The online racing simulator
logitech g25 wont recognise reverse gear
Hey, i got my g25 today. weeee I've got one problem, it doesnt find reverse. when i gear to sixth, its number 13 in the settings, and when i push down the stick to go to reverse, its number 13 too. What should i do? I've tried pushing it down alottttt.
get the stick into neutral, then push down and put the stick into 6th, it should now be reverse gear (Forgot the number though but should be different)
Quote from Thorvertonian :get the stick into neutral, then push down and put the stick into 6th, it should now be reverse gear (Forgot the number though but should be different)

i do that all the time. its the same number for 6th and reverse. thats my problem :/
Not good.

You could try taking off the material between the plastic unit and the gear knob and double checking that you're getting the shifter into the bottom slot.
#5 - Teme1
Same problem with my shifter illepall
Quote from Bob Smith :Not good.

You could try taking off the material between the plastic unit and the gear knob and double checking that you're getting the shifter into the bottom slot.

gosh, i have to open it? hmm..okay, i'll give it a shot
#7 - SatCP
I've seen more reports about this issue. I don't think this is a user error. It's probably the small PCB at the end of the shifter shaft not being mounted properly. Or maybe the reverse gear slot isn't cut out properly, although that's unlikely with the used plate stamping process.

If you put the shifter in reverse and then gently push it back to neutral, do you see/feel it popup? It should raise about 1 cm. If it doesn't, you're in the 6th gear slot. If it does, you're in the proper slot but apparantly something isn't working right. Since you're apparantly not feeling fine with opening the thing, just return it for a replament.
yeah, i feel it goes into a slot under 6th gear.
This kind of stuff really puts me off buying a G25. I don't expect to pay £150 for kit that has issues. For that money the product should be perfect IMO
Quote from Gentlefoot :This kind of stuff really puts me off buying a G25. I don't expect to pay £150 for kit that has issues. For that money the product should be perfect IMO

Keep in mind that if every LFSser you has bought the G25 posted here, we would have 500+ posts in this thread. Mostly positive. To me these posts tell more about the high expectations than low quality. Perfect for 300€? You must be kidding
Quote from Hyperactive :Keep in mind that if every LFSser you has bought the G25 posted here, we would have 500+ posts in this thread. Mostly positive. To me these posts tell more about the high expectations than low quality. Perfect for 300€? You must be kidding

Fair point but I am simply not prepared to spend the money to have a product that is just going to annoy me. My MOMO Black has been fine for a year so I shall stick with it. Even though the lack of rotation is a major drawback.

Is there a quality alternative to the G25?
Quote from Gentlefoot :Fair point but I am simply not prepared to spend the money to have a product that is just going to annoy me. My MOMO Black has been fine for a year so I shall stick with it. Even though the lack of rotation is a major drawback.

Is there a quality alternative to the G25?

No.

Unless you are willing to pay premium, as in thousand(s) €...

Wait, you are annoyed by imperfect products but you still gladly paid and stuck with your Momo with imperfect wheel rotation?
Quote from spankmeyer :No.

Unless you are willing to pay premium, as in thousand(s) €...

Wait, you are annoyed by imperfect products but you still gladly paid and stuck with your Momo with imperfect wheel rotation?

I said that the G25 should be perfect for £150 i.e. it should do exactly what it says on the tin. I didn't say imperfect products annoy me.

The rotation of the MOMO is fine because I knew that when I bought it. The G25 product information on the other hand does not state that reverse gear may not work and that it makes a lot of noise when rotating.
Quote from Gentlefoot :That's fine because I knew that when I bought it. The G25 product information on the other hand does not state that reverse gear may not work and that it makes a lot of noise when rotating.

The reverse gear error and the noise problem are faults in the product. They are and can be good reasons for refund. And you can check the noise in some stores that have put the G25 for testing. It's all about choises. The 300€ is fraction of the costs of anything higher. The G25 is as high quality wheel as the BMW M3 is a super car. The ECCIs and BRDs are the Ferraris and Lamborghinis, not the Logitechs and Microsofts
Quote from Hyperactive :The reverse gear error and the noise problem are faults in the product. They are and can be good reasons for refund. And you can check the noise in some stores that have put the G25 for testing. It's all about choises. The 300€ is fraction of the costs of anything higher. The G25 is as high quality wheel as the BMW M3 is a super car. The ECCIs and BRDs are the Ferraris and Lamborghinis, not the Logitechs and Microsofts

Do you work for Logitech or something?

Sure I could buy the product, wait for it to be delivered, set it up, fail to engage reverse gear, contact Logitech, send it back, wait for the replacement etc etc. That is precisely the kind of messing about I can do without and exactly what I am worried about. In my opinion (and I understand other peoples differ) I should not have to go through this after paying what IS a top-end price for a product.
It isn't a top end price (Although it is expensive, yes!)

And far more poeple are happy and had no problems with their wheels, but you don't hear from them as they are too busy racing to type any messgaes, you only hear the negative things!

In short, any new product has major drawbacks if you listen to the bad publicity, look at the Xbox360, people moaning about disc scratches and overheating, but it was on a low scale (less that 3% total AFAIK), but it the same as the G25, it's worth the money!!!!
Eh?

You could add one zero to G25's price and people at ECCI and BRD would probably giggle behind your back if you asked for 3-pedal-set, FFB wheel with 900 degree rotation and H-shifter.
Well, I love my G25. Everytime I use it I'm amazed how great it is in every way. Not had a single problem with it.

Sure, it's lunged at me, and tried to remove flesh, but that just shows how good the motors are, and how quick the self-countersteering is. It also shows how much my fingers flail around (without my noticing) whilst catching a slide in an LX6 at 100mph.

A few people might have had a problem or two. But then a few people have a problem with a 3-Series BMW, or Landcruisers, or electrical tin-openers or telephone systems or shoes or.......
Quote from Gentlefoot :Do you work for Logitech or something?

Sure I could buy the product, wait for it to be delivered, set it up, fail to engage reverse gear, contact Logitech, send it back, wait for the replacement etc etc. That is precisely the kind of messing about I can do without and exactly what I am worried about. In my opinion (and I understand other peoples differ) I should not have to go through this after paying what IS a top-end price for a product.

The G25 is meant for people who enjoy racing games and are willing to pay slightly more than the average people to get something what they consider top-of-the-line. G25 may be a good product or not, I cannot comment on that. But if you are really looking for a perfect wheel, you are looking in the wrong price range.

And the Logitech seems to be doing good job on the support side of things so why to worry? If you get a bad product you return it. For HQ stuff you have 2 options. Buy 1000€+ equipment or try make some by yourself. Getting to the G25 level is not a tough job but getting to the ECCI level is.

EDIT: In sim racing equipment the line dividing the average and high quality products is so obvious that I won't even bother explain it. Let's just say that the ALL microsofts and Logitechs are in one group and the ECCIs, BRDs and TCannons are in the other
Quote from spankmeyer :Eh?

You could add one zero to G25's price and people at ECCI and BRD would probably giggle behind your back if you asked for 3-pedal-set, FFB wheel with 900 degree rotation and H-shifter.

So what you are saying is because there are more expensive wheels the G25 price isn't top-end. Interesting logic - so a Porsche 996 isn't a top-end car because the Bugatti Veyron is available and is much more expensive.
There is a big difference betweek high-end and top-end
Quote from Hyperactive :The G25 is meant for people who enjoy racing games and are willing to pay slightly more than the average people to get something what they consider top-of-the-line. G25 may be a good product or not, I cannot comment on that. But if you are really looking for a perfect wheel, you are looking in the wrong price range.

And the Logitech seems to be doing good job on the support side of things so why to worry? If you get a bad product you return it. For HQ stuff you have 2 options. Buy 1000€+ equipment or try make some by yourself. Getting to the G25 level is not a tough job but getting to the ECCI level is.

I am not looking for a perfect wheel I just expect the G25 to do exactly would the product literature says it should do perfectly. I do not feel that I should have to send back a wheel before I get one that does what Logitech states it will do. Is this somehow unreasonable?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG