The online racing simulator
run LFS at 1650x1250 possible?
title. is it possible, i have a 20.1" widescreen LCD but i have to run LFS at 1280x1024 and it looks choopy because the image is streched
So long as you can set your windows desktop resolution to that resolution, you should also be able to set LFS to that resolution.

Although 1650x1250 is a really weird resolution, and certainly not widescreen. Did you mean 1600x900 (16:9)?
yes you can the res should be available in the resolution menu
lfs automatically sets its ar to the appropriate one for the chosen resolution
#4 - (SaM)
Quote from vaderpapp :title. is it possible, i have a 20.1" widescreen LCD but i have to run LFS at 1280x1024 and it looks choopy because the image is streched

There used to be an option in LFS called Show non-square modes in the Screen menu, this would allow you to choose any resolution your monitor supports, not just the standard ones. But yes, I'm afraid it has disappeared, anyone know why?
Quote from (SaM) :But yes, I'm afraid it has disappeared, anyone know why?

iirc on my 16:10 monitor i had an option "show all resolutions" but even with that off i could choose between a whole bunch of resolutions including widescreen ones
It would be nice if you could filter LFS to display on resolutions with an aspect ratio that matched your monitor. I'm sure I've mentioned that before too. Ho hum, we can keep bringing it up.
Quote from Bob Smith :It would be nice if you could filter LFS to display on resolutions with an aspect ratio that matched your monitor. I'm sure I've mentioned that before too. Ho hum, we can keep bringing it up.

whats the point ? nobody spends more than maybe 10 seconds in the resolution menu anyway ... well unless his pc cant cope with the max res of his monitor
#8 - (SaM)
I think the option has disappeared and now all resolutions are shown, that explains it.

vaderpapp, are you sure you have installed the driver for your monitor? Or at least does Windows recognize your monitor?
You can check that by going to Display Properties, click the Settings tab > Advanced > Monitor. If it says something like the default monitor, there's your problem, Windows will then only allow standard resolutions.

(The names could be different as I use a Dutch version of Windows.)
Quote from (SaM) :I think the option has disappeared and now all resolutions are shown, that explains it.

vaderpapp, are you sure you have installed the driver for your monitor? Or at least does Windows recognize your monitor?
You can check that by going to Display Properties, click the Settings tab > Advanced > Monitor. If it says something like the default monitor, there's your problem, Windows will then only allow standard resolutions.

(The names could be different as I use a Dutch version of Windows.)

it says plug and play monitor.
Quote from vaderpapp :it says plug and play monitor.

in that case you must download drivers for your monitor

edit:
actually not necessarily
you wont have to if you can run windows in the resolution you want to use in lfs
You can also simply write the resolution you want in the config file.
#12 - Davo
I use 1680x1050 no problem which is the resolution of most widescreen LCDs 20" and 22". Make sure you have a good graphics card though because it really takes a beating at that res with a lot of racers on the track.
If you have a 20.1" it's probably 1680x1050 as said before. My XP just detected this resolution and in LfS it also appeared so I can play at this resolution. If you want to play in 1280x1024 don't forget to change the setting in your videocard so the image won't stretch (depends on videocard).
One more user for 1600x1050 resolution, i use my laptop and it has 17" widescreen monitor. Resolution works just fine, no problem here.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG