from an '80s TF toy, just to make one robot complete.

This Transformer flick will make zillions not just from new Transformer fans but from the original fans who watched it as kids back in the '80s. Perhaps not from me though. I loved the TFs as a kid but these days I'm obsessed with diecast F1 cars from the 60s and online race sims - which is still playing with toys as far as Mrs Hank is concerned Just swapped one nerdism for another I guess
Quote from spsamsp :Why would we want to know about a new Transformers trailer..? Sorry if i seem to be rude but we dont really "play" at this age lol

The Transformers are a generation and a geek thing. You either know what they are, and love them, or don't.

Quote from Hankstar :This Transformer flick will make zillions not just from new Transformer fans but from the original fans who watched it as kids back in the '80s.

Truer words are rarely spoken

Lets just hope Micheal Bay doesn't totally cock it up and do a Uwe Boll
i'd say Bay has a 50/50 chance of screwing it up...maybe better than 50/50. Here's to hoping it not another Pearl Harbor or Armageddon.

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG