The online racing simulator
Good point, something like Red & Black Momo, the Red one was limited as well (i think) and we all know the black one is without leather and other visual degradations.
With any luck the G25 will hold its value as well as the red Momo did

Is there any sim that actually has a real clutch simulation? I've tried various Simbin ones in addition to LFS and none do it right. Infact I think Simbin's implimentation is better than LFS, you can actually stall the car for one thing.
there is one that has good clutch sim, but it's a parking sim, so pretty damn naff to play!
Quote from Thorvertonian :there is one that has good clutch sim, but it's a parking sim, so pretty damn naff to play!

Lol what the hell? really? hahah cool! got a link!
I haven't played it for a while (Played it about a year ago @ an exhibition with Marlin Cars - Sports car company from Crediton where I used to work in a school down the road)... they had a simulator all set up, if I can't find it will contact them and see if they can remember!
Quote from Rtsbasic :With any luck the G25 will hold its value as well as the red Momo did

Is there any sim that actually has a real clutch simulation? I've tried various Simbin ones in addition to LFS and none do it right. Infact I think Simbin's implimentation is better than LFS, you can actually stall the car for one thing.

The Racer free car simulator not only stalls, but also tortures you with horrible screeching noises if you forget to use your clutch when shifting. There's a few great cars and tracks that you can download for it:
http://www.racer.nl/
Quote from jfgcatalan :The Racer free car simulator not only stalls, but also tortures you with horrible screeching noises if you forget to use your clutch when shifting. There's a few great cars and tracks that you can download for it:
http://www.racer.nl/

I tried the racer few days ago, downloaded many many cars but as to my suprize there seems to be no good ones. Or one, the 1950's formula . Imho racer is not even near the current DR, not even close. I wouldn't suggest racer
aparently, nfs carbon supports the g25 lol

carbon even supports clutch.
Quote from Thorvertonian :I haven't played it for a while (Played it about a year ago @ an exhibition with Marlin Cars - Sports car company from Crediton where I used to work in a school down the road)... they had a simulator all set up, if I can't find it will contact them and see if they can remember!

OK cool!
Unfortunaly NFS Carbon doesn't actually 'support' driving. Your more or less watching a BRUTAL movie. Imagine they took the movie budget and put it into making the game fun?!

On another note, I can't get the G25 to be drivable in Carbon. Maybe it's the radius but it seems so on/off when it comes to steering. Either I'm WAY understeering or I'm way over.
Quote from Hyperactive :I tried the racer few days ago, downloaded many many cars but as to my suprize there seems to be no good ones. Or one, the 1950's formula . Imho racer is not even near the current DR, not even close. I wouldn't suggest racer

I haven't played it in months and it was quite rough and hard to configure, but when I tried it I liked this BMW:
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=191287

I enjoyed driving it with a homemade clutch through what seemed a converted GPL Nordschleife or that beautiful mountain road they have, "Swiss Stroll" or something. Being a free download I think I got my money worth for the hours I spent with it
I've used my G25 with NFS Carbon quite a bit. It does have clutch/H shifter support which I make full use of. Its pure arcade and so you can't turn off the auto clutch but its still good fun.

Settings I use are as per LFS, except main forces at 50% in Wingman, and 320 degree rotation. Feels fine to me, only races I haven't done with the G25 was the crappy drifting ones, which I use the keyboard for.

I downloaded Racer and gave it a go a little while ago. Its better than when I last tried it some time back, but I wouldn't exactly call it complete It does do clutch better than LFS though. Might be fun if I figured out how to change the view to incar.
Quote from Rtsbasic :With any luck the G25 will hold its value as well as the red Momo did

CRC and all of Invictus's last 4 games have nice clutch support. Shame the rest of the game is kinda sucky.
Finally got my G25. \o/
I just got my G25 this afternoon, its amazing. The Wheel is superb, shifter is great, the pedals are good too, they are alittle too "steep" which makes it alittle uncomftrable but overall it's definitly worth $300. I just hope it lasts long. If your thinking about getting it, GET IT! It's worth it.
Quote from Micaoct :I just got my G25 this afternoon, its amazing. The Wheel is superb, shifter is great, the pedals are good too, they are alittle too "steep" which makes it alittle uncomftrable but overall it's definitly worth $300. I just hope it lasts long. If your thinking about getting it, GET IT! It's worth it.

Am I the only person who likes the angle of the pedals? I think they are more comfortable then the pedals for my MS wheel.

My only gripe is the fact reverse keeps getting stuck and I have to force it out. Maybe I over used it, or I was heavy handed, but it is rather annoying that it keeps getting stuck.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Am I the only person who likes the angle of the pedals? I think they are more comfortable then the pedals for my MS wheel.

My only gripe is the fact reverse keeps getting stuck and I have to force it out. Maybe I over used it, or I was heavy handed, but it is rather annoying that it keeps getting stuck.

I think it depends on the height of your chair and how far back they are in relation to the wheel... I think they're ok although I sit low and quite stretched out as my desk is quite deep
my g25 is dead, no power lights on shifter, windows doesnt recognise it's been attached to the pc. refund for me and buy a set of brd pedals like i should have bought in the 1st place. power supply works in my dfp so not a power supply problem, seems to be the wheel electronics that are screwed
Quote from Paul_McCluskey :my g25 is dead, no power lights on shifter, windows doesnt recognise it's been attached to the pc. refund for me and buy a set of brd pedals like i should have bought in the 1st place. power supply works in my dfp so not a power supply problem, seems to be the wheel electronics that are screwed

gosh, i'm so sorry to hear that
Unplug some of your other USB things, and restart your PC (with as little plugged in as possible). Then try it.

USB (apparently) takes extra voltage/current to initialise/recognise a device than it takes to run a device, and if your USB ports cannot provide the required amount then it won't work. Unplug free's signal.

This is how it was explained to me, and it worked with my Momo when it used to fail to initialise. Whether or not it's REALLY the reason is a different matter though.
Even without mains power, the LED's on the shifter would still light up.
And using excess power is the same with most eletric devices, lights (more so strip lights) use more power when flicked on and off then if you just leave them running.

So I'd try that before discounting it as a dead wheel.
I might have opened my mouth a bit too soon about the great "quality" of this wheel.

I noticed earlier today that my G25 started making more noise when it was turning left, even tho it felt pretty much the same as when turning right. The wheel was a bit noisier when being turned left even when it was new, and I just thought that's because it's new, not broken in yet. I thought the different sound by turning left would go away after some use. Seems like I was wrong. Very wrong.

Couple hours ago as I was drifting around in Kyoto GP Long, the wheel started to resist quite a bit when I tried to countersteer fast by turning the wheel left. Then I stopped the car, took my headphones off, set the force to 0%, turned the wheel from lock to lock at different speeds and I listened. Oh. My. God.

It's kaput.

That video isn't as good as hearing it in in reality, it's a lot louder really. But I bet you can all hear the noise difference (rumble) even from that vid. When the FFB is enabled, the wheel actually resonates my whole desk when I turn it left. So, I emailed the store where I bought the wheel from and asked whom will I contact to get a new wheel/refund from. God knows how long THAT is going to take.

It's not like the wheel would have overheated or stressed out either, as I've only used 20% force while drifting and max 30% when racing. I haven't driven long sessions either, pretty much about an hour of driving and at least couple hour breaks in between. I've felt how warm the wheel is by placing my hand on the top and it has been pretty much only mildly warm, my DFP used to run a lot hotter.

Thing is, I'm not even the only one who has had noise/feeling problems with this wheel. Several couple people I know (including Shotglass) have had the same crap happening to them. The problems might not be there when the wheel is brand new, but they might suddenly pop up after some usage. Logitech, get your quality control fixed ASAP.

This is where the eager waiting for THE killer wheel really ended. Heh.
Quote from tristancliffe :Unplug some of your other USB things, and restart your PC (with as little plugged in as possible). Then try it.

USB (apparently) takes extra voltage/current to initialise/recognise a device than it takes to run a device, and if your USB ports cannot provide the required amount then it won't work. Unplug free's signal.

This is how it was explained to me, and it worked with my Momo when it used to fail to initialise. Whether or not it's REALLY the reason is a different matter though.

well I only have a usb mouse plugged in and still nothing after reboot after unplug, every other usb device works ok, wheel worked perfectly the day before. I'd say it was something wrong with the actual product. Matrixi that is the same noise my wheel made when turning it, im sure on the box it says its quiet or quieter, thats a bloomin joke

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG