The online racing simulator
Fatigue and Failure
(13 posts, started )
Fatigue and Failure
Have random engine failures and car fatigue and driver fatigue.

make the driver start to have slower reactions after a long race.

and if u hammer the suspension it bends or even breaks.

and the random engine failures would be cool
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#2 - Davo
No because my driver shouldn't fatigue unless I'm fatigued and if I'm faitgued then my driver is fatigued because I'm driving, get it?

Random engine failures would also suck, no one would want to race enduros since there's a chance of engine failure unless it was 1 in a million.

Normal engine damage from overreving etc would be good. There's already suspension damage
Car fatigue? Please explain

Driver fatigue: don't see why you need this (or how you'd implement it) - if you play long enough, you'll get tired naturally and your reaction time will suffer anyway But then I don't really understand what you're getting at anyway...

Suspension damage: already exists, but certainly could use some refining :up: At the moment you can't see your suspension breaking as you've described, but you can feel the effects of it. A few people have mentioned this.

I don't think random engine failures would be cool at all - they'd be really bloody annoying actually, unless they happened to the AI or the ONE person who insists on driving the ****ing BF1 when everyone else is in GTRs
well i worded that wrong

i guess when u mention it, driver fatigue was stupid.

but engine failure if u ran it hard would be cool..

say ur just hammering your engine and it just blows and puts oil and smoke everywhere...

u cant say that wouldnt be cool..

and car fatigue would be like ur car falling apart with too much stress

and realistic damage wouldnt hurt.
Yeah, proper human-induced engine failure would be good. A nice big bang, maybe a fireball. Even dear ol' GPL has your engine engulfed in flames No to random exploding though - it would be too much like driving a 2006 Williams Cosworth.

Improved damage is coming. S2's still an alpha, plenty of stuff on the to-do list :up:
Quote from Falcon140 :

make the driver start to have slower reactions after a long race.

obviously, you havent been on any long races in lfs there's no need to program it in.
#7 - Woz
Quote from Gabkicks :obviously, you havent been on any long races in lfs there's no need to program it in.

I know what you mean Last time I took part in a 35 lap gtr race on Westhill and it was a killer. I lost focus 20laps in and mashed my car
I'd love GPL style engine damage, it'd definitely stop people shifting without lifting.

As for driver fatigue, last time I did an hour long race my arm was KILLING me (I use a joystick).
#9 - Renku
Quote from Falcon140 :Have random engine failures...

"-1" and we actually have it, in the sence of "Lost connection to host"

Quote from Falcon140 :...and car fatigue...

what is it, but just in case "-1"

Quote from Falcon140 :...and driver fatigue.

"-1" I've done many 2h races, didn't feel a thing. Stupid suggestion, cos it already exists.
#10 - Vain
We already have random breakdowns.
It's called ping time-out.

I don't need any more random breakdowns than that.

Vain
#11 - Tube
take part in the next 24h race, drive 9 hours and most of the night stints, THEN rephrase your "driver fatigue" suggestion.
Quote from Falcon140 :make the driver start to have slower reactions after a long race.

Take part in an endurance event, and when you have been racing for two hours come and tell if driver fatigue needs to be implemented

EDIT: Ooops, didn't read Tube's post
Or if your cooler is full of dust, it will heat up and break down

Anyway, shouldnt that curved damage rotate with the wheel? Cause steering wheel shacking and car unstable?

dear Santa, please make my sentences more logical...

Fatigue and Failure
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG