The online racing simulator
LFS hands down the best racing sim ever??
I stumbled accross the GTR2 demo some months ago which got me back into racing on PC since quite a long while, whilst waiting for the GTR2 release, I then stumbled accross LFS. At first I thought that it was not that good because you get used to driving to a specific simulation, and I was enjoying GTR2.

One night, bored, I decided to buy the S2 license (not rich btw, just got an income that means I can buy something like this if I want). So, then I play on LFS a little bit more and try all the various cars.

I have since been playing LFS for a few weeks and I am really happy with it. My favourite car is the FOX, and with the logiech DFP wheel, it is great fun!!

This is a magnificent attempt by a small bunch (3 I think) of guys.....don't you agree?

Things that make LFS stand out for me-

1. Best physics and feel of any game "sim!"
2. Outstanding tracks
3. Best online racing action ever
4. Lovely graphics
5. the stats
6. The fact that that it is not made by a big company!
7. The list goes on.........

Keep up the gr8 work guys.

PS anybody need an old copy of GTR2.........don't like it anymore!!

What are your favourite things about LFS??
#2 - CSU1
My fav thing is crashing the noobs lmao!!!
Quote from steve1970 :This is a magnificent attempt by a small bunch (3 I think) of guys.....don't you agree?

:iagree:

My favourite things are:

Easy to get online and race
Relatively user-friendly
Great physics
Tyre modelling
Generally friendly community
Autmatic Skin downloading
LFS World
Car types
Tracks
Pretty much everything!!
Here we go again
#5 - CSU1
Quote from nikimere ::iagree:

My favourite things are:

Easy to get online and race
Relatively user-friendly
Great physics
Tyre modelling
Generally friendly community
Autmatic Skin downloading
LFS World
Car types
Tracks
Pretty much everything!!

Darn!!! and I thought you were agreeing with me loving crashing the noobs!
I'm bored of complimenting the devs. Can we have a slagging match instead please?
#7 - CSU1
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm bored of complimenting the devs. Can we have a slagging match instead please?

Er...OKEYDOKEY:
How many dev's does it take to finish a race sim?
eDIT:OOPS!
not too sure about a Finnish one, but a mainly English one... about 3 of them!
that was a play on your spelling of Finish
Quote :How many dev's does it take to finnish a race sim?

Zero.

As LFS is already dominated by Finns!

*sting*

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was too late!
#10 - CSU1
rofl!!! ok...ok.../ too mu$h cofee,......
Who has the BIGGEST mouth(not jaffa cake) in LFS?
I'll have the GTR2 copy if it's going free

Yeah, the devs have done a good job haven't they?
I love LFS, everything is wild about it. I like that YOU drive the car and if you crash you get hurt. This is the only online sim racing game I play now I have tryed and played many for years like since the 80's Word! anyone remeber indy500 the old ass F1 racing game on DOS 6.1 wow we have come very far.
Not 'hands down' the best, no.

We don't have day/night cycles. YET
We don't have brake temperature modelling. YET
We don't have a decent aero simulation for all eventualities. YET
We don't have the best damage system (overall). YET
We don't have the best transmission/clutch simulation. YET
We don't have the most immersive sound (I don't use CSR). YET
We don't have the best interiors. YET

Apart from the long list of stuff we DO have over other sims, the most appealing bit is the repeating YETs. It's an ongoing thing (a WIP), and that's what REALLY appeals to me. Rfactor might get a patch of 'fixes' every 6 months. GTR has no support whatsoever. nK's patches are next to useless (although they have a similar list of stuff to do, starting with 'Make it Work in the first place').

No, LFS isn't hands down the best sim. But it is the best overall, and is going to get better.
#16 - th84
Quote from CSU1 :My fav thing is crashing the noobs lmao!!!

Grrrrr!!:fence:
lfs cures cancer
Quote from KiDCoDEa :lfs cures cancer

You're wrong. The ISI engine is still around.

( *runs*)
Welcome to LFS. You won't find many people to argue against you here, the only variation will be how much they agree with you
I still like LFS for the things which got me hooked all those years ago. Regardless of the physics, the "feel" has always been right (to me), the way it works online and the overall simplicity and efficiency of the software. It's hard (read, pretty much impossible) to find any driving-game which lets you get in the driving seat as fast as LFS lets you actually get online and racing.
LFS is easily the best online racer that I've ever played, in fact scrap that, LFS is probably the best online game I've ever played.

I haven't played for a few months but I'm starting to think about getting back into it.

What keeps surprising me is that everytime I take a few weeks/months out, I come back and the amount of users online is roughly the same or gone up. I was scared LFS would die out eventually with games such as rFactor and GTR2 coming onto the scene, but thankfully this is not happening. 988 users when I logged on tonight
lfs is my fav sim right now and has been for the past 3... almost 4 years.

we must be wary of becoming "blind fanboys". i think lfs is the best because of what the game includes currently and because of the focus and direction of the development. Yes, the game has flaws that are probably going to be delt with eventually. just as always
No it isn't... it's hands and pants down the bestest sim there is
*subscriped*

Quote from Becky Rose :I'm bored of complimenting the devs. Can we have a slagging match instead please?

i cant do slanning. i love everyone.

and i like lfs cos i can spend all night making a skin just to try it out and not be happy with it and then spend another hour making it pretty. oh and the realistic physics and tracks and online racing and the whole community cos ther not a bunch of idiots like my freind who thinks lfs is sad. id give his adress for you to go and beat him up but id get wrong.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Why do I like LFS? Two things, graphics engine and multiplayer.

First, let's talk graphics. I've tried the GTR, GTL, and rFactor demos. I didn't mess with rFactor much at all, but did try and try GTR/GTL. Their graphics engine sucks, period. Ok ok, if you have that $4000 graphics card and the quad processor running 350 GHz, sure the graphics are great. But, that's the point, you need that hardware to run it. My most recent non-LFS experience was GTL. You can configure it differently. If I'm getting 50 FPS with all LFS gfx options maxed and with a bit of AA/AF on my onboard graphics and must say, it looks fantastic, then when I configure GTL to run 640x480x16 with dx7 and only getting 10 FPS, I have to say their graphics engine sucks. I'm sorry, but if you minimize all ingame options, and run the PC settings I state up there and still can only get 10 FPS, then there is something wrong, and it's not the PC. I could see if it was limited to staying at high resolution and Dx9, but it is not. The option of reducing graphics and settings are there.

Now multiplayer. I don't have experience with multiplayer on other sims. All I can go by is what I was told. I race nightly on dialup on LFS. Without fault, I am on every single night, except for the hockey games now. Every night it is with my dialup. I connect at either 45.2 or 46.6k. I race up to 18 others before I have a problem with the connection. I never disconnect. Only when I start seeing more than 18-19 others will I definitely start lagging and leave the server. Occasionally, you get a not so good server where I can't run with lesser number of cars, but that is more the server and other connections factored in with my dialup. This rarely happens. With GTR/GTL, I asked as I really wanted to try it. I was told I might be able to connect and rae with 5 cars max. Again, that is only what I was told and not from experience because I haven't gotten over that 10 FPS problem.

Ease of multiplayer is why I like LFS as well. I just tested it. From start up of 3 external add-ons and LFS, it took me 38 seconds to join into a server after looking at the list and deciding the one I wanted rather than just grabbing the first one I could.

That being said, I'm now on the server, so I must go race. Cya there .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG