The online racing simulator
LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
Quote from SamH :The perpetual "I might buy [insert product] one day..." is familiar to me. I understand that you say it.. but it's the life-experienced cynic in me that looks at all the other stuff that you say.. stuff like...

and concludes "No, I really don't think you will".

So.. the reason I don't think you'll buy LFS is because everything you say, says that you won't buy LFS

i'll probally buy it in next 2 months or so out of pure respect for the developers, every time i boot up the game i think damn only 3 people. Being a computer Science major i understand somewhat the amount of work that that was needed for the game.
Suggest your next reply in this topic is only in 2 months, when there stands 'S2 licensed' under your name instead of 'demo racer'.

This isn't a deal, it's a take or leave
@ Gianni.. I suspect many people are thinking like you. I've a slightly different feeling on it...

Quote from lalathegreat :i'll probally buy it in next 2 months or so out of pure respect for the developers, every time i boot up the game i think damn only 3 people. Being a computer Science major i understand somewhat the amount of work that that was needed for the game.

I dare say the devs might grumble (possibly very loudly) when I say this, but I honestly think that you shouldn't. I think you'd be a miserable LFS owner. Barely anything suits you about LFS now, and you've not even paid for it yet. Once you've spent your money, you'd have an extra impetus to grumble and complain.. but LFS doesn't work that way. LFS is what LFS is. Even those of us who've bought an S2 licence have absolutely no say in how it's developed. We bought it because we like it. Nobody who doesn't like it should buy it. You don't like the way it works, and so I mean it when I say.. don't buy it.
It's sad that most people try to take advantage of the (really nice) fact that the devs are so close to the community. When you buy a game in a store, you're not going to knock on the doors of the devs and tell them how they should run their business. And then people complain the devs aren't connected to their players.

Conclusion, if you don't like the way the game is developped, then don't try to change it, just don't buy it. We're all a gratefull bunch for the devs being so close to us. I have never had a question about a game, that's being answered by the big shot himself, except LFS.
-
(RAYfighter) DELETED by RAYfighter
Quote from axus :Let us now review obsolete_power's "respectful" opening post. I'll do something I don't like doing - dissect a post piece by piece so I can get my point across. I highlight in red the parts which piss me off (which is pretty much the whole post).

That doesn't sound like an opinion to me. It sounds like a rash statement.

Oh bugger, that's a bit backward. Somehow 19 cars are less than the what, 8 we had in S1? And what is "depth"? Everything about LFS has progressed over time so that statement is just flat out wrong. As for

Really? What about the physics?

Great, why do you feel the need to tell us about it?

Its a fact, get over it - no-one hid that fact from you when you bought the game.

That won't necessarily speed anything up - in a good way anyway. "They cannot keep up with the demand"? That makes no sense at all. If they cannot meet your demands (which is a totally different thing) then go play something else. You didn't buy slaves for £24, you bought a game.

Yeah, development takes time.

That's really respectful. Nice.

Woah. Read the EULA again. The devs owe you nothing. And, the devs are in high gear now, doing 10hour days. What more do you expect? They'd be doing less in a day job.

What's that got to do with anything? I'm sure they're satisfied or they wouldn't be here (yes, they are here).

Oh yeah? Then go play something else.

How about you get your act together and make us a better sim?

Oh no, HK will stop playing LFS. Whatever shall we do?

Come to what? Oh, you leaving? Bugger. I'll start weeping in a bit.

The point is, none of those comments I made in the first post were directed towards the community in any way. I will say it again, they were directed at the game so why do you feel the need to insult me? In fact, if you consider yourself so intelligent, why are you taking everything so personal? If you don't agree with something then you simply have to say you disagree and move on, not ramble on for 4 pages with comments and dissecting my sentences which are a pure waste of time for you since they won't change my opinion. In the "real world" as you put it, we learn that taking things not directed at oneself, personally, is a blatant act of immaturity so there you go, now you can go and sarcastically weep
Quote from GianniC :LFS is dead

can anybody out there
here me
can anybody out there
feel me
can you here me
cause I don't seem to hear myself
cause I don't seem to feel myself
can anybody out there see me
cause I keep losing my way
ye ye
I keep losing my way
It's so busy in South City anyway
I keep losing my way
What I got to say

Come this way
I'll show you Live for Speed
Hide that weed
That
Is something you don't need
Live for Speed
Is what you need

Don't need it ?
Wait... go stand there
Ye right there in the corner

*all point and laugh now*
:drink:

LFS isn't dead and it will never die.
Love LFS!
Love this community!

Haha way to suck up...
What happend to you leaving :P
Quote from obsolete_power :Haha way to suck up...

You're confusing sucking up with appreciation. There is a difference, and you've failed to spot it. But no matter.

You bought LFS, and you played it. I'm assuming that you enjoyed it, and got at least £24'sworth of hours out of it. You've since found something else to play. Go for it. I do genuinely support you in that move.

But there's absolutely nothing to be achieved by back-biting here. Nobody who's a present and active member of this forum should be expected to read a post like yours and resist responding. It's your responsibility to do as YOU said, and move along to the next thing. Don't drive in your rear-view mirror
I keep hoping on seeing a "no more welcome" message.. This is really going nowhere..

Some jerk stops liking the game, feels the need to tell the world about and trying to make people think LFS is bad. What's really stupid when you're on the official forum of the game where generally people like the game. So it's just trying to get into an arguement. If you say you're leaving, please leave, you have nothing more to add around here.

Why can't I put it to words like SamH
Quote from SamH :@ Gianni.. I suspect many people are thinking like you. I've a slightly different feeling on it...

I dare say the devs might grumble (possibly very loudly) when I say this, but I honestly think that you shouldn't. I think you'd be a miserable LFS owner. Barely anything suits you about LFS now, and you've not even paid for it yet. Once you've spent your money, you'd have an extra impetus to grumble and complain.. but LFS doesn't work that way. LFS is what LFS is. Even those of us who've bought an S2 licence have absolutely no say in how it's developed. We bought it because we like it. Nobody who doesn't like it should buy it. You don't like the way it works, and so I mean it when I say.. don't buy it.

What does what you just said have to do with what lalathegreat said?? I am sorry, did I miss something here? Your post attacks him when he only said positive things...The 3 dev wow factor, the amount of hard work going into the sim, the fact that he will buy it out of respect...I could see how you may interpret the buying out of respect deal as a negative thing but I doubt he meant anything negative by it...
I think this is the way forward sgt.slippy
Attached images
woo.JPG
Quote from sgt.flippy :Why can't I put it to words like SamH

We think the same.. and you say it just as well
Quote from obsolete_power :What does what you just said have to do with what lalathegreat said?? I am sorry, did I miss something here? Your post attacks him when he only said positive things...The 3 dev wow factor, the amount of hard work going into the sim, the fact that he will buy it out of respect...I could see how you may interpret the buying out of respect deal as a negative thing but I doubt he meant anything negative by it...

I'm saying what I'm saying because I don't want the guy to be unhappy about spending money. I wouldn't want anyone to "waste" their money, and I mean it when I say I don't think the guy would be happy. I would have thought you, of all people, would have been on board for that
Quote from SamH :You're confusing sucking up with appreciation. There is a difference, and you've failed to spot it. But no matter.

You bought LFS, and you played it. I'm assuming that you enjoyed it, and got at least £24'sworth of hours out of it. You've since found something else to play. Go for it. I do genuinely support you in that move.

But there's absolutely nothing to be achieved by back-biting here. Nobody who's a present and active member of this forum should be expected to read a post like yours and resist responding. It's your responsibility to do as YOU said, and move along to the next thing. Don't drive in your rear-view mirror

Resist responding? No way! This is why I made this thread, partly to see what people's opinion is...Excuse my language but when someone feels the need to defend a game by making personal attacks, well, how can I have respect for those people? Really, if you consider yourself intelligent and me stupid then why have you shown nothing but stupidity by attacking me personally? Because I posted on the forums? So what? Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Nowhere does it say that I must find the game godly or the best or not complain about it....When someone finds something different or sees it differently than anybody else, why go after him personally? So if I go to my professor and tell him I don't agree with something he said, he will call me stupid or an idiot like you guys? No, I have done it lots of times. My professor often agreed with what I had to argue about his lectures. So I will not be skewed by some people that have nothing better to do than attack a person over their opinions on what you call a community forum. You have just proved to everyone how "well" you can handle and resist flaming...Man, I look at all of you and I just get a little bit more sad...
I'm confused, now.. you're quoting me but are you referring to me?
Quote from SamH :I'm confused, now.. you're quoting me but are you referring to me?

The first little bit was about you. The next part I was using "you" hypothetically.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I keep hoping on seeing a "no more welcome" message.. This is really going nowhere..

Some jerk stops liking the game, feels the need to tell the world about and trying to make people think LFS is bad. What's really stupid when you're on the official forum of the game where generally people like the game. So it's just trying to get into an arguement. If you say you're leaving, please leave, you have nothing more to add around here.

Why can't I put it to words like SamH

Now I am being called a jerk...nice, real nice
Quote from obsolete_power :So if I go to my professor and tell him I don't agree with something he said, he will call me stupid or an idiot like you guys? No, I have done it lots of times.

Next time, try going up to your professor and start throwing personal insults at him, tell him that no one gives a turd about his personal life or his family, insist that he has an obligation to sit on his ass all day and write his lectures the way you want them to be written, tell him that you've got other classes that you enjoy far more and then give him an ultimatum that if he doesn't make MAJOR changes to his course work, you'll stop coming to his class and will tell everyone else to do the same.
Quote from BuddhaBing :Next time, try going up to your professor and start throwing personal insults at him, tell him that no one gives a turd about his personal life or his family, insist that he has an obligation to sit on his ass all day and write his lectures the way you want them to be written, tell him that you've got other classes that you enjoy far more and then give him an ultimatum that if he doesn't make MAJOR changes to his course work, you'll stop coming to his class and will tell everyone else to do the same.

Again, what does it have to do with you? Do you and your little buddies here on your happy little community feel the need to defend the developers? Huh? Who appointed you their bodyguard?
Quote from obsolete_power :The first little bit was about you. The next part I was using "you" hypothetically.

Ahh okay. Well, my own perspective is that - since you've moved on to TDU, and have stopped using LFS - your posts are inherently trolling. Specifically, as you point out, they're agitative in nature, and specifically intended to gain responses.

People on this forum are, by and large, pro-LFS. If you post negatively, your opinions are likely to be attacked. You knew this before posting, so again I conclude that you're just here to do some trolling.

As I'd say to my kids, I say to you.. it's not that you're a jerk. You just do jerkish things. Trolling is stuff jerks do. If you want me to speak nicely of the things you do, do some nice things.

I really think this thread's positively run its course. Final thoughts are welcome in the next 10 mins. It'd be nice if they could be positive posts. Then I'm gonna lock it. I really don't want to encourage perpetual trolling, because it's only ever been tolerated to any extent on this forum through overly generous, and gentle moderation. That doesn't make trolling okay though.
Quote from SamH :Ahh okay. Well, my own perspective is that - since you've moved on to TDU, and have stopped using LFS - your posts are inherently trolling. Specifically, as you point out, they're agitative in nature, and specifically intended to gain responses.

People on this forum are, by and large, pro-LFS. If you post negatively, your opinions are likely to be attacked. You knew this before posting, so again I conclude that you're just here to do some trolling.

As I'd say to my kids, I say to you.. it's not that you're a jerk. You just do jerkish things. Trolling is stuff jerks do. If you want me to speak nicely of the things you do, do some nice things.

I really think this thread's positively run its course. Final thoughts are welcome in the next 10 mins. It'd be nice if they could be positive posts. Then I'm gonna lock it. I really don't want to encourage perpetual trolling, because it's only ever been tolerated to any extent on this forum through overly generous, and gentle moderation. That doesn't make trolling okay though.

Who are you to say that I am trolling? Trolling is when you go after something or someone based on no valid evidence. I wouldn't have said what I said if I would have gotten what I thought I was going to get out of LFS. Basically, I get bored of racing around all day with cars that I have driven thousands of times on tracks that I have driven, again, many times. That's the jist of it. The only positive thing would be that LFS can still change. It can become, once again, what it used to be.
Time's up. Thanks for the laughs, which we DID have early in the thread. Glad the OP's question was answered.

To the LFS supporters.. rock on

To the LFS dissenters.. troll off
This thread is closed

LFS is dead???
(223 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG