The online racing simulator
Quote from Chris P :All emails to LFS News will be forwarded to me (at least, not sure about the others) and for the time being there shouldn't be any delays to me reacting to them.

I also get them

Only news sent to news@lfsnews.net are forwarded btw

Quote from dungbeetle :Here's a content suggestion.

How about a single, comprehensive and easy to view list of all forthcoming race events (say a month or so ahead of time) from all the various LFS leagues and competitions, including details of race times and whether or not non-participants are able to spectate? Each league or competition could send their information to LFS News, and everyone would know that LFSN is the place to check for all forthcoming events.

Sorry if this already exists somewhere, but I've been unable to find it if it does - and if it does, can someone tell me where I can find it!

Heh, I have 3-4 bigger things I want to add to the site, and that's actually one them

Thanx for the announcement Scawen :cool:
Quote from VecTreX :Heh, I have 3-4 bigger things I want to add to the site, and that's actually one them

So is there no where else (apart from occasional posts in the league forums) to get this information at the moment?
Quote from dungbeetle :So is there no where else (apart from occasional posts in the league forums) to get this information at the moment?

There might be a few smaller lists somewhere, but a complete list of all events I believe not. I haven't found one yet at least
I have an issue with the site, I cannot create a user account. It doesn't do anything, every time I click register it just refreshes the screen.
Quote from Viper93 :I have an issue with the site, I cannot create a user account. It doesn't do anything, every time I click register it just refreshes the screen.

Make sure your browser accepts cookies
Just a little info...

As some of you know from my last news this Friday, my web-host are updating their servers. Unfortunately the IP addresses changed and I'm still waiting for the info so I can update the DNS records to point to the new IPs.

I'm hoping to get everything up and running tomorrow
Yeah, Jemdna and I were already wondering what had happened.

Thanks for the clarification!
The DNS records have been updated and the site is up again...

At least I can see it now
Good to see it's back
Just wanted to say that when clicking on random screenshot i got The page cannot be found error.
#36 - Vain
Works perfectly here.
Win Xp Sp2 / Firefox 1.5.0.8

Vain
Perhaps a small idea... We have now several people working hard on the LFSNews, who get everyone its support cause so far they doing nice work!, but why not involve the community (a bit more)?

I was thinking: make a new subforum where the mods have rights and the LFSN people also have rights.

If someone races a league which is less in the spotlights or I don't know, a quiet remarkable teamchange happends or other general related LFS stuff, people can write their own article's, post them in the subforum part and the people from LFSN can still decide: add it to LFSN or not ?

Just an idea so we keep getting an income of News, even if (e.g) Vectrex or others have it very busy in real life. We get a constant feedback of News. We get to see the "less" important things that happen in LFS also. We still get the big news from the how the Aliens got another victory, .... And by letting the LFSN staff read everything first before it's being posted you get a certain quality security. Frankly I only see benefits...

Perhaps changing the looks of the News page itself would be asked then, so we can see more articles on one and the same page (next to each other instead of long columns?).

Just an idea...

GC
short:
- users may submit news
- mods decide if they're worth uploading

:P

ps. I didnt know u can also write sentences, not just single smap words :P lol
As said before I have a few things I want to add to the site, and one of the most important things is the "submit news", and I really want it too

GianniC: I like the idea about the "subforum" or section and I can see your point about getting more "less" important stuff on the site, so a section for user submitted news might be good. I'll definitely look into it

I also want to redesign / restructure the site, but I can't tell when it'll be done
Quote from ORION :short:
- users may submit news
- mods decide if they're worth uploading

:P

ps. I didnt know u can also write sentences, not just single smap words :P lol

Didn't knew if Vectrex would get it.
Used My Translation Monkey (MTM abreviated) to make those long things for me :sorry:
:monkey:

Ah good to see you were thinking at the same level Vectrex, I have fully confident in your work and the work of the other LFSN people. We'll see it when it's ready, as long as it has (high) quality. Just as LFS
vec did you make the new logo btw? its very good
Quote from ORION :vec did you make the new logo btw? its very good

Yep and thanks
Just another reminder.

LFS News would be glad to post your team's or league's news! Just send an email containing the article and whatever images you would like us to place.
I haven't posted anything in a while because it's xmas break for my league. I do still support LFS News though Keep up the great site and you'll hear more from me when I think the community has recovered from being sick to death of hearing those four letters over and over again ...
Not 'STCCC' I hope :P

I'll keep it in mind, now something needs to happen in my team *hmm*
#46 - ekze
Is it possible to post news about reopening of our league? ( http://lfsclub.liveforspeed.com.ru ), i've tried to write an e-mail to you, but your mail-server seems to block any mail from *.ru....
What should i do?
Quote from ekze :Is it possible to post news about reopening of our league? ( http://lfsclub.liveforspeed.com.ru ), i've tried to write an e-mail to you, but your mail-server seems to block any mail from *.ru....
What should i do?

You should bump a year old thread and ask there.
#48 - ekze
Oh really, lol? Of course much better idea was to make new topic with this stupid question?
The "Send a private message to..." button springs to mind.
#50 - ekze
Of course I've tried it, yesterday sent PM to Tweaker, no response...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG