The online racing simulator
Kegetys' Ghost Car v1.0 for S2
(191 posts, closed, started )
Same here, but I use AtiTrayTools.
Imo the d3d8.dll fails to work with the mentioned programs. Ghostcar seems to be incompatible now...
Brillant Add On!!!
I never thought a ghost car add on would help me so much in improving my lap times. Fantastic!
Great work Kegety!!! Thanks a lot!
THis is a great little mod. Helped me a lot.
However, im running it in Vista and every time i set a lap record LFS crashes. Any ideas?

THanks
Quote from m4vrick :THis is a great little mod. Helped me a lot.
However, im running it in Vista and every time i set a lap record LFS crashes. Any ideas?

THanks

Drive slower
i was running u34, ill try it with u35 now. For some reason i really think it has something to do with Vista. It seems that every time i set a PB, it writes something to the drive, and thats whats causing the error. I did try to run the program with Administrative privledges but I got same crash when setting PB.
yep, just tried with u35 and even turned firewall off. Same crash. Soon ill beat WR and won't be able to see the problem again. I guess thats a solution.
Is the ghost directory set to read only? I've seen programs crash when they attempt to write to a file that they can't.
Ill check when I get home, but even though it crashes it still stores the PB.
So its writing to it, just crashes at same time too.
link in post 1 has a problem !! another link please.
Fixed.
wish u just have made this alot sooner lol
Since the HiRes Mirrors in Patch V2 the ghostcar is not displayed in the mirrors anymore.

Would be great if this could be fixed.
In V5 patch ghost files are stored like BL1..ghost, not BL1.XRR.ghost (separatelly for each car) - probably LFS doesnt report currently used car just like before.
Quote from --==Gogo==-- :Since the HiRes Mirrors in Patch V2 the ghostcar is not displayed in the mirrors anymore.

Would be great if this could be fixed.

I can not see it in the mirrors but I see it in the middle of the cockpickt.

It looks it does not know where is the mirror.

I hope it will be fixed. It is a very usefull tool.
Please,

This mod not work with patch W?

Not for me.

JS
Please,

Anybody uses this mod with patch W?

Regards,

JS
I just tried it and it does not work in W for me either

Any ideas?
I have tried with patch W..
It works,but line does not display ok on the track,test with XRR and ghost car is XFG?Time works,but it display "New ghost car record".And i see green and red stripes in the car,on the instrument table (behind)..
Any chance for this great add-on to work with new patch?
Any news on this one?
Kegetys still working on this or is it a dead project?
Kegetys please, the Ghost Addon is a great idea to training offline!

Please Help us!

JS
Made some progress with Patch W.
Make raf file,then use raf-ghost converter found on the forum,rename new ghost file (e.g. AS1.XFR.ghost to AS1..ghost),and after that it works...but only one car per track...
Yes, I have noticed the same thing. I think it's because LFS changed how it reported the names of the cars via InSim in the latest official patch. Ghost doesn't understand the new names, so it defaults to a blank string.
More
Ghost car is a poor name.It´s more a "Real time 3D Holographic Telemetry set".
Great tool.
We already have aceleration,deceleration,position in the track and path of the car in the lap.Can we have too,maybe in a corner of the screen,gear,RPM and speed?
You give the finger,the guys wants the hand,You give the hand the guys wants the arms...
Unfortunately Ghostcar doesn't run with Patch X anymore.

:sadbanana

If Kegetys reads this ... PLEASE MAKE ME HAPPY and update your wonderful LFS-Mod. I'm a beginner and it's a great help for me to improve my driving skills by driving with the Ghostcar.

Best regards,
Norbert
This thread is closed

Kegetys' Ghost Car v1.0 for S2
(191 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG