The online racing simulator
Country Flag
(27 posts, started )
Country Flag
hey, what about adding the country flags to each name, so people don't have to colour their name which is sometimes not possible due to team-colors anyway.
this needs not much space, and could led to more/better communication between the drivers because they know: ah this guy talks e.g. spanisch, like i do.

wouldn't be that much of a hassle to implement i think...
i dont think we need it floating above the cars, but having it on the window/or side of the car would be nice.
yea, that is what i mean, i don't drive with driver names on, so i did not think about it. if it is in the list, it is enough imo
+1, very good idea in the connections list!
Maybe Connection List & Windows?
But we need a Option for the Openwheelers then, either a place choosed by the Devs or nothing, like theres no Plate at the BF1.

+1
Not on the cars. It's part of most drivers skins and that's where it should be - but on the position / connection list it's a great idea. Maybe even passed in text too like [wal] injecting a proper national flag, and the system could even go further later on and include smilies <--like that.

Anyway, +1.
+1

Not floating above the cars, but in window (like Rally) and next to name in open wheel and in the players list
#8 - aoun
-1. Racism..

I got called a terrorist on a server today for being a certian nationality (im not 100% australian).. Imagian a japanese driver making a mistake and the comments the person would get..
I dont think fear of racism needs to be a driving factor in the development of LFS. Racism occurrs in this world, and i'm sure racist people are on LFS, but they are a minority and hopefully they feel a minority when they make their biggotted comments and everyone jumps on them for it. Ironic really, that a racist would be a minority, but that's the way the UK at least has gone and I think it's a better place for it.

PS: How many racist flamewars occur on the forums, where the same flags are shown.?
Racism in LFS? You must've found the shittiest server, ever
Quote from Becky Rose :Not on the cars. It's part of most drivers skins and that's where it should be - but on the position / connection list it's a great idea. Maybe even passed in text too like [wal] injecting a proper national flag, and the system could even go further later on and include smilies <--like that.

Anyway, +1.

In general, i agree, but its just a cute tiny flag. (So you can skin the windows as well already or do you mean just the OW?) Maybe there is a place where it could been put (right (or left ) beside the plate space f.E.) but if not, who cares . Btw, I´d like to have a plate for the BF1 as well like there is on the FOX & FO8.
#12 - aoun
Nah didnt really bother me, i did nothing wrong.. meh ive always said you gotta take abit of racism.. and no, it was a really really really good Australian server (ProRacingRoom). mehh i like the suggestion, but theres some out there who are rude..

Edit, also agree with plaz.. i want number plates!! .
so youd shut up if some of these idiots say, dont talk? (after re-reading, it is maybe a bad example, but you know my point dont you? ) illepall Naah mate, dont let the Idiots rule the World, rule the Idiots
-1 to a floating flag. I remove all names and stuff when I'm racing anyway, to add to the realism.

+1 to connection list flag (again)
+1 to small flag on car too.

I put my flag on most of my skins (as Becky said) but obviously the smaller the image the more detail you lose when resizing and optimising the skin. If the LFSW server had all nations flags stored and only had to apply an image to a space on the car, that'd be cool. Could appear next to the name on the number plate, so that it wouldn't be blocking that much of a skin.

So like:
>< DAJMIN

That'd be alright, no?
#15 - aoun
I like the number plate idea .
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
but maybe you give us a +1 if theres a option to turn it off ok ? I dont care as well where people are from but there are some cases where it could be also important instead of beeing just another information feature.
To figure out why someone is laggy, also if he is not able to speak the mother language or english (in my case for example) you could try to communicate with him way quicker without checking LFSW first.

Just a thought...
Quote :Btw, I´d like to have a plate for the BF1 as well like there is on the FOX & FO8.

I hate the FOX/FO8 plate because it means I have to edit my number plate to be blank so it doesn't interfere with my skin. It's stupid inclusion, in my book, and as i'm always right (according to me) I say we should do the opposite !
#18 - aoun
100% agree with Plaz on his latest post. It really helps. In rooms where they kick players for lagging, they ask where you from etc to see what the lag could be from. Seeing the flag will instantly tell you .
Well, id say we "need" equality here, either plates for every OW vehicle or none at all Or maybe another button behind the plate in the options/player menu. draw/ no draw f.E. :P
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Well close to it, instead of kicking him for bad lag, youre able to see that he is from the other side of the ocean or something like that and then you could ask him, or tell him that he should change the server that is more closer to his country instead of presupposing that he is downloading or simular stuff. That would not only be an advantage for the server but also for him.
good idea
+1, but... i suggested it a LONG time ago .. owell
Quote from pwrguido :+1

Not floating above the cars, but in window (like Rally) and next to name in open wheel and in the players list

100 % agree...
#24 - Lato
+1 the oldest wish ever

its already on LFS forum since independence, why cant we have this inside the game yet?
+1 i like the idea.

About racism.. yeah, some people from usa call me beaner, introuder, they are just anoying and they get me really mad. (not everyone does)

Country Flag
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG