The online racing simulator
Rock Crawling ^_^
(33 posts, started )
Rock Crawling ^_^
I would like to see Rock Crawling.
Wether it be in a Hummer H3 or a Modified Jeep.
Attached images
hummerH3_02.jpg
jeep_rockcrawling.jpg
It wouldn't work correctly with the current physics/tyre model.
#3 - CSU1
Rig of rods! you ever played?
I always wondered how large 4*4 have such little ground clearance and never get stuk on the rocks!
Quote from AndroidXP :It wouldn't work correctly with the current physics/tyre model.

That makes no sence.
Only the devs know what S3 will be like.
And @CSU1, RoR just doesn't compare to LFS.
You make no sense.

Yes, only the devs know what S3 will be like, hence the remark that with the current tyre model it would simply not work. But then you have to ask yourself, why are you making S3 related improvement suggestions at all? It's not even like S2 final is around the corner, and S3 will likely not be finished within the next 2 years.
#6 - JTbo
That would be nice to have too, but only if we can get as crap Hummer as real one so that it will break down very easily and that Jeep just keeps going and going. No, I'm not biased, not at all, how come you think that

No really, Hummers are not that bad
Quote from JTbo :That would be nice to have too, but only if we can get as crap Hummer as real one so that it will break down very easily and that Jeep just keeps going and going. No, I'm not biased, not at all, how come you think that

No really, Hummers are not that bad

lol that hummer was funny. The hummer was just the first 4x4 that came to mind. A Land Rover would definatly be better
#8 - JTbo
Quote from Stew2000 :lol that hummer was funny. The hummer was just the first 4x4 that came to mind. A Land Rover would definatly be better

Even this is much better (Actually this is very good base for offroad car):
#9 - CSU1
I'd love to see those monster trucks spitting and snarling nitros oxide in the sim, but It aint gonna happen, as for hummer's and landrovers we would have to tow a fuel tanker around behind it! so thats just more like wheels of steel so -1
Quote from CSU1 :I'd love to see those monster trucks spitting and snarling nitros oxide in the sim, but It aint gonna happen, as for hummer's and landrovers we would have to tow a fuel tanker around behind it! so thats just more like wheels of steel so -1

Why not add fuel drums to the vehicles but at the cost of weight?
#11 - CSU1
Quote from Stew2000 :Why not add fuel drums to the vehicles but at the cost of weight?

Yeah!illepall or we could have an airtanker fly 6 feet above the hummer around the track !!!lmao
#12 - JTbo
They don't have tankers running behind irl so no need that in game, however tanker would actually be nice too

There is pits on track and it is possible to do a pitstop, even it would be only small amount of laps/distance that can be run with one tank as is case with Hummer.

Little Suzuki runs long time and stucks to much harder spot than Hummer ;D
#14 - JTbo
I'd like to see this car in LFS it would be soooo cool omg omg!

@Skynet: FWD :vomit:

Gives a new meaning to turbo lag
@skynet
ROFL, That is so off-topic.

@Hyperactive
I was tinking about Formula Off-Road but couldn't remember what it was called. I love watching it on TV.
Aquaplaning is good too
A good idea, as rock crawling is a highly technical specialty. Only problem is, we've got no rocks to crawl.
Boy I wish I still had the picture of Marlin Czajkowski's Toyota. He is the creator/manufacturer of the Marlin Crawler, a dual transfer case system for Toyota trucks. He had a picture of him standing outside of his truck sitting on a 60 degree incline. The caption stated "This is me climbing this incline in 1st low low low gear. Notice I'm standing outside the truck as it climbs the hill." or something like that. He had 3 transfer cases mated together with the original t-case. The original had stock 4.30 gears and the 3 extra had 4.71 gears in each with 5.29 gears in the diff giving him something like 1500:1 crawl ratio (can't be bothered to do the calculation, don't have exact specifics). Stock is something like 270:1.

I have been wanting a 4x4/rock crawling simulator for a long long time. I use to be into that stuff before I got married. The closest/best I've gotten was Cabella's Off-Road, which is a sportsman store over here in the States.

Edit: Ah ha, here's a quote of him describing his ride - "Czajkowski- The dump truck is a 1980 bobbed longbed with a 22R motor with a 20R head and a non-US L52 5 ?speed transmission. It has triple cases, one with stock gears and the other two with 4.7:1 gears. Compound low is 1047:1. The axles have 5.29s and air lockers, the front has Dana 60 outers and a high pinion third member. Other notable equipment include the Premier Power Welder, York air compressor, and 35? Super Swamper SSR tires."

And a pic: http://www.4x4wire.com/insider/marlin/air1.jpg
Is Rock crawling classed as racing? I dont know if it is or not, i've not really seen much Rock crawling (looks intriguing).
LFS - Online RACING Simulator
rig-o-rods, that has rock crawling
Would be kinda cool to have this, although i dont see it happening

Al..KeepUp ^^
This is a racing sim not a off road game.
You want racing on roads, like normal people .. play this!
If you want off road, buy Screamer 4x4 or summink
<3 S14

Quote from SkyNet :I'd like to see this car in LFS it would be soooo cool omg omg!

hey, I remember that pic: "The first car crash"
Rigs of rods sux at the moment.
I'm getting Screamer 4x4 soon.
Formula Offroad is racing.
Rock Crawling is a motorsport.
And as for 'S14 Drift' saying "This is a racing sim not a off road game.
", The WRC is racing and offroad.
And this game has autocross.

That was my little rant.

Rock Crawling ^_^
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG