The online racing simulator
New guest timed out
(11 posts, started )
New guest timed out
Searched the forum but no clear answer found.

I heard no complaining from anyone that they cannot connect to my server. And yet sometimes "New guest timed out" message comes up? Anyone have a similar problem with his server?
#2 - Jakg
Firewall blocking the ports?
No, I forwarded the ports. But if I didn't nobody could have joined not just some.
#4 - ZORER
It happens to me too.. Everytime i setup a private internet game to do training with a friend, that message comes. Is it someone trying to connect without a password?
I have had something like this on few occasions. With passworded servers, the server just doesn't allow me to join. Doesn't matter if I wait or keep trying, I just can't join. Then I wait like couple of minutes and try again and it works . Has happened just few times so it's really nothing, but annoying
My server has no password, it's public. This message appers quite alot.
It might be a lag situation, If a user daoesent have a very good pc, and while the game is loading track and players, u can get dissconnected. Happened to me b4 while hosting. But i dont get that too often.
Verjetno zaradi kakšnega timeouta. Se pogosto naredi, ko greš prvič na en strežnik (prvič traja dlje?). Tebi se ne uspe skonektat, na serverju pa napiše guest timed out. Ko probaš še drugič, ponavadi gre .
Pssst, we have to talk in English here.

I don't think I've ever seen this message on any server so does this message appear only to the host?

Another thing I noticed is that if my computer lags just for a few seconds everyone get's disconnected. Or try this even if you're not a host: put the game in windowed mode and right click on it in the task bar. The menu will pop up and just wait a few seconds. Then left click inside the game window and you are timed out.

Gonna get a major hardware upgrade soon so this should not be a problem anymore. Right now my windows is past it's expiration date hehe.
#10 - SamH
I don't think it's a major concern. We host the STCC and Odd Combo Club servers, and occasionally see rows and rows of "new guest timed out" on the dedi windows, but people are able to join them without any issues. I'm not sure what causes it, but I don't get the impression it's a problem.
An official statement from Scawen would be nice.

It's the same for me. My servers show rows of "New guest timed out" messages but without any join message or something like this. So I don't have ANY idea, why this message comes.

New guest timed out
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG