The online racing simulator
Alonso helmet camera
(24 posts, started )
#1 - wE1l
Alonso helmet camera
cool, thx 4 posting
Nice. Sounds like a jar of wasps, someone could say a lot like LFS
in north american Champ Car racing they show this camera angle every race, at least they did last year. it´s quite interesting to see just how little they can see down there. you should see it in a street course like monaco, it´s nuts illepall

speedfreak227
great very thanks for posting
crazy
I love the helmet shots you get in the CART races :up: I'd love to see more of it in F1 too. I'd like to see more onboard in F1 generally. You rarely even get one whole lap of onboard with F1 coverage, but I'm assuming that's because the billboards don't get much TV time via the onboard footage...
#8 - Dumpy
Whoa, pitcrew mod + track IR is sweet. Alonso should install CSR sound mod though =-/

Quote :I'm assuming that's because the billboards don't get much TV time via the onboard footage...

Just need more sponsors on their gloves! I'm definitely going out to buy some Pumas after watching this clip.
#9 - JJ72
the way he drives is WEIRD.
how so? he aint the smoothest driver... but he is the world champion.

its like he makes the car understeer so there arent any suprizes when he opens up the throttle.
Quote from Gabkicks :how so? he aint the smoothest driver... but he is the world champion.

its like he makes the car understeer so there arent any suprizes when he opens up the throttle.

keep in mind that he´s coming out of the pits on tires that aren´t fully up to temperature and only does one lap.

speedfreak227
#12 - DeKo
yeah but from normal onboard shots, he basically has digital steering the full race. yeah its a pretty good tactic, he'll know exactly what the cars doing, but it must eat front tyres for dinner
i like it how you guys make comments about his driving...
I'm only saying what everyone else in the know says about his driving style
Well I love his driving style TBH, he just throws it in, good stuff.

Thanks for the vid.
Awesome camera... I'd love to see some footage (quite a lot, to be honest) in the next formula 1 season...
I want more onboard helmet camera footage!
nice footage
A race length worth of this would be amazing.. This is an out lap driven at 70% (max!) but the effect is already quite cool
a year ago or so i downloaded an entire race with onboard footage from valentino rossi´s bike. it wasn´t only one camera, it was forwards for a while and backwards for a while, but it was REALLY NICE to have no commentators babbling and just focus on the sound and the action.

speedfreak227
Quote from Polaxis :Why do older cars look faster?

A number of reasons, in no particular order:

Less money in F1, so tracks were bumpier and rougher. Cars were also more basic, and less driven by technology. The compromises were greater, and the precision that they were setup to a particular track was, basically, crap compared to today. The drivers weren't the big pansies we have in F1 now, so they drove like Gods rather than Grannies. None of this shitty semi-automatic gearboxes to make their lives easy. No ABS. No girly traction control (there has not been a car invented that NEEDS traction control, only pussy drivers that can't cope without it). Cars were less able aerodynamically, and hence had to be driven on mechanical grip from the tyres. The tyres themselves were more forgiving of larger slip angles, allowing much larger, more visible slides.

But do not ever think the racing was better. People who think that either didn't watch it, or have rose-tinted spectacles. You can go back to 1910 and people, each year, have complained about how boring Grand Prix Racing/Formula One has/is becoming. Soon you learn to ignore those people, because in ten years time they'll be saying how great it was ten years ago.
Quote from Polaxis :Why do older cars look faster?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR09I8z5H-o

I just love this video...great driving

Oh that video just gives me cold chill running down my back, like always when watching videos like that...would be great to have one of those old modern type of dangerous formulas, where you sit almost on the wheels to LFS some day. We can atleast dream about driving it around FE black rev
u think u cant see anything in a CART just wait till u get into a SHIFTERKART..

Alonso helmet camera
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG