The online racing simulator
So who uses left foot braking?
(115 posts, started )

Poll : Do you left or right foot brake?

Left foot braking is the only way
Right foot is what I use, why any other?
I have used left foot braking on the roads and on the track and I know the benefits (even though from an IAM point of view this is frowned upon ). However left foot braking within LFS reaps huge benefits (especially when you have the brake & throttle on seperate axes).

However a mate came round the other day and I showed him LFS - I noticed he was right-foot braking. He just couldn't use his left foot on the brake!

How many left or right foot brake? And if you use your right foot why is that?
Habit - i need to learn to left foot brake, but its a lot harder for some reason, i always overbrake left footed, on the road or in game.

Probably just need to train my left foot to be as precise as my right.
Left foot braking, always have, bu I ride a motorbike in real life not drive a car!

Just got a G25 though, so left foot will be on the clutch, not the brake from now on!
I think only racers whit 3 pedals use ridht foot braking! When you must use left foot for clutch
Left foot braking, but I fear that I will switch to RFB as soon as I get my G25. In real driving it's RFB all the time, even when driving a car with automatic transmission.
Quote from horrgakx :However a mate came round the other day and I showed him LFS - I noticed he was right-foot braking. He just couldn't use his left foot on the brake!

Haha, I had something similar when I first met one of my team mates, I saw his left foot was a meter away from the pedals and all he used was his right foot... I was like

Anyway, left foot braking for me, that makes it much easier to combine brake and throttle, thus creates a better balanced car
What do F1 drivers use?
I use left-foot braking in LFS (haven't never brake with right foot I think) and
also in real life, if I just need to brake a bit, not change gear.

Quote from PLAYLIFE :What do F1 drivers use?

Quote from N I K I :LFB

I'm not 100% sure, but there should be drivers who don't do LFB.
I think it was in this season ITV live where they talked about this...
I forgat to say I'm right foot braking in real life becouse if I use LFB then I hit more pedals so that is not good Anyway Im 17 so don't tell this so police

And I have never drove automatic
So, any of you already tried right foot braking in karts?
Quote from AndroidXP :So, any of you already tried right foot braking in karts?

I've never drove cart , lol isn't it ?
Left Foot Braking.....
Mostly RFB in real life, but like Morrow will LFB if I can

Mostly LFB in LFS, but the recent addition of the G25 to my arsenal means that more and more I'm RFB. But I'm slower doing that so far, and as my main LFSing now comes from the LXCC league I actually opt-out of some of the 'benefits' of the G25 to keep a reasonable pace.
I use LFB, but that's for two reasons:

1. I have no clutch pedal, so don't need my left foot for anything else.

2. My pedals are too far apart to use the same foot to brake and accelerate.

I'd definitely switch to RFB if I had a G25, or another 3-pedal setup
i use LFB but if i get tired and dont feel like driving really on the limit i will just use my right foot and rest my left foot on my chair or desk
rfb for me. I stab the brake every gearshift otherwise.
I use left foot braking, but when I get in a real car, I don't even think of doing it. It just comes naturally to right foot brake in a real car
RFB real life, LFB LFS
i use both when using manual clutch and my H-Shifter,
i use left only when in automatic clutch and paddle to shift.
So i cant vote because there is no "both" choice
This should be split or more options should be added so you can distinguish the answers from drivers with 3 pedals and drivers with 2 pedal
LFB both in real and lfs.
Obviously in daily driving RFB...
But in lfs i havent separate axis so no LFB for "turning" only braking.
Quote from Rubenz81 :But in lfs i havent separate axis so no LFB for "turning" only braking.

That completely defeats the purpose of LFB, though
I always left-foot brake if I'm using paddle shift. Obviously if I'm using manual clutch and shifter I can only left-foot brake when I do not also need to downchange. For me it proves the effectiveness of sequential gearboxes and left foot braking as I'm about 3/4 a second faster round most circuits with paddles. Much quicker in braking areas! You simply cannot downchange fast enough with manual clutch

(115 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG