The online racing simulator
Total Crash of LFS Controls
(2 posts, started )
Open Question here

I have just experienced a total crash of FFB wheel and controls.

Situation is that I closed LFS patch U last night, opened it today and my controls had completely reset themselves, my paddle shifts were configured to left right view, brake was clutch and clutch was brake and a whole host of other items. Oddly, steering was not affected.

I reset all of them back to my preferred settings, did a calibration and the went to race and experienced a complete loss/crash of the calibration I had just performed. This happened on several seperate occasions.

I have reinstalled LFS patch U 4 times with the same result. To further confuse the issue, I ran LFS patch Q and everything worked fine.

The steering and pedals are controlled using Immersion boards and software. I use a Pentium 4 PC with a gig of ram with a ATI Radeoan X800 512 card and an Audigy SB sound card.

I have contacted LFS direct, but I thought I would see if anyone had come across anything similar

Cheers
#2 - ORION
Maybe the config file is write protected or your hard drive is not able to save/load the config correctly (faulty hard drive?).
Have you installed any test patch that will overwrite the settings?
Will the bug show up again when you go from Q to U?

(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG