The online racing simulator
Lx8
(479 posts, started )
Lx8
I was reading about the cars in lfs and it said there was a "lx8" and it was canned. can some1 give me a pic of it and tell me why it was canned?

thx
It was canned and replaced by the UF GTR. In a nutshell, it was declared to difficult to drive and there were already to many RWD cars added to S2 (as if!!). Personally I would have loved to have the chance to decide that for myself - I wanted that car more than anything in S2, from the moment I saw it's first screenie.

Who could not love trying to tame a topless light-weight vehicle, V8 powered, no downforce, and with fat slicks??

This is the thread about it in the old RSC LFS forum

ARGH Link not working!!.. ok ignore, it's fine now.
Imho i'd like to see the LX8 in S2 full. We got road cars and their racing (GTR) versions, only the LX cars don't have their GTR version.
CHIN CHAW!!! REMOVE YOUR SIGNATURE LINK! NOW

People: DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK (SHOCKING)
argh, saying that just begs us to click on it...

big red button saying "dont push me", what do u do?

pls remove before i click it
#6 - gloom
I already reported the sig to the mods, really don`t need such sick bs here.
That was the first thing I did
Quote from Nevermore :(SHOCKING)

The only thing that's shocking, is the size of your text. :rolleyes:
too late...

trust me dont click it
Quote from Nevermore :CHIN CHAW!!! REMOVE YOUR SIGNATURE LINK! NOW

People: DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK (SHOCKING)

lol did u know he died? if u ask me he deserved to die standing in the middle of the freakin road

Heres a pic of it that i found
lol, you have to admit it is moderately amusing though?? :P
Quote from snewham :lol, you have to admit it is moderately amusing though?? :P

Yes, if you think certain death is amusing
Quote from Rotary : In a nutshell, it was declared to difficult to drive and there were already to many RWD cars added to S2 (as if!!).

no, the official explanation was, that the LX8 would have been its own class without competition, so they introduced the UFR as a competitor for the XFR.

That it's too difficult to drive may be the real reason though.

Quote from snewham :lol, you have to admit it is moderately amusing though?? :P

what the ****? illepall

putting that link in a sig is one thing, but to find it amusing is just dumb...
i doubt he died, just very badly broken legs and shock, he didnt hit his head on the car or anything.

but we shouldnt have to see that on lfs forum me thinks...
I've seen that before (and worse unfortunately), certainly not something appropriate for here and should be removed.

Finding it amusing is somewhat distrubing, do people really put so little value in others lives? Funny if the situation was reversed...

I believe your right ayrton, from memory, I think he did only suffer broken legs.

On Topic:

@ inCogNito: Oh yeah I remember now. Those reasons I stated are what some people believed to be the real ones
Sorry what was the topic again?

It's a shame about the LX8, especially considering how horrible the XF/UF GTR handle.

Probably be the first thing I do when LFSTweakS2 is launched.
Quote from Bob Smith :
It's a shame about the LX8, especially considering how horrible the XF/UF GTR handle.

I think UFR is a great car, and would be even more if we'd have rally-cross tyres for it... (I know there's a mod for it...)
But I just can't understand why there couldn't be both, UFR and LX8, giving us 11 cars in S2 except that they wouldn't be correctly lined up in Content-page.
I wasn't a big fan of lx's, until you Bob made those easy race-setups, now I actuelly enjoy driving'em.
chin chaw: I edited your signature because it violates the LFS Forum Agreement (part 3).
If you want to change it to another, you can do so, but please keep it within the forum rules.
I really would like to see LX8 remaked, before it was canceled it just looked same as LX6 (what could have been one reason to cancel it), it only had bigger engine, slicks and exhaust pipes on both sides. Why not put the driver in the midle, bigger roll cage, and do something to the headlights so they would look like more aerodynamic and above all make it look more like a racer... It would have been a mad car thought, I wonder what was the horsepower/1000kg
Incognito, your avatar is amuzing, lol.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i doubt he died, just very badly broken legs and shock, he didnt hit his head on the car or anything.

but we shouldnt have to see that on lfs forum me thinks...

He DID die
what happened?
The LX8 got dropped from S2, and we was discussing where pictures of it could be found.

Move along People, Nothing to see around here

Lx8
(479 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG