The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you pay or not?

I would pay 20€ for Nürburgring Nordschleife
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Laguna seca
I'm not interested paying for track addons
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Bathurst
None of the tracks listed interest me, but I'd be willing to pay for some other track(s)
I would pay less for one of these
I would pay 5€ or 10€ for Mosport
I would pay even more for one of these
I'm poor or my mummy wouldn't allow me to buy one
Quote from magicius :tell to them i made track and they cant find me

I'm sure we can get some kind of agreement on this. Just let me try the track and I'll tell the assasins, murderers, lawyers, ninjas and south city police to back off

Btw. of course no one can find you. Ever
oh i'd pay for a real life track.. but i'd pay more to get the car i want in LFS!
I've never craved "real" cars, but real tracks I think of all the time......Nürburgring Nordschleife FTW!....lol....I know with tracks we have all learned most famous courses in other games and from TV, or at some point in our race loving lives.....and that knowledge is not put to good use at this point.....Nürburgring Nordschleife has so many reasons to be the top pick, the graffiti on the road, the banks and bumps and narrow passing sections, the length.......all the others are on my wish list but not in the way that NN is..
Hi. Even though the tracks listed were very appealing, ummm I voted none.
I would rather the developers spend time screwing around with and developing
their own creations instead of using all that time and resources trying to duplicate a track to the standards we've come to expect from them
A real track would be cool as some sort of mod that's after S-3
but again, I really don't think worth it overall if the devs tied up "X" amount of time & recources and money and legal negotiating hassles and endless arguing as to whether the bleachers are 69m-8cm or 69m-9cm from the track fence
just to have a track that maybe 4% of the community will even halfway play on. Not to mention, I personally don't wanna pay any more than I have to to play on Aston club in the UFR or Kyoto GP in a LX.
Besides, I play Nascar and mods for it (Yes I got the Ring ) Uh Watkins Glen is a fun track (I like the "after" better) But it pales in comparison to Fern Gold
Laguna is kinda fun, But I think the Corkscrew on Aston is much more fun and intense than the one on Laguna.
And yeah, I'm comparing LFS tracks to simulated tracks but still....
the tracks you're suggesting for LFS would only be simulated too.

I dunno, the fantasy angle is one of the main things about LFS that appeals to me. Everything is original and to be honest, I was kinda put off more than enthused about the Beemer F-1. Nothing against BMW. I think they make good cars and all and for them to do that with the F-1 car is totally cool, but I dunno...... It IS a fun gar in the game though

Now a track that was similar to the ring (or [INSERT TRACK NAME HERE] )... or a creation that was influenced by Eric's personal experience with it would more than likely be a way better idea and probably a way better track.
In fact, I think Whoever it is that decides where race tracks should go in the real world should bother Eric about track design. You know like city or municipal governments trying to lure in $$$ and or private investors for speedways... those types of "whoevers"

So, getting back to the point: Not no, but HELL NO!!!!!
Quote from z3r0c00l :Perhaps we should arrange a group buy on the forum, get 2000 people to chip in 20 quid a piece, buy the rights ourselves, and give them to the developers for christmas.

If that could be done...
Count me in, mate.
Nordschleife. Oh yes. I'm ready to pay anything.

pretty plz.
I don't see the attraction of having the Nurgburgring, IMO it wouldn't be used on public servers just because it's so long and the field would be VERY spread out.

What I would like to see though is (when we get karts in LFS) real life kart tracks. Not necessarily the big, well-known ones, but some of the smaller club ones such as Wombwell, Fulbeck, etc (I don't know any tracks in other countries apart from the big ones). This way we avoid the big licensing fees (smaller clubs are likely to ask for smaller amounts of money) and it's still somewhere that people can go drive at in real life.
Quote from Leifde :I don't see the attraction of having the Nurgburgring, IMO it wouldn't be used on public servers just because it's so long and the field would be VERY spread out.

What I would like to see though is (when we get karts in LFS) real life kart tracks. Not necessarily the big, well-known ones, but some of the smaller club ones such as Wombwell, Fulbeck, etc (I don't know any tracks in other countries apart from the big ones). This way we avoid the big licensing fees (smaller clubs are likely to ask for smaller amounts of money) and it's still somewhere that people can go drive at in real life.

The Nürburgring track itself is something what people see more than just a track. It has been said earlier, in many threads, that with 20 cars you won't have close racing but as a race track there is nothing that beats it.

Karts :yawn:. Karts and kart tracks need to have each others. There's really no point to have karts without kart tracks or vice versa. Maybe bigger shifter karts would be more suitable for LFS but still, how popular MRT is? Just another grippy razor blade sharp-edge biting car.
I totally agree with Racer Y's points. The tracks we already have are very original and challenging (in fact I LOBVE every square inch of all the tracks, exept the oval), and I do NOT want to pay more to have tracks that are more or less well copied original ones.
Besides of all that i'm pretty sure that most of you guys who voted FOR a certain track wouldn't pay anything for it. I wouldn't want to pay 45 Euros for S2, and additionally 30 or more for s3, would YOU?

greetz

butz, the anti-addonist
Quote from der butz :I totally agree with Racer Y's points. The tracks we already have are very original and challenging (in fact I LOBVE every square inch of all the tracks, exept the oval), and I do NOT want to pay more to have tracks that are more or less well copied original ones.
Besides of all that i'm pretty sure that most of you guys who voted FOR a certain track wouldn't pay anything for it. I wouldn't want to pay 45 Euros for S2, and additionally 30 or more for s3, would YOU?

greetz

butz, the anti-addonist

We agree to disagree of the "quality" of the current tracks. And I would
In the LFS final, real tracks and real cars will be added for the community...

Like Rfactor for ie.

Regards,
JS
Quote from z3r0c00l :Perhaps we should arrange a group buy on the forum, get 2000 people to chip in 20 quid a piece, buy the rights ourselves, and give them to the developers for christmas.

Or rather: Buy the rights, find some talented track creators in the LFS community, contact the devs for file formats & tools, and give the finished track to the developers for christmas -- 2007, that is.
Quote from Hyperactive :The Nürburgring track itself is something what people see more than just a track. It has been said earlier, in many threads, that with 20 cars you won't have close racing but as a race track there is nothing that beats it.

Karts :yawn:. Karts and kart tracks need to have each others. There's really no point to have karts without kart tracks or vice versa. Maybe bigger shifter karts would be more suitable for LFS but still, how popular MRT is? Just another grippy razor blade sharp-edge biting car.

Gearbox karts and superkarts are the same size as a Snr kart to my knowledge

Gearbox karts and superkarts would be okay on the current crop of tracks. 250 Superkart would be great fun I doubt they'll be implemented for a while since I don't think LFS can simulate kart dynamics.
Quote from jscorrea :In the LFS final, real tracks and real cars will be added for the community...

Like Rfactor for ie.

Regards,
JS

Says who ?
Quote from latch : This lap of Murphy's at the mountain is so good it makes me cry.

That's one of my all time favorite motorsports moments also that lap changed my opinion of murphy forever as I said earlier I'd pay a lot for bathurst
Is that public road (if there isn't a race going on, obviously)? I've seen some videos were everyone is sticking to his side, watching the speed limit and so on...
Quote from bbman :Is that public road (if there isn't a race going on, obviously)? I've seen some videos were everyone is sticking to his side, watching the speed limit and so on...

Yes its a public road when its not race day it's apart of the town of Bathurst Howed you like to live on that street
To be in the first row every race day? Oh yes!
To clean up the mess the fans leave after every race? Not really...
I would pay €20 for Nürburgring! Imagine the online racing/fun you could have! Like in RL!
I'll pay for all of them.

In fact, I'll pay MORE than 20 euros to just have the code for the tracks released so the talented people who have made tracks for the other racing sims (GPL, R-Factor etc) can transfer their tallents to LFS.
Quote from Tony Pearce :I'll pay for all of them.

In fact, I'll pay MORE than 20 euros to just have the code for the tracks released so the talented people who have made tracks for the other racing sims (GPL, R-Factor etc) can transfer their tallents to LFS.

Thread Necromancy!

I'll pay 4 times that amount to keep LFS under tight control.

(hey, how much is a Euro in Canadian?)
I was going to vote 'No', however the Bathurst option in the poll was just too tempting..

I'm generally against LFS having real tracks and cars though. It woulkd just encourage arguments on the forums about the fact that corners aren't right and that the wrong number of blades of grass have been used.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I was going to vote 'No', however the Bathurst option in the poll was just too tempting..

I'm generally against LFS having real tracks and cars though. It woulkd just encourage arguments on the forums about the fact that corners aren't right and that the wrong number of blades of grass have been used.

I guess that's why we have track version updates

Would you pay for a real life track?
(184 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG