The online racing simulator
Master server down?
(24 posts, started )
Master server down?
Hi! I wanted to ask if the master server is down because I cant connect
Its up. Its worth checking LFSWorld, if you're unsure.
No problems here...
Yeah, I've asked about and I can see players online but I still cant connect . I've checked my Firewall settings and its allowed. Any ideas? Plz be quick because I've got a league race. Thanks!
Yesterday night i had the same problem, but it got fixed.
can some1 check or tell me at least that I might've been banned from LFS or something because I want to know a reason. I cant think of any reason for getting banned from LFS tbh but I dunno so can some1 tell me?
I dont think u r banned.
#8 - Jakg
Are you SURE it isn't a firewall? Checked the router? Tried re-installing LFS?
I'll reinstall LFS but can some1 tell me if I'll lose my skins, skins_x, mprs, sprs and settings or will they stay after I reextract LFS?
Quote from Leprekaun :I'll reinstall LFS but can some1 tell me if I'll lose my skins, skins_x, mprs, sprs and settings or will they stay after I reextract LFS?

Just copy them into the new lfs

Oh but dont delete the old lfs folder
Well you could just copy over the new folder, what exists, gets overwritten, so skins and stuff stays.
#12 - Davo
Can you still connect to the server using join2lfs or BFS? I never use the ingame server browser as I find it takes ages to ping all the servers and the filters aren;t as good as BFS. Give BFS a go, you should be able tp connect with the master then. If not it could be your ISP blocking ports or throttling them down to a stand still.
hey guys, He's Playing LFS Now, He's thankfull for your help and forgot to post.

Was his network settings.
Ohh ok franky500
Hey i cant connect! since yesterday night!! whats wrong
Quote from Blas89 :Hey i cant connect! since yesterday night!! whats wrong

Local firewall?
ISP level firewall?
Do your ISP have any reported problems? You can find these on their website usually.
How far does "tracert master.liveforspeed.net" get you (if you get within the blueyonder network, then thats good)? Does it not resolve at all? If it does, what does it resolve to?
it says, "no reply from the master server" and anothers i dont have any firewall but i think that is my internet getting crazy, cuz msn does disconnect too.
I can't connect either. tracert goes all the way to blueyonder and ISP's firewall shouldn't block LFS. Tried even restarting windows . Could re-installing LFS help?

EDIT: Friend in same town with same ISP had no problems in connecting. Must be something at my end then. /me starts downloading LFS
EDIT2: Works fine after re-install and server list loads much faster than it did before.
EDIT3:After installing U30 test patch it won't connect to master server anymore... U20 seems to be working.
Well now i can connect but if it go crazy again i'll have to download the game again.
i'm getting teh same problem, i played LFS a longgg time ago, and it all worked fine, checked port redirections, checked isp etc.

just gonna restart router/pc now and see if that does anything.

btw running tracert now, very very strange... hop 1-4 request timing out, 5 gets 150 ping from an ntl.com, and then rest time out again. i'll look into it a bit further.

any further help would be awesome though
I restarted the modem... and Damn! my internet conection goes 4times faster than it was dunno what i have done lol
#22 - SamH
hehe! Always consider restarting your modem/router/both! It's amazing the difference it can make
wasn't my router, i disabled my firewall proggie on startup using msconfig, and the actually firewall was still running, just not the software, so i just uninstalled it working now
Quote from Artanix :wasn't my router, i disabled my firewall proggie on startup using msconfig, and the actually firewall was still running, just not the software, so i just uninstalled it working now

Cool

Master server down?
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG