The online racing simulator
lfs.exe Crashing
(12 posts, started )
lfs.exe Crashing
I haven't played this for awhile, and I decided to come back and play. But after I downloaded it (I dled the one from bit torrent), and unzipped it. It didn't play. I have tried reinstalling it, and using the patch, but nothing fixed it. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Last 8 digits of the crash address: 00512152

Computer specs:
Athlon XP 2800+
Geforce 6800LE with 78.01 drivers (newest)
1gb pc2700 ram
When you say "It didn't play" what do you mean?

-Didn't start up?
-Game kept crashing during racing?

-See anything when clicking on the EXE?
When I execute lfs.exe, it gets to the part where it starts loading textures, then it gets the error message about lfs.exe.
I have not gotten into the racing yet.
Some questions:

-Are you overclocking anything? If you are, try your system at normal speeds.

-In your LFS folder, usually there is a file called deb.log. In that file you should be able to read some information why LFS crashed. But it might not be there or have anything in it because the game is crashing so early.

-Try deleting your cfg.txt file and card_cfg.txt file. Then try restarting the game.

-If those steps above do not work, try earlier drivers possibly -- never try beta drivers if those are beta. If that still does not work, I don't know what else to say... try downloading the game from somewhere else and not via a torrent.
No, I'm not overclocking anything.

My deb log:
LFS : 0.5P2
timer resolution 1 ms
read config
get command line
preinit d3d
number of adapters : 1
adapter 0 - valid modes : 140
load bans
load font
max texture size 4096
can do shadows
can use 2x tex
can do multi tex
can use dynamic tex
can use compressed tex
create english file
initialisations
human system
init sound
tables
helmet
init controllers
default light map
load objects
start intro
end of initialisation
Blackwood

Tried deleting my cfg.txt, same thing. I didn't have a card_cfg.txt.

Tried earlier drivers, and I just dled LFS S2 from www.justpressplay.net.

I have no idea whats wrong.
#6 - Vain
I have the slight idea that it might be a sound-bug. The initialization is complete according to deb.log and the menu should play. That is the same moment where the background-music is started. This might cause the crash.
Did you check your soundcard for new drivers?

Vain
Quote from Vain :I have the slight idea that it might be a sound-bug. The initialization is complete according to deb.log and the menu should play. That is the same moment where the background-music is started. This might cause the crash.
Did you check your soundcard for new drivers?

Vain

I tried the new soundcard drivers, but they did not help.
#8 - Vain
Try disabling music and sound in the .cfg file, if possible. Just for testing purposes.

Vain
I tried this in the cfg:

Music Setup 0
Music Game 0
Music Replay 0

Still did not work for me.
What background processes are running (important that we know)? Like... do you have any anti-virus or other security software running? Or perhaps mistakenly blocked the EXE with Windows Security Center? (if you have SP2).

Do this. Attach a file called dxdiag.txt for us here so we can look closer at your system specs.

Start --> Run --> type dxdiag and hit OK --> The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will startup, let it finish loading --> Click on the Save All Information button and save the text file somewhere where you can remember. Then attach it to a reply here.

This file will just contain information, and is easier for us to know what kind of hardware you have running. Because the chances of hardware being at fault for a game crashing at startup is very high, this can help most of the time.
Heres the DxDiag.txt
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 41.4 KB - 172 views
Did you fix the problem?

if not....

Try downloading LFS again, from a different source, maybe from a website rather than a torrent. Might have been a corrupt download?

You say you re-installed LFS again, but if you did so from the same source/file you originally downloaded, I dare say its the original download causing the problem.

Let us know how you go.

lfs.exe Crashing
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG