The online racing simulator
Whos the worst F1 commentator?
(76 posts, started )
Quote from Becky Rose :He did, several years ago. It was a sad day.

It was, he commentated well, BUT! the GO!!GO!!GOO! got a bit boring after a while
Best commentator is good old Birmingham born Murray Walker

james allen clearly is a big headed twat though
Quote from TagForce :And no longer a commentator... Allard Kalff is probably the WORST commentator ever.

Why did Olav quit? I remember having read something about that issue, but I can't find it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I like Ted Kravitz, he's funny, he replies to emails too bless him. And I bet he ****ing hates James Allen.

I'd pay a squillion dollars to hear an F1 race commentated by Juan Pablo Montoya and Kimi Rakkonen.

It would be sorted if we got rid of James Allen and replaced him with the BTCC commentator.

Who is bloody annoying though? Diana Binks (the one who does the ****ing crap stuff on C4 and C5, and also does the links for the NFL, MLB, NASCAR and whatnot on every night on C5).
the worst is derek daly in the US
his off tone voice, and horrible useless comments, are such a bore,:weeping::weeping::thumbsdow he can rarely ever bring emotions across and he always sounds lik he has to poop.:irked:

he ruins champcar ace broadcasts as well...

the best i have seen might be the SpeedTV crew of Varsha, Hobbes, Matchett, and Windsor...
Quote from GT Touring :the worst is derek daly in the US
his off tone voice, and horrible useless comments, are such a bore,:weeping::weeping::thumbsdow he can rarely ever bring emotions across and he always sounds lik he has to poop.:irked:

he ruins champcar ace broadcasts as well...

the best i have seen might be the SpeedTV crew of Varsha, Hobbes, Matchett, and Windsor...

Isn't that the "Here comes Schumacher, BAM BAM! OH MY GOD HE'S OFF! THERE HE GOES, BOOM! HE CRASHED!" Derek "DNQ" Daly?

I've heard some clips from him on YouTube. He's awful.
When the Australian GP is on, channel ten uses there motor sport commentators, Neil Crompton and Bill Woods... they're so bad at it. They promote things other then F1 while a race is going, they have no clue most of the time... they're just awful. But with the rest of the F1 races we have iTV's commentators. They're not bad at all.
Quote from Marty502 :Is he a relative by any chance of Caca Bueno?

(Brazilian racing driver, for those who don't know him)

Yes. He is his father.
Quote from Becky Rose :My answer to the original question, James Allen. Not just because he is clearly clueless, very patronising, and invents hugely annoying metaphors, but because he strongly believes he can do a better job than everybody around him. In the last two races for instance he said that the director was a ... what's the word he uses? Numpty, I believe.

He was right though - the director was a numpty. However, I could call Allen faaaar worse.

It's all about MB. He know's his stuff, is not patronising, and is entertaining. I mean, come on - my mum will even sit with my dad and put up with him.

That's something.
Derek Daly is pretty bad in the booth, but somewhat tolerable as a pit reporter. My personal opinion is that Danny Sullivan is a little worse than Daly. Me thinks Danny had a few too many shunts during his driving days, and sounds a lot like a prizefighter who retired about five years too late. I'll agree that James Allen is pretty bad too.

I'd have to say that the Speed guys are the best as a whole, but Martin Brundle is the best individual. If there was only a way to team up all four of them for the broadcasts.

Best all time had to be Murray and James Hunt.

My current favorites are the Onboard and Raw feeds on Premiere (no commentary)
I think Murray with Martin tops Murray with James. James was good in his day, but I heard that story about the rag between his legs so many times and, frankly, half the races he turned up to commentate he buggered off before they'd finished because he'd spotted a hot blonde or fancied a bottle or eight of champers, bless him, but no wonder his heart gave out.
#62 - Bee
+1 for James allen, DAMN he's annoying. Everytime time he is rambling away im thinking "ohhh god let martin speak you (insert expletive)".

Not that chuffed with blundell either, also need to burn some of his shirts.
Also as some mentioned him, charlie cox is a great commentator. He was fantastic in the BTCC when he did it.

PS We miss you murray
#65 - mr_x
Quote from Akuma66 :Also as some mentioned him, charlie cox is a great commentator. He was fantastic in the BTCC when he did it.

Charlie Cox is awesome. I'll never forgot BTCC at Knockhill 1998 when Craig Baird was leading the race for Ford in the wet, Charlie just comes out with "Ford is an agronym for Floats on Race Day!" Also things like: "he's just chucked it at the scenery"
Quote from mr_x :Charlie Cox is awesome. I'll never forgot BTCC at Knockhill 1998 when Craig Baird was leading the race for Ford in the wet, Charlie just comes out with "Ford is an agronym for Floats on Race Day!" Also things like: "he's just chucked it at the scenery"

My all-time favourite Charlie Cox moment was his response to someone ramming another driver off the road (can't remember who or where unfortunately). "He needed that like a third armpit!"
Class...
Worst? Jiri Zita and Jiri Nikodym...not only worst in CZ, but all around the world. If you haven't hear them, you're very lucky.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-nmVfn_0M

Listen to the end of that and you'll get the idea of the annoying James Allen.

He doesn't sound excited at all just sounds like shouting :s He does it at the end of all the GPs, watched a highlights clip of one year and everytime it ended you'd have thought it was a recording, him screaming "Alonso ..... Wins..." "Schumacher.... Wins...."etc

I always feel James is trying to be Murray at times but it just doesn't work. Not to mention the constant times he talks right over team radio and then says "Oh didn't quite catch that", well dohh you talked right over it.

Then again I guess it's hard to beat the humour Murrary could accidently add to F1 ...http://youtube.com/watch?v=omRQyRGgsgw
I certainly got to vote on Galvão Bueno, NO DOUBT hes the suckiest commentator ever (talk bullxit non stop and doesnt know crap!!!)

One day narrating a race (f1)he was saying how hakkinen (or a name quite like that,dunno i dont watch that crap) just passed the guy, when this driver had stop racing more than 4 years ago, and one day he was also explaining how heel and toe is done on F1 (no clutch, he did not knew that,he got so embarassed when other dude told him live on tv) and much much more all the time
Galvão Bueno is the worst
not only on f1, but on every sports
commentators of Televisa (México), they don´t know if the one is driving is Kimi or Mika :thumbsdow
Quote from Slidaaaa :hakkinen (or a name quite like that,dunno i dont watch that crap)

Haha. You're kidding, right? So what class isn't crap?
Quote from Jonas8431 :commentators of Televisa (México), they don´t know if the one is driving is Kimi or Mika :thumbsdow

I don't think James Allen does either.
guys believe me, the f1 commentators of RTL in germany are absolutely the worst I've ever heard. There's one guy who just talks some shit and the other guy (who was f1-driver once) just always says the same. I always just wanna turn of the commentators und comment it on my own
It seems that ITV and RTL viewers (Brundle and Danner's fans) will have something funny coming soon on telly

Whos the worst F1 commentator?
(76 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG