The online racing simulator
HEAD MOVEMENT - X, Y, and Z axis
I think an option needs to be added for actual head movement based on g-forces. This is where part of the feel of immersion lacks.

The actual car chassis movement is fine, but there needs to also be head movement, so that your view isn’t always locked on axis 0.00 for X, Y, and Z. Your head needs to move/shake along those axes (however small), so that it can react to the physics and simulate head movement that is affected by g-forces.

Sure it makes for more brain processing to counteract this effect, but it will make for a much more real/intense/raw sense of actually being in the car and I for one would rather feel immersed then be a few 10ths of a second faster.

Also, I DO use TrackIR, so I don't know if this will even be possible for TrackIR users. I would hope head movement/shaking could be combined with TrackIR.
Under view, I have an option that says "1g heal Tilt" set to "1 degree".

I would THINK that this means if the car is pulling, say, 1G under braking, then my vision will tilt down 1 degree. I'm pretty sure it does, although I haven't actually messured it.

I think the reason you don't notice it is TrackIR. The two probably aren't compatable.

Then again, I've been known to be wrong.
I thought that, but I don't see any difference with that setting with or without TrackIR. If your head/view does tilt with that setting it must not be enough.

If there is a proper way of using that setting, let me know.
I don't have track IR. I just maxed the setting to 2 degrees, went from 20 mph to a dead stop, and watched my 'vision' dip... and bounce back up, just like my head was bobbing. It looks like it works to me... I'm using U20, incase that matters at all.
#5 - aoun
+10

Not everyone wants IR or some camera on their head.. Good idea, i think it should be an option because not everyone would want it, but ofcourse, sim freaks like me want it ..
Shinrar,
Yea, I just tested that also. I have been wondering what that setting does (it does work with TrackIR btw). This effect only deals with pitching your view up or down depending on g-force, correct? Not leaning or any other movement?

I see that if I do turn off all the "1g" settings, there is "some" head movement/shaking when going over bumps and other things. I'm not exactly sure how this is implemented, but an OPTION SETTING that allows you to control how much head movement would be nice.
My drivers head bounces all over the place, i'm not sure what settings made it do this, but I notice it mostly in the Fox where I have the custom camera set up on the roll bar hoop. It's just like TV

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG