The online racing simulator
Online Multiplayer Bug
(16 posts, started )
Online Multiplayer Bug
I tried and tried and i cant figure it out

Yesterday the game worked FINE!! 95+ fps

today I cant get mutliplayer to work the way its supposed to!

When I try and join it lags up at "retrieving first game messages"
then when it does join i get like 1 fps!!

So i check to see if something was wrong with my video card, by creating a single player game, and nothing was wrong! I got 95+ fps!!

Some one please help me >.<
also
also it lags alot trying to load the server list
giving the "FATAL ERROR: NOTSTOCK" several times

It wasn't like this before yesterday
Very first step I do when I encounter a problem with anything is reboot. You could be having an error with the network card or however you connect. After that, I can't help ya out, sorry.
I used system restore back to 7 days ago

it fixed it.

I think it had something to do with DirectX 9.0c
I'm having this problem agian...

system restore did not fix it this time

its not Direct X related aparently

i get 200fps+ single player
and 10 - 20 fps multiplayer now,
it's not usually like this , i usually get 70+ fps multiplayer

i have a nVidia GF 7600GT
#6 - ORION
Use a decent system backup program like drive image or acronis, and disable the silly windows restore. Then you dont have such problems anymore.

Well, I have no idea how to fix this now, though.

Just try to remember what software or drivers you installed before the problem showed up again. Just remove them and see if it'll work again.
if any thing, it might be google earth related
(already restored before it, didnt work this time )

If i cant figure anything out.. i will just save my data onto some DVDs, format and start over
Well... i started fresh

formatted my hard drive, and reinstalled XP..... just to play LFS

it worked, i get 160 fps in game on multiplayer

I hope this isnt the only way to fix it thoe... if any one has any suggestions, please feel open to post them!
#9 - ebola
Thats windows for ya!
Quote from ebola :Thats windows for ya!

2 fps is a million^infinity percent better than any other operating system....
network fatal and notsock errors all point at network problems... why are you formating and looking at google earth and stuff, id look at network card drivers make sure your playing in a low ping server and check with your isp for any connectivity problems.i doubt its lfs' fault there. i ve seen that error and it only happens when someone here at home is downloading or uploading stuff and there isnt enough bandwith to make a proper connection, might try antivirus/spyware stuff also, a format is good but a bit drastic for a game like lfs that doesnt even has an installer, its just unzip and play.
I get those messages too, i hate it and all the times when it can go into servers they disconect me once and then i can play... Weird
Quote from Barroso :network fatal and notsock errors all point at network problems... why are you formating and looking at google earth and stuff, id look at network card drivers make sure your playing in a low ping server and check with your isp for any connectivity problems.i doubt its lfs' fault there. i ve seen that error and it only happens when someone here at home is downloading or uploading stuff and there isnt enough bandwith to make a proper connection, might try antivirus/spyware stuff also, a format is good but a bit drastic for a game like lfs that doesnt even has an installer, its just unzip and play.

nope.. it will happen for like 3 days in a row

I tryed downloading it an unzipping it agian.. it didnt fix it

im pretty sure it has to do with something conflicting on my hard drive while i play online games

it might of been mcaffee...

but what ever, i dont have the problem sence i reformatted
#14 - Gunn
Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like LFS is the cause and it isn't an LFS bug.
Quote from Gunn :Whatever it is, it doesn't sound like LFS is the cause and it isn't an LFS bug.

what does LFS run on? DX?

can you make it where you can select the graphic type, DX or OpenGL?
That might help in the future
Quote from Sepher0 :what does LFS run on? DX?

can you make it where you can select the graphic type, DX or OpenGL?
That might help in the future

LFS only has a DirectX graphics subsystem, so that currently isn't an option I'm afraid.

Online Multiplayer Bug
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG