The online racing simulator
http://user.personal.fi/private/kompa/g25/

Pics of the shifter provided by skstibi and Bob Smith, thanks and hope you don't mind.

So what would be the best way to mod it? Just remove the leather and add a custom H-gate, which would probably be enough to add some grunt to the noise and possibly some additional resistance as well. In order to do that the plastics have to be carved away from left & right sides, correct?
Quote from kompa :http://user.personal.fi/private/kompa/g25/

Pics of the shifter provided by mr. x and Bob Smith, thanks and hope you don't mind.

So what would be the best way to mod it? Just remove the leather and add a custom H-gate, which would probably be enough to add some grunt to the noise and possibly some additional resistance as well. In order to do that the plastics have to be carved away from left & right sides, correct?

Hey! Those first 6 pictures are mine, check yer Messages. It will show me to be the source of those pictures. You can use them just try giving credit to the right person . Lucky I did not do any modding because I had to send the wheel back. Well, the new one arrives either tomorrow or the next day.

If ya can't figure out how to get the shifter knob off, that top silver piece comes off and there is a Screw in there. Requires a #2 Phillips screw driver to remove. from there, just pull up. The boot slides right off after that.
I am searching for a different shifter knob to use.
Quote from skstibi :Hey! Those first 6 pictures are mine, check yer Messages. It will show me to be the source of those pictures. You can use them just try giving credit to the right person . Lucky I did not do any modding because I had to send the wheel back.

Sorry, I left your name out because I wasn't sure you'd want it there or not, edited!

Quote from Bob Smith :I don't mind at all, but why would you need to duplicate the photos from this thread onto a server in the first place?

Well I thought I'd collect all G25 related pics there just to be sure. Anything can happen and so on...
Heh. Stuff like that happens to all of us Just a matter of getting things sorted out
Right then - how much do you think i could get for a Rev. A Momo and a set of ACT Labs Pedals? I am going to be getting a G25 (hopefully) if i can afford it!
-
(Mischief007) DELETED by Mischief007 : wrong thread
Thought you might like an update on my G25:

Yup, its on its way back to Gameseek, after it stopped recognising 1st & 2nd. Hopefully they'll have a quick turnaround, my desk look so empty without it..
Not good news.
There was a couple of niggling problems with that one to be honest, glad in a way it went faulty in the end. The cap on the gearknob never seated itself just right, the wheel had a couple of bad stitches, the right paddle cut my finger twice, it was loud turning left - and the unit vibrated badly enough I didn't bother drifting the last couple of days because it was too loud to countersteer against the car. Hopefully the next one won't be so ill fated.

Gameseek reckon they'll have a new one out within 48hrs if they deem it faulty so should be sorted in a few days. Feeling withdrawal already
Yeah, I don't like how sharp those paddles are.
After seeing the inside of a G25, I will not be hitting the steering lock very hard.
My right hand paddle was also very sharp, but I fixed that with sandpaper and polishing it afterwards. Feels extremely smooth now.

It seems like the G25 is somewhat struggled by its own success. I mean, look at all the small issues. Bad stitches, sharp edges, louder to the left (which according to some users is fixed when you tighten certain screws in the gearbox),... Looks like Chineses working overtime to meet the unexpectedly high demands which obviously isn't good for the overall quality of the product.

Quote from skstibi :After seeing the inside of a G25, I will not be hitting the steering lock very hard.

Why not? The 900° steering lock works the same way as in the Driving Force Pro, but is constructed a bit more sturdy. I can't recall people having issues with it on the DFP. If you really wanted to break it, you'd probably succeed but with that thought you can break virtually everything on the G25.

Why do you think the steering lock is weak?
The stitching isn't so bad, what's wrong with it? Feel fine to me. And as with any stitched leather wheel, you have to "Break it in". It will feel awkward the first time. My Red MOMO felt the same way, but it is so worn into the grip of my hands, the stitching on that almost looks melted

The paddles on my G25 aren't sharp either

The Red MOMO has its faults too, and that was considered Logitech's best wheel. G25 is far greater than that wheel, I don't think stitching, sharp edges, and being made in China should really make it sound so bad. It's the best wheel I've owned so far, and I don't intend to buy something that is more expensive.
Tweaker: That's exactly what I mean. The G25 is a great product (ok, it has its flaws and trade offs but the price is a lot lower than say BRD wheels and pedals). But the construction quality doesn't seem to be as consistent as with other Logitech products. My wheel also has perfect stitching, but it did have a very sharp right hand paddle which easily could cut your finger to bleeding and it does make a slight bit more noise to the left, though not excessive. But you cannot deny there are people where the wheel sounds like a 747 taking off when turning left, or where the stichwork has a few flaws,... and other small issues.

To me it's still the greatest wheel available and I love every bit of it. I didn't mean to speak bad of it because it's being made in China or has a few minor flaws. It's just that it somewhat looks like rushed production which *may* be explained by the unexpected success of the G25.
Quote from SatCP :but it did have a very sharp right hand paddle which easily could cut your finger to bleeding

Eghhh, I hope this is just an exagerration, or else I'd be dead from blood loss by now :faint:
My G25 has arrived, and no faults, stitching is clean as are both paddles...

Just 1 maor problem with the wheel, ME!

Must learn the clutch will not slow he car down......
Quote from Thorvertonian :Must learn the clutch will not slow he car down......

I assure you, from experience, it will.

Just veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slowly.
Do you know where i (my friend will buy) can get a chassis type thing with a bucket seat with a g25, we want 2 of them to connect to a ps2. Thanks in advance.
Quote from Tweaker :Eghhh, I hope this is just an exagerration, or else I'd be dead from blood loss by now :faint:

It's not an exagerration. I didn't cut myself on it though.

The paddles are stamped out of a plate. A disadvantage of this process is that it gives sharp edges at the other side. Looking at the left paddle I can easiliy see that the Logitech workers sanded the sharp bits away and made it smooth. Impossible to cut yourself on this. But on the right paddle there was no trace of sanding at all and at a certain point there was a very sharp brim of about half a millimeter sticking out. Under normal conditions it would be hard to cut yourself badly on this, but in the heat of the moment while turning the wheel rapidly and trying to use the paddles you could easily cut yourself to bleeding. Then again, you can cut yourself to bleeding even with a stupid piece of paper...

Anyway, the point is that there was a sharp brim that shouldn't have been there. Did they forget? I don't know, but this does - in my opinion - indicate a failing quality department or rushed production.
Quick, someone cut themselves and sue them!

Might drop the price for the rest of the world
Quote from Tweaker :Eghhh, I hope this is just an exagerration, or else I'd be dead from blood loss by now :faint:

No exagerration, I have a nice cut on my finger that kept bleeding for a few mins. I did sand it down after this, but it shouldn't have been like it in the first place.

I think all the problems with mine could be attributed to rushed production. Another one I forgot was the throttle pedal was loose and needed tightening down before I could even use it.

In spite of all this, I don't regret the purchase. Its rare that something's perfect out the box, espically on the first production run of a mass made product. I just hope Gameseek get me a replacement ASAP and don't play silly buggers with it.
Quote from Thorvertonian :[...]
Must learn the clutch will not slow he car down......

/me refuses to speak of my first time driving a car.
Just received my g25 and it's awesome. No sharp edges on this one. But it does make a lot of noise when steering (even unplugged) and i really think my neighbours are going to complain if I play till 2 am.
Guess I have to open the wheel and fix what's causing it.
But it is a definate step up from my 7 year old m$ sidewinder ffb

So yay for logitech for designing it

boo for the chinese in the sweatshops
Quote from SatCP :Looks like Chineses working overtime to meet the unexpectedly high demands which obviously isn't good for the overall quality of the product.

or chinese production quality simply is bad ... which it is to my knowledge

a word of warning as the following is potentially overly critical but imho the g25 has a lot of design and qc issues including the badly deburred metal, bad pedal placement, the acentric wheel axis, paddles that dont have a real pressure point and most of all the noisy gears
Quote from Shotglass :or chinese production quality simply is bad ... which it is to my knowledge

a word of warning as the following is potentially overly critical but imho the g25 has a lot of design and qc issues including the badly deburred metal, bad pedal placement, the acentric wheel axis, paddles that dont have a real pressure point and most of all the noisy gears

Yes, but price:value wise its still the best on the market..can only hope these minor issues are fixed in later revisions or in the next wheel release Either way I still wouldn't have a problem recommending it. The 2yr warranty counts for a lot as well if you get a bad one.
Quote from Rtsbasic :Yes, but price:value wise its still the best on the market..can only hope these minor issues are fixed in later revisions or in the next wheel release Either way I still wouldn't have a problem recommending it. The 2yr warranty counts for a lot as well if you get a bad one.

all i can say is that after the second wheel i got was faulty as well i asked for a refund and im not alone on this
so now im back with the dfp which has a shitty value to price ratio as well but at least i can use it in the night (that actually makes it better value than the g25 ... at least the ones i had)

the way i see it logitech has the momo with spiking pedals, the dfp with pedals that are prone to go bad as well and that is too slow to be of any real use in 720° and the g25 which has the issues i mentioned above
point of all this ? i wont buy any more logitech wheels ... at least not ones that havent been on the market for at least a year without any serious issues popping up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG