The online racing simulator
short q regarding camber
(5 posts, started )
short q regarding camber
hi,
I'm quite a noob at all the setup stuff so please bear with me...

reducing ride height obviously increases negative live camber so i sometimes have to use positive static camber to compensate. now i was just wondering whether that may have any drawbacks and if there's a better way to compensate for it?

thanks in advance
It depends largely on the suspension geometry. A particular geometry will have a characteristic camber change profile throughout its movement, and the ideal ride-height and roll stiffness combination will match up with that to provide the best live camber it can during roll.
If you move the ride height a long way from the ideal position, the the camber change during roll will be different and may well be giving away the little bit of extra grip you got from lowering the COG.
Don't get confused between live camber and camber adjust. I very much doubt you'd ever need to have positive static live camber to get your temperature/wear correct.
#4 - Vain
That may be caused by your driving habbits. You said you like rather soft setups. That means you propably have a higher ride height than those "let's scratch the dirt from the track"-cars. I drove some setups with positive camber setting but far negative live camber where still some more positive camber would have improved the tyre-temps.

So my conclusion:
Use any camber-setting you need to get the live-camber right.

Vain
thanks!

short q regarding camber
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG