The online racing simulator
I just crashed or disconnected or something. I think they need to make it so that people that lose connection don't lose their items, because it really is a huge blow to the play factor of this whole system.

Because with however much time people spend on the server driving and trying to earn cash and cars, it all goes to waste with a simple crash or disconnect, and you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!!! :mad:
its been reduced to 15 slots.
Quote from Tweaker :The server had crashed not too long ago, people lost their cars, their money and wasted a buttload of time on this.....

And now some commands wont work, people cannot buy anything, etc etc. It's a mess.

BTW, you need to leave a link to your forum somewhere on your site. AND you need to give more information on the site, so many things are vague, and when people ask questions on the server, others get really angry and give a link to your website which doesn't answer any questions..... lol

I am sorry to see players getting dissapointed, but eventhough we have spent quite some time to test it, we never got a chance to see it under such a heavy load. Monk had to rewrite major part of the core yesterday, and after just few minutes the server was back online, running new version of the CLIS. Today we got a new kind of error, which forced us to restart the server once again. Players obviously lose their money or cars they got from the session they see the crash. But I wouldn't call them a victims, common. "Wasted a buttload of time on this..." are words which sound a bit pathetic to me, when I look back at all those sleepless nights I have "wasted" on this gameplay.

When it comes to info on the site, and questions people ask on the server, well... I am not going to write anything like "Go to the garage #423, and luckily find a lottery ticket there! And btw, when you disco and rejoin the server, you can get another one!".
That would kinda destroy the magic. Or? Are you the kind who starts some adventure game and go google for some walkthrough from the very 1st screen?

I would love to see people relaxing with friends after some good adrenaline race, on the Caribbean Cruise. And care less about money. Is it really just me?
I think the disconnect/pit penalty is far too harsh maybe loosing a 1000 would be more like it.

EDIT - Rayfighter - your post sums it up exactly right
Quote from RAYfighter :

I would love to see people relaxing with friends after some good adrenaline race, on the Caribbean Cruise. And care less about money. Is it really just me?

thats exactly what i hope to do
Quote from franky500 :i like that server, shame it crashed again , back up and full!!

question: 1.) will this be available as a mod for other server hosts?
Question: 2.) why not increase the slots to 23 ?

Hey there Franky,
I feel honored that you visited us
answer 1) this is really a good questions now, when it seems that the router is having a hard time with the traffic. I need to think about it and talk to guys but I would love to see more servers hosting it (with different tracks). For now I see them all having those 3 red letters in a host name, though.
answer 2) reason above, 20 slots doesn't seem to be 100% stable on the current machine. 23 slots means 3 speccers, which too many newcommers kinda couldn't understand, so we had to restrict to 20/20 race/connected.
Quote from RAYfighter :"Wasted a buttload of time on this..." are words which sound a bit pathetic to me, when I look back at all those sleepless nights I have "wasted" on this gameplay.

No! Your time wasn't wasted for making this, this is a really cool idea and lots of fun!

But for the PLAYER, it isn't quite 'safe' for people to enjoy it, and people will spend hours on end to earn something, but then it can all dissapear. There is always room for working issues like this out right? I mean, the reason I mention this is because the time it takes to earn at least $500 takes SO LONG that you can really only earn about $1000 in 30 mins with just the XRT. I was speeding around the track for about 10 minutes, and only earned 200. That is a bit 'low', yet you will probably disagree because people seem to earn their money not by driving and by robbing or asking people for cash. The thing is, once you do all this and have a good time to earn some money, if you are disconnected, your time was wasted playing, and it really really really really is a big blow to the player because they spent all that time collecting cash and cool cars, and then "poof" it's all gone from a server crash or mass disconnect. That is what I am talking about when "our time was wasted".

Imagine building a huge tower out of dominoes that took you about 2 hours to do. Then someone comes by and flicks it and it all falls down. It's like you work so hard to earn something and progress in the game, but then it is all ruined .

I don't know how your system works, but I'd suggest making sure your system does some kind of frequent backups and saves data to a file for everyone's current status/money/cars. This way so that at least if/when the server crashes, players don't have EVERYTHING completely lost.

Also, I think the fact that you shift-S and/or disconnect and it taking your car away from you is a bit harsh. This is the internet and online gaming we are dealing with here, there are bound to be problems arising from connection issues and server issues. You guys need to take that into account. Or else being proud of earning something after a hard few hours of play is just worthless from any accidental pitting or disconnecting.

Again, don't get me wrong, I am only decribing a hole in the system that affects the player's enjoyment immensely. Your bank/money/car system is really cool, and it is a great idea. There just needs to be fixes along the way to make it even better and avoid future problems
Hey Tweaker,
I can summarize those about 100 pages of internal CLC discussions about things you have mentioned later and via private messages. Sorry but now I got no time. So later, promise.

Just btw, I understood it that you did not mean wasted my time. Just wanted to point out that playing LFS is never a hard work for me and never the wasted time. Even when I was leading the race and I have lost connection. Those few exciting laps before it happened still counts to me. But hey, I know what you mean. I feel it about the same, from the very beginning. Cheaters-proof system is almost impossible to create. But let's keep trying yea. So..later.
Quote from RAYfighter :When it comes to info on the site, and questions people ask on the server, well... I am not going to write anything like "Go to the garage #423, and luckily find a lottery ticket there! And btw, when you disco and rejoin the server, you can get another one!".
That would kinda destroy the magic. Or? Are you the kind who starts some adventure game and go google for some walkthrough from the very 1st screen?

No, not to reveal clues or walkthroughs on the site, but to give more information about how everythign works. Because the site is vague and lacks information... yet when someone asks a question regarding something in the gameplay, any CLC guy will link the person to the website which will not answer their question whatsoever .

Then you just get tons of people asking questions left and right which cannot (and sometimes will not) be answered. It would be nice if more people knew about the game by reading about it thourougly on the website, so there wouldn't be tons of questions popping up online. Sure it is nice to help people with one or two questions, but whenever a new person joins it is always the same thing over and over again... "how do I buy a car", "how can I be a cop?" "why did I lose my car"...etc.

In general, you guys need a "Getting Started" part of the website, and a BIG "FAQ" section for the common questions. For questions asking where the bank is and such, you don't have to answer that, and just say "go exploring, learn from other robbers" or something .

It's just more fun when you are with 15+ people and they all know what they are doing. The learning curve is a bit steep when you can only see your answers to your questions for about 8 seconds in the top of your screen/chat area of LFS. (because of the constant chitchat and other questions being asked).

It's only your first few days so far, and it's been running well, I just think the website would provide newbies with very useful information to get started, and it would prove to be a great tool overall. It's something that shouldn't be lacking with a system like this... honestly.

I'd be happy to write something up, and make some graphics for a tutorial or guide, but I don't even know much myself right now . PM me if you'd like me to help out
Quote from RAYfighter :Hey there Franky,
I feel honored that you visited us
answer 1) this is really a good questions now, when it seems that the router is having a hard time with the traffic. I need to think about it and talk to guys but I would love to see more servers hosting it (with different tracks). For now I see them all having those 3 red letters in a host name, though.
answer 2) reason above, 20 slots doesn't seem to be 100% stable on the current machine. 23 slots means 3 speccers, which too many newcommers kinda couldn't understand, so we had to restrict to 20/20 race/connected.

Thanks, Although you dont have to have 3 speccers.. all 23 can join the track

If you need another server, let me know
@Tweak the only thing that I felt wasn't clear on the site was being a cop and not to pit in the Fe Green garages, everything else they'd have to be blind to miss if they read it.
Quote from ajp71 :@Tweak the only thing that I felt wasn't clear on the site was being a cop and not to pit in the Fe Green garages, everything else they'd have to be blind to miss if they read it.

The most common questions or procedures can't be found on their site, even if it was, if you were to be looking for something, it isn't all consistent and on relative pages (information is scattered all over the place). Having a guide that would clearly lay it out on one (or 2) page would make it a whole lot easier to read about CC in its entirety. It shouldn't be so difficult for how 'simple' it really is to learn about this game.
I loved the server last night. Once you understand how things work it gets really fun. Just hope i didn't lose anything in a crash or something since last night. Can't wait to by a LX4, then a RAC.
I missed the opening last night due to a train being held back, so I got home at 11:00pm GMT, otherwise I played on the server before and I will play again, but its been full since morning. As for those filing complaints on the harsh systems - there is a reason for everything.
Quote from Rappa Z :Can't wait to by a LX4, then a RAC.

Save up purely for the RAC using a UF1. You actually lose more by buying the LX4, selling it, and then getting the RAC .

The UF1 actually makes almost as much as my LX6 when I do a full fast lap in both the cars. I thought the LX6 would've made more, but not really

The UF1 is a cheap and safe way to make money, because if you crash it, cant make it to pits etc etc, you won't lose something that was really really expensive. Just buy another one for 2500 and keep going . But you're better off robbing from the bank, and winning the lottery to earn quick cash... you just gotta be really sneaky if good cops are around
ive won lottery twice

damaged my car beyond mobility twice

won a race (although freindly with no prize)

and bought an xf gti (dunno why really)

i just wish that whoever the "cops" are would come on so i can have a go at bank robbing.
I'm trying to get my badge and uniform at this very moment . Hopefully I'll be back on showing you my lights in your mirrors
Quote from Tweaker :I'm trying to get my badge and uniform at this very moment . Hopefully I'll be back on showing you my lights in your mirrors

hopefully ill just leave you cartwheeling down the road while i run off with the swag!! or the slag (if they implement dogging)
Quote from Tweaker :I'm trying to get my badge and uniform at this very moment . Hopefully I'll be back on showing you my lights in your mirrors

In that case I won't be robbing the bank with you around... or atleast until I imrpove my LX6 skills.
bah, i am garanteed to get caught when robbing. Lottery is how i shall make my money. Tis a hard decision deciding how to use the money though.
im not really interested in those city life servers so i cant really comment on anything but i love the design of your webpage ... reminds me a lot of one of my fav games of all times ... outrun

edit: piss poor spelling on life
Quote from Shotglass :im not really interested in those city live servers so i cant really comment on anything but i love the desing of your webpage ... reminds me a lot of one of my fav games of all times ... outrun

i hated city driving servers, but this is brilliant. really u should try it
Quote from Captain Slow :i hated city driving servers, but this is brilliant. really u should try it

ill give it a try if i ever actually get on the server
Quote from Shotglass :ill give it a try if i ever actually get on the server

yea its quite ful. and once your in dont come off unles you dont want to be back on for a long time.
luckly, a lot of the Europeans have work tommarow and won't be up so late, a perfect chance for me to get back in tonight.

edit: personally i think you should try to get 2 servers and stop some of the meyhem from people trying to enter the server

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG