The online racing simulator
Whats going on?" [Server lent out] [SOLVED]
Just checking one of our team servers, "[MG]Racing Team (iB)", Has been changed to private (which was a suprise). I could then not connect with the Admin password - so it appears it has been changed, yet the only members on the server are from "SERT" and a new member has joined the server while it was private from the team, so therefore it would appear they know the password. What should we do?
thats for later
if i believe correctly, one of your own people is hosting the dedicated server(or i think they should). At a last resort you could shut down the server and open a new one
ermm, change the password?
we cant do anything to the server, server is hosted by 500servers and franky is not online
#5 - CSU1
forgotn the keys lmao!!!...locked out rofl...Kick down the door
#6 - Jakg
No - the passwords been changed

Seems a team member lent out the server without telling anyone!
Give Franky a ring, you'll probably wake him up and he'll have no idea who you are, but he'll get his ass into action pretty promptly.

That's what happened last time my server went down anway

Oh and btw this is actually on topic for an LFS forum, I moved it to the hosts forum (seems the most suitable place).
Quote from Jakg :No - the passwords been changed

Seems a team member lent out the server without telling anyone!

No need to change the admin password then.
Yesterday, 23:05

Quote from Ollie180 :
Quote from nesrulz :
Quote from Ollie180 :Urm do you mind tellin me why your team members our on our team server?? and the admin pass has been changed and server is priv????

Yesterday, 23:57

Hehe.

http://nationscup.7.forumer.co ... ic.php?t=786&start=15

http://nationscup.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=798

RGDS

Ok thanks mate was lots of stuff going on as we was not told, we thrt someone had stole our server lol

that was a looong day at work. sorry, is there still a problem? there was a Restart made to the server Yesterday Morning (windows updates) which means that the server would have restarted with whats in the setup.cfg could this be what happened?

btw BoB. who are you? :P
Quote from Jakg :Seems a team member lent out the server without telling anyone!

Umm....kick him off the team? That is unacceptable behaviour, in my mind.
#12 - CSU1
Quote from Rappa Z :if i believe correctly, one of your own people is hosting the dedicated server(or i think they should). At a last resort you could shut down the server and open a new one

And the morel of the story: Don't leave the house without you key's!
#13 - Jakg
Quote from banshee56 :Umm....kick him off the team? That is unacceptable behaviour, in my mind.

well, the server was originally paid for by him (and might still be), but he donated it to the team - it seems that he thought he could change the password to suit a league - but hey, its his server!
Quote from Jakg :well, the server was originally paid for by him (and might still be), but he donated it to the team - it seems that he thought he could change the password to suit a league - but hey, its his server!

Thats true, he owns the server by rights, but donated it to MG after his own league ended.
He can change it and loan it out if needs be, but still a MG server.
We now have a second server in addition, so any more monkey business and we have another .

Also i have reports today that our server had problems. Crashed so i believe (what i was told.), he said its working ok now tho.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG