The online racing simulator
#52 - 3MtY
WEll im banned right ? I cant enter the server .. So couldnt see that
I've done some races on sprint1 Redline server and had some great races. With lots of drivers it's sometimes hard to make it to the top, becouse there's allways somebody who will spin infront of you and take you with him, or crash into you, or bump you under braking into T1...
But when you make it to the top 3 position you're safe from all the horror that's going on behind you.
I can only praise the Redline Servers.

Not really ventured any further than BLGP Fox as the racing is very fair and as posted earlier MOST racers are considerate and alot better than me!!!!

Its never a nice thing banning racers, every time i see a thread about banning i always think it maybe a little harsh and needless. IMO though Redline can thank its success on weedling out the bad racers by the odd ban here and there. This reputation has payed off as the crashers no longer seem to visit.

99.9% of the time spent on there is thoroughly enjoyable for the genuine users!!!!

WE WILL NEVER GET RID OFF THE ODD TOOL.....

WELL DONE REDLINE
Another set of servers where you'll find a good standard of driving are the OWRL servers. Hosted by Goodserver.de. I am not exagerating when I say I have never seen an argument or a ban. I guess the reason is that most of the drivers on there are competing in the OWRL.
Guys-please forgive me as Ive only had LFs for 3 days-but which car is the FOX. I dont see it in the selection of cars unless its the FOrmula Xr

Forget it-I figured it out from the images posted.
thats the one

FOX - formula xr
Quote from bigj6230 :thats the one

FOX - formula xr

Thanks-I loved racing the FF's on Forza-this should be a blast-just like racing a kart!!
Quote from rayhuang :Guys-please forgive me as Ive only had LFs for 3 days-but which car is the FOX. I dont see it in the selection of cars unless its the FOrmula Xr

Forget it-I figured it out from the images posted.

Could you please login with the nick, you bought your licence with?
You know, I'm not really one to sway how ppl should run their servers. I mean you paid for it and all, so you have every right to run it however you want.
But I'll be honest, after seeing the picture #7 you posted as part of some justification for banning the guy... yeah it was pretty apparent he caused the wreck, and I kinda believe that he didn't know he hit you (in the pic that showed the actual wreck the other guy's head was straitght ahead and not looking to the left) I think geting banned for that is pretty lame on y'alls part IMO.
He apologised... I'm sorry but was this a career ending wreck for you or something? Did the butterfly effect resulting from the wreck cause somebody to die in Paraguay? I mean really.
And I also think that having that kind of mentality is what really kills off racing sims. more than wreckers do.

You know, there's some sort of Wreckers Barricade or something that works
to BAN wreckers... real wreckers.

There really needs to be players barricade or whatever to BOYCOTT servers
for doing things that are just as detrimental

And as I said before, I've been to your servers, I didn't have any problems there at all.... I guess I should just thank my lucky stars I didn't misjudge something and have to lock my brakes-huh?

Oh well when all's said and done, it's your server run it how you want...
Quote from Racer Y :You know, I'm not really one to sway how ppl should run their servers. I mean you paid for it and all, so you have every right to run it however you want.
But I'll be honest, after seeing the picture #7 you posted as part of some justification for banning the guy... yeah it was pretty apparent he caused the wreck, and I kinda believe that he didn't know he hit you (in the pic that showed the actual wreck the other guy's head was straitght ahead and not looking to the left) I think geting banned for that is pretty lame on y'alls part IMO.
He apologised... I'm sorry but was this a career ending wreck for you or something? Did the butterfly effect resulting from the wreck cause somebody to die in Paraguay? I mean really.
And I also think that having that kind of mentality is what really kills off racing sims. more than wreckers do.

And as I said before, I've been to your servers, I didn't have any problems there at all.... I guess I should just thank my lucky stars I didn't misjudge something and have to lock my brakes-huh?

I didn't ban him and there were no other admins on at the time, so as far as I know he did not get banned from the server. You should have read the last sentence of my post...
Quote from amp88 :I didn't ban him and there were no other admins on at the time, so as far as I know he did not get banned from the server. You should have read the last sentence of my post...

I think the point is more that people flip out about things in a game way more than they should. People get so stuck in their virtual world that they react horribly to situations that are even slightly different from exactly what they want. Needless to say, in an online game with connection issues and less-than-professional drivers, this is a very unrealistic approach.

Few servers(DSR and Redline come to mind) have actually found a realistic balance of strictness and forgiveness for an online game. In real life, you can go ahead and be 100% strict and forgive no one because it's real with very real consequences. LFS should be for people to relax, not get uptight and angry about minor issues (though, really, the same type of loser who loses it over a "racing incident" would probably lose it over the same in LFS.
Quote from luftrofl :I think the point is more that people flip out about things in a game way more than they should. People get so stuck in their virtual world that they react horribly to situations that are even slightly different from exactly what they want. Needless to say, in an online game with connection issues and less-than-professional drivers, this is a very unrealistic approach.

Few servers(DSR and Redline come to mind) have actually found a realistic balance of strictness and forgiveness for an online game. In real life, you can go ahead and be 100% strict and forgive no one because it's real with very real consequences. LFS should be for people to relax, not get uptight and angry about minor issues (though, really, the same type of loser who loses it over a "racing incident" would probably lose it over the same in LFS.

I agree with you here (at least in part), but the reply of mine which you quoted was aimed directly at Racer Y's rant. I wasn't talking about my policy regarding kick/ban policies. A little off topic now, but I just wanted to say hi to a fellow GTP-er
Do Redline have any plans to have the MRTs back at SO Sprint again any time soon?
#65 - Goop
request for MRTs at AS Cadet, or FO8s anywhere :wave2:
I got a question....I am still not putting a lot of time on LFS, but I am down to 1:14 with mouse with the FOX at BW. Thats 7 seconds off the WR, but I know I can shave 2 seconds with my wheel and pedal and more w/ practice.

What laptimes are guys running with FOX's in serious online series races and/or how far off WR times from tracks?
Quote from rayhuang :I got a question....I am still not putting a lot of time on LFS, but I am down to 1:14 with mouse with the FOX at BW. Thats 7 seconds off the WR, but I know I can shave 2 seconds with my wheel and pedal and more w/ practice.

What laptimes are guys running with FOX's in serious online series races and/or how far off WR times from tracks?

Depending on whose racing between 1:10 and 1:09 can be competitive but when it hots up usually mid 1:08's will keep you within reach. Once DNB, Killboy, REDI and the other fast runners join then nothing less than 1:07.99 will do
Quote from rayhuang :I got a question....I am still not putting a lot of time on LFS, but I am down to 1:14 with mouse with the FOX at BW. Thats 7 seconds off the WR, but I know I can shave 2 seconds with my wheel and pedal and more w/ practice.

Yesterday I had couple of Races with a guy named BiGSexy (spell.?) from Hungary and he drove 1:07 times constantly.

Could we please get some F08 Racing going on on Redline Server?
sure f08 will be run up as well as more MRT (if only for me) any other request just give ask
Quote from andy29 :I found the Redline server back in mid July. Before that I'd never really been online much. Between then and now I have raced on there a hell of a lot, for me at least. The team members are good racers, and racing there is always fun. Following the leaders helps improve my PBs too!

Yes, newbies can cause problems. But if you have a brain and are a good racer, and have just joined at the back of the grid, you know you might have to avoid them. It's simple - do that, get to the finish, and for the next race you'll start in front of them.

I was quite surprised when I saw the posts here because I have never been banned or had any problems. Funny that.

Hey now, some of us newbies arent all bad people =(. Some of us are trying to improve and watch how you guys race while having fun and racing along with you! And doing our best to avoid doing something stupid to **** everything up =D.

If you ever see me in the servers, lend me a hand, say hi or whatnot. I'm friendly and i say sorry if i screw up and take you with me =).
Quote from George Kuyumji :Yesterday I had couple of Races with a guy named BiGSexy (spell.?) from Hungary and he drove 1:07 times constantly.

Could we please get some F08 Racing going on on Redline Server?

well-1:09's are doable-I dont know about the 1:07's!! Got to stop being lazy and use the wheel when i do run LFS.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I suppose you'll end up with the guys who are at your level after a few laps anyways.

Ray
get your self a wheel and before you know it you will be lapping with the best of them need a setup or anythin just give a redline driver a shout we are more than happy to help
Quote from tombarlin :get your self a wheel and before you know it you will be lapping with the best of them need a setup or anythin just give a redline driver a shout we are more than happy to help

Thanks man! sounds good. I need a good fox setup actually. I have a momo logitech wheel with the pedals so i'm set there! =D I have a lot of fun in this game and im looking to get to know alot of you and get into the community.

I also mess around with drifting, but stick to the drifting servers as to not piss anyone off =)
Quote from Racer Y :You know, I'm not really one to sway how ppl should run their servers. I mean you paid for it and all, so you have every right to run it however you want.

Well said. Last week I locked my handbrake on through no fault of my own and skidded off the track. Since and before then I have run consecutive 2nd's with 1.10's coming out of my ears. Log in yesterday to find out I'm banned.

I've been an avid LFS fan for 3 years now, and wrecking isn't my thing. But it seems one mistake is all it takes for the Redline guys to ban people, then have the cheek to not respond / check their email account...

I love the Redline servers, all good chaps, all brilliant races etc etc, but I think, from a management kind of view, communication is rubbish...!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG