The online racing simulator
STCC Teaser - Round 4
(25 posts, started )
#1 - SamH
STCC Teaser - Round 4
Well it's a week later than intended (hard drive failure for the 2nd time in 3 weeks!), but here is the latest STCC Teaser, for the race currently in production.

This time, emphasis on the tease more than the video!

#2 - Jakg
Great work Sam your best Teaser yet, just a shame i can't download it because it's not on the server!

it works really, btw
#3 - SamH
Jaq!!! :chairs:
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
:wow: omg, i loved it. I don't know what to say. It was amzingly done.

I applaud you:clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:

edit: yea, what was being said, if anything?
#5 - SamH
#6 - SamH
Quote from Rappa Z ::wow: omg, i loved it. I don't know what to say. It was amzingly done.

I applaud you:clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:

edit: yea, what was being said, if anything?

TYVM!

It's been a heck of a week, and this thing's been re-rendered and re-uploaded 3x this evening. Each time someone's found a typo, or a misplaced splice of text.. it's finished up the work of 3 or 4 people, just to make it make sense. I'll sleep tonight, for sure! LOL!
V.Nice but too short
More please, k bye.
#8 - SamH
Quote from Rooble :too short

Play it again then

Yeah, I'm thinking it could have been longer. I didn't want to make it too long to sit through, and the filesize is already bigger than the other teasers I've made. I'm going to up-tempo again for the next teaser, and that should allow for a more action-packed movie
Sam! you put the wrong track in the teaser! :hide:
Good one, gives enough info without giving away too much. XRT on pole...
How do you get 4 XRT drivers on a stool?

Flip the stool upside down!!

<.<
#12 - Vain
Nice one.

Vain
Absolutely superb ! I love it.
Very nice indeed!

Can I request a section of Tchaikovsky's "Polonaise" for the round eight blackwood rally x teaser?

Love this racing series, and classical music too? bliss.

#15 - Smax
The render quality makes me jealous. No matter what I try I can't get near that quality for that compression.

Overall it's a nicely put together clip, although my personal opinion is that it could have used a little more variety in the camera angle and perhaps some tempo changes, although admittedly the chosen audio line would not really have supported the latter.

Nice one...next please.
#16 - Davo
Great stuff. I only didn't like the music, but my taste is limited to mostly electronic so yeh. Also wish the vid was pure widescreen without black bars 16:10 would be perfect for the ws monitor.
#17 - SamH
Quote from Smax :it could have used a little more variety in the camera angle and perhaps some tempo changes, although admittedly the chosen audio line would not really have supported the latter.

You're right there! I have lots of fast-paced footage to use for the next teaser, but every time I tried to use it in this teaser, it looked awful. Although it's turned out fairly simplistic (which I personally quite like), it's been difficult to bring it together
#18 - SamH
Quote from Davo :Also wish the vid was pure widescreen without black bars 16:10 would be perfect for the ws monitor.

Would 16:9 be okay? The original footage is 640 wide, though, which means there is some upscaling by Vegas for the render. It doesn't look too terrible to me, though. In future, I'll be trying to capture at 720x400 resolution and working exclusively in that size. That's if my monitor will cope, anyway!
#19 - Davo
Yeah, 16:9 is sweet. Gets rid of the black bars would lower the resolution and get better compression wouodnt it, bonus.
very nice, superb quality!
an xrt on pole! can't wait for the full broadcast.
I watched this video without sound (cause I'm at work right now and since I only started on Wednesday I don't want fired yet ) and thought it was really well done. Could've used a couple of faster shots for variation, but since I have no video editing software I can't really complain too much
Lovely job, does exactly what it says on the tin, re-ignites interest before the main video

Hmm. Certainly looks interesting :detective
Two thumps up from me Sam Very nice.
Just watched the round 3 full race video, absolutely superb must have been a massive amount of work.

Very much looking forward to round 4

Edit: Downloading race 1 and 2 now

STCC Teaser - Round 4
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG