The online racing simulator
Sabine Schmitz in GT2 vs Caterham
(26 posts, started )
#1 - herki
Sabine Schmitz in GT2 vs Caterham
http://mania.mafl.net/dmax/dmax.avi

about 135MB, soso quality, german - but featuring Sabine Schmitz in an EDO Competition Porsche GT2 vs. some guy in a Caterham on the Nordschleife...

had to share it with you
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - bbman
Either you're trying to be sarcastic, or you don't have any knowledge of german at all...

They're both being praised as basically street legal racing cars, where the Caterham represents the ideal of light and spartan and the Porsche powerful and with technological gizmos...

Caterham ftw!
#3 - herki
Quote from thisnameistaken :Thanks, great video.

I've translated the narration from the beginning of the video into English below:
---
Helmut will be driving this English car called a Caterham Seven, which is essentially a simple metal bucket with some wheels bolted on. Sabine will be humouring him by following along behind in a beautiful German Porsche Carrera GT2 built to the highest standard of engineering ever seen in the automotive industry. Hahahaha! Stupid English fools with their inferior technology! I would not give that car to my dog! etc.
---

Just some quotes:
At the beginning: "Because the english metal bin is total poo, we decided to give it a head start"
During the race, from Sabine: "If I used full thottle, I'd scare poor Helmut with his rubbish on wheels and would finish hours before him. It'd be no fun"
Either that, or I don't understand german at all
Geez, that was pretty staged. Good watch nevertheless!
-
Blatently obviously staged but still good to watch. Didnt understand a word of it though.
What did sabine say at the end - she seemed to be summing up would be good to know if she said anything interesting?

When the cars are lining up on the line what song is played (the drum beats part) sounds very like a metallica song but im not sure and its annoying me lol.
#6 - bbman
Quote from herki :Just some quotes:
At the beginning: "Because the english metal bin is total poo, we decided to give it a head start"
During the race, from Sabine: "If I used full thottle, I'd scare poor Helmut with his rubbish on wheels and would finish hours before him. It'd be no fun"
Either that, or I don't understand german at all

Have you been another video? Because there is nothing like that in the video I've seen... If you desperately want to be funny, at least make it obvious, but don't confuse those poor souls any more than they already are...

@Kev: There was NOTHING said that the Caterham would be inferior, even though the moderation favored the Porsche... They even underlined the Caterham's ability to be a worthy competitor to the Porsche...

@Greboth: Nope, nothing interesting, just the end to that "sexual dispute"-stage (couldn't they thought of a better theme?)... All the information is in the presentation of the cars or within the racing...
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :(Note for the hard of thinking: The above sentence is a reference to the stereotype that German people don't have a sense of humour.)

i believe bb proved quite well that its actually the austrians and not the germans who dont have a funny bone
Internet. Serious business.
"Vee used ous technological advantage to enzure zat Becky Rose from zer UK vill not be able to view zis video for innexplicable veasons. Vee did zis, because vee are ze technological mazter 'race video' builderz."

There you go, all the stereotypes rolled into one, both the English stereotypical view of a stereotypical German . I can't actually see the video at the moment though I'll try later.
Quote from Becky Rose :"Vee used ous technological advantage to enzure zat Becky Rose from zer UK vill not be able to view zis video for innexplicable veasons. Vee did zis, because vee are ze technological mazter 'race video' builderz."

There you go, all the stereotypes rolled into one, both the English stereotypical view of a stereotypical German . I can't actually see the video at the moment though I'll try later.

Any joy with this link - http://mega-file.net/video/vie ... c3573a9a2f41c6eed9227b0a6

I re-hosted to post on another forum. Not sure if it streams, but the download link works for me.
Quote from Becky Rose :"Vee used ous technological advantage to enzure zat Becky Rose from zer UK vill not be able to view zis video for innexplicable veasons. Vee did zis, because vee are ze technological mazter 'race video' builderz."

hahahaha
#12 - JTbo

Windows mediaplayer played only sound, but with Mediaplayer Classic I was able to see picture too.
I think it was not really a real race, setup came to mind, but quite entertaining and sure they did go real fast, just not racing fast, if that makes any sense.
Zank you very much, I av votched it on my Mac uzing ze You Tube link at it vorks pervectly. Alzough ze telephone rang ven ze lap vos finishing unt I missed ze ending, obviously zis vos due in full to a lack of efficienzy.
Real results :

Recently, Autocar magazine performed a test in Nurburgring track with this car against Porsche new 911 Carrera (300hp), Ruf 911 CTR2 (520hp) and Nissan Skyline GTR (280hp, 4wd, 4ws), the lap time is amazingly found as follows :
  1. Caterham Superlight R .......... 8 min 6.2 sec
  2. Ruf 911 CTR2 ....................... 8 min 15.0 sec
  3. Nissan Skyline GTR .............. 8 min 28.1 sec
  4. Porsche 911 Carrera ............. 8 min 38.4 sec
Benefited by the light weight and superbly balanced chassis, the Superlight R ran considerably faster than others in bends, although it lost a lot of time in fighting with drag in straights. Road tester found it handles very much better than others, it is virtually a racing car.
Nurburgring is usually regarded as the best place to test a car's real world performance - it has high speed straights as well as a hundred bends with different speeds. The Superlight R broke the track record for non-modified road car, so, maybe we can call it "the fastest car in the world". Hard to accept ? Ferrari F50, McLaren F1, Nismo Skyline 400R and Porsche 911 GT1 (this is really a racing car!) might be faster, but until they are tested in Nurburgring, the Caterham still remains to be the King.
Quote from Becky Rose :Zank you very much, I av votched it on my Mac uzing ze You Tube link at it vorks pervectly. Alzough ze telephone rang ven ze lap vos finishing unt I missed ze ending, obviously zis vos due in full to a lack of efficienzy.

hmm babelfish says "unknown error ".
Maybe it is english for runaways.
please blame it on my age, and that im due a mid life crisis........but i find sabrine so very sexy!
perhaps its the "woman and powerful car" thing.........im not saying women shouldnt drive cars like that at all. fair play to her, she is an excellent driver...and bloody gorgeous to boot!

puff, puff, pant.........lust over!!!!
#18 - JTbo
Quote from mr grady :please blame it on my age, and that im due a mid life crisis........but i find sabrine so very sexy!
perhaps its the "woman and powerful car" thing.........im not saying women shouldnt drive cars like that at all. fair play to her, she is an excellent driver...and bloody gorgeous to boot!

puff, puff, pant.........lust over!!!!

Well, she has sense of humour (really, she is very funny), she has self confidence (only ~1% of womans seem to have this), she is in good shape, she can drive and likes cars. If you would not find her sexy you would be not man at all so I would say that is just very healthy reaction

I respect her very much, because she just is what she is (self confidence you know) and does what she likes and has taken place on world where there still is only few womens and possibilites are much less for them that I find very sad, but with womans like Sabine this is to be changed in future.
#19 - AJS
She looks a bit like Heidi Klum me thinks ...

Funny bit is when she says the sequential gearbox in the GT2 is a POS...
I would marry her anyday.. just like Vicki from Fifth Gear..
Girls who likes cars.. what's sexier than that..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Girls who likes cars.. what's sexier than that..

girls who like cars that arent blonde (the girls not the cars)

This girl loves cars
I she even a she?
Quote from Becky Rose :Zank you very much, I av votched it on my Mac uzing ze You Tube link at it vorks pervectly. Alzough ze telephone rang ven ze lap vos finishing unt I missed ze ending, obviously zis vos due in full to a lack of efficienzy.

oh you are so bloody naaaaasty. aren't you?

Quote from Boris Lozac :I would marry her anyday.. just like Vicki from Fifth Gear..
Girls who likes cars.. what's sexier than that..

Vicki! Nooooo!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG