The online racing simulator
need a 24V 0.75A psu
(8 posts, started )
need a 24V 0.75A psu
hi guys,
my psu has just packed in for my red momo wheel and need to get another. spoke to logitech but what a waste of time that was

anyone know where i would get one as i'm starting to get withdraw symptoms from lfs
cheers kev
Tried changing the fuse?

Could buy one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AC-Power ... ZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And if the plugs the wrong sort chop the one off your broken supply and solder it on. The difference in millamp rating shouldn't be a problem as the PSU will only deliver what the wheel asks for upto its maximum rating.
hi ya
yeah changed the fuse so i know its not that .

have seen these adaptors before but wasn't sure if it would be suitable
i know its not a lot of difference but i wouldn't want to blow up my wheel
have you tried the psu or does anyone else have experience with them because i'd like to know before just plugging any old thing in

thanks 4 your help
kev
I've not tried it and of course if it blows up, destroys your wheel, runs your cat over etc its not my fault But having a power supply capable of delivering more millamps than what you need shouldn't harm it. Its voltage that matters, and its 24v same as what you specified. E.g. for charging up my radio controlled truck batteries I use a 13.8v 20A power supply. The charger only actually draws 5-6 amps, but it doesn't harm it because the supply only delivers what it asks for. Means in my example I can run a couple of chargers off it at once. Should be perfectly safe as long as you get the polarity right on the connector.
#5 - P1lot
#6 - CSU1
Quote from delankster :hi guys,
my psu has just packed in for my red momo wheel and need to get another. spoke to logitech but what a waste of time that was

anyone know where i would get one as i'm starting to get withdraw symptoms from lfs
cheers kev

Get your local info on electrical repair guy's, he will more than likely have a shed full of PSU's from diffrent applications, or your local TV repair shop would have too, even if the jack wasn't the same it's only a simple matter of chopping off the old jack and crimping it onto your new PSU!
cheers guy's
my firm has a contract with rs at work so will see if i can get the boss to order me one in
will let you all know if i blow my wheel up
kev
hi all,
just to let you all know got a psu from maplins in the end

was 24v and 5A output and it works fine
so i'm back racin again

cheers to all 4 your help
kev

need a 24V 0.75A psu
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG