The online racing simulator
LFS Pixelcars
(75 posts, started )
LFS Pixelcars
By any chance are there any pixel car templates for the LFS cars?
#2 - ZORER
what do you mean by pixel cars?
I think he means this: Piccy
#5 - Nard
Why has pixel drawing become so popular?
Quote from Nard :Why has pixel drawing become so popular?

It's like drifting, nobody understands that either
Quote from sgt.flippy :It's like drifting, nobody understands that either

LMAO!

IIRC grey fox off master skinnerz had a pixel xfr but i dont know of any others.
Someone around here had a pixelart FXR - IIRC it's AndroidVista ... oh, my mistake, AndroidXP

I love pixelart, really takes me back to the glorious 1990s
#9 - S0ul
Quote from Hankstar :it's AndroidVista ... oh, my mistake, AndroidXP

Ouch,it took me around one minute to get that one XD
Pixel art has nothing to do with drifting.

Pixel art has been there since computer games started, and now is a kind of retro thing. You have high resolution pixel things that look great but they have that retro VGA look

I think it's great.
#12 - Nard
Quote from Eldanor :Pixel art has nothing to do with drifting.

Pixel art has been there since computer games started, and now is a kind of retro thing. You have high resolution pixel things that look great but they have that retro VGA look

I think it's great.

Yeah, one of my friends is a graphic designer, and his trip is to make pictures using as few different colors as possible. He made a mayan pyramid (an isometric view of maybe 200x200pix) with only 6 different pantone colors...

I'm like, yeah, I understand the challenge, but geez, it's kind of stretching it pretty thin
Blimey, I remember doing pixelart in the school "IT" department on an RM Nimbus........that was nearly 20 years ago LMAO
#14 - JJ72
the first graphic programme that I ever use in my life is something called imagine XXX, i can't really recall what the name is now, it was way back...at least 16 years ago, and all you can draw is basic shapes and pixels, 256 color is maximum, I have drawn the entire justice league lineup, each character is no taller than 20pixels. that got me very addicted.
What? Where? What happened?
Quote from JJ72 :the first graphic programme that I ever use in my life is something called imagine XXX, i can't really recall what the name is now, it was way back...at least 16 years ago, and all you can draw is basic shapes and pixels, 256 color is maximum, I have drawn the entire justice league lineup, each character is no taller than 20pixels. that got me very addicted.

Yeah that got me into graphics too. Not that particular program, but I did a huge pixelated Lamborghini Countach when I was really little. Relatives of mine saw what I did, and it was pretty damned accurate... so I kind of continued on with that and just love doing graphics on the PC now. Pixel art is not easy sometimes, but it is fun and easy to manipulate and change things... it just gets to be a painstaking process of moving things around. There are some really good pixel artists out there, and I'd really like to see them give the LFS cars a shot .
#17 - JJ72
Oh yes another thing about pixel art....I've always associate my interest in Lego with pixel art..when you have to turn a complex 3D object into a number of grid/blocks, you have to make a lot of choices and some of them ain't all that obvious, it's all about finding alternative way to describe what technically can't be reproduced,the difference in one pixel might give very different impression, pixel art is a very good foundation on a 2D level, and Lego is a step up, I'm a huge fan of the old school lego blocks, and build very traditionally - from the ground up. It's very abstract as very often I have to use a single block to represent something complex, like piston block, a brake duct, however that's where the fun is, it challenges your imagination on the possibility of a single block.
#18 - J.B.
So what is a pixelcar template?
#21 - Smax
heres an idea; take screenshots from the CMX viewer; and then resize it to however small, and then take it down to however many colors and you might be able to get some results (and then improve upon that of course)

that one of the GTi looks to round though on the top, cool nonetheless
tbh, that XFG looks like a FIAT Punto (especially the rear)
but about 100000000 times better than i could do
#25 - Nard
Omg, XCNuse, the idea of pixelcars is to make the drawing pixel by pixel without a stencil of any kind. It's all about talent at reproducing something drawing it pixel by pixel

LFS Pixelcars
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG