The online racing simulator
Test Patch and Viewer
(11 posts, started )
Test Patch and Viewer
Since installing the test patch my skin viewer will not load up, the error message says a FONT file is missing, any one else noticed this?
No problem here, but I have the viewer installed to a different map.
AFAIR, the Viewer has to be put in a separate folder, not together with LFS S2.
i get the same "could not load font" error after installing test patch
Quote from detail :AFAIR, the Viewer has to be put in a separate folder, not together with LFS S2.

why???
it worked perfectly ok before hand!
Quote from detail :AFAIR, the Viewer has to be put in a separate folder, not together with LFS S2.

Wot he said.
Both the viewer and LFS use the abc file.

If you put them in the same directory now that the test patch uses a different file, the viewer doesnt know how to read it (because its a different format, now theres more than 1 language).

Blimey, thats a bit rambly. But nevermind.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Both the viewer and LFS use the abc file.

If you put them in the same directory now that the test patch uses a different file, the viewer doesnt know how to read it (because its a different format, now theres more than 1 language).

Blimey, thats a bit rambly. But nevermind.

makes sense....
cheers
Quote from Doorman :Wot he said.

Wot?
It is actually better normally to put the LFS viewer in the S2Alpha folder, because then the viewer just views the skins folder and you wont have to drag skins back n forth while skinning. You just save the skin and start up the viewer.
But yea, if the abc file is different, it needs a place of its own I'm afraid. But once the viewer gets updated with the newest abc, it's going back to where it was for me.
Quote from (SaM) :It is actually better normally to put the LFS viewer in the S2Alpha folder, because then the viewer just views the skins folder and you wont have to drag skins back n forth while skinning. You just save the skin and start up the viewer.
But yea, if the abc file is different, it needs a place of its own I'm afraid. But once the viewer gets updated with the newest abc, it's going back to where it was for me.

thats exactly what i did and will do in the future

Test Patch and Viewer
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG