The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :
Real mirrors are now invisible if set to virtual

May I ask why this is this way? I mean, I like to keep all the mirrors on for the better sense of surroundings. By looking through the menus I didn't find option to show all mirrors.

There is also an error in the finnish translations. The error is not in the translation but in LFS, kind of. LFS uses always the same translation for the word "play" but in finnish this word cannot be used to "play a replay". It would sound a bit, ehm...silly. -> If it could be made so that in english there was two translateable texts, to play (to play the game) and to view (to view a replay)?

Also the replay menu seems to have disappeared when watching an mpr? When you press ESC you are back in the main menu. I'm pretty sure that this was different in the latest patch...?
Quote from Hyperactive :The error is not in the translation but in LFS, kind of. LFS uses always the same translation for the word "play" but in finnish this word cannot be used to "play a replay". It would sound a bit, ehm...silly. -> If it could be made so that in english there was two translateable texts, to play (to play the game) and to view (to view a replay)?

No, that is the translation. The "play" button in the replay menu is a new string added for that one button.

Quote from Hyperactive :
Also the replay menu seems to have disappeared when watching an mpr? When you press ESC you are back in the main menu. I'm pretty sure that this was different in the latest patch...?

No. MPR has never had a menu and that is on my list (after making MP Replays loop that will be possible).
excellent work scawen i have got just a small question because i could not find anything related to this. The Car Sound Volume is now at 4 minimum, i remember i could set it to 2 minimum which was the best solution for me since im using also Ventrilo to chat with my buddys. Now with 4 + im using headphones, 4 is way to loud, no matter how much i turn down windows sounds also i cant adjust ventrilo to an optimum without getting damage in my ears ;( Allmost forget my question, why its not possible to use 0 or something between 0 or 4 for the car sound?

Anyway, overall i really like all the improvements, except the gear debounce since id like to use the engine brake as well (jumping from 6th to 4th for example) but im getting used to it.
Quote :FIX : LOD values were rounding to one decimal place

Does this mean that we'll be able to get rid of the octagonal wheels now?
i think i found a bug in U27?

when i try to unlock my game to S2 i get "unknown command"..

what does it mean?
Quote from trackah123 :i think i found a bug in U27?

when i try to unlock my game to S2 i get "unknown command"..

what does it mean?

I forgot to update the master server. It's ok now.
thanx (i still had to unlock it in xp.. because from vista sound testing last week) .. next time i use 1 lfs folder for XP and 1 lfs folder for Vista.. saves me from unlocking
why have been the real mirrors removed if virtual mirrors are on? i use virtual but ive used always all mirrors, beside that it looks stupid

would be better if we could choose:
real mirrors only
real + virtual mirrors
virtual mirros only
i noticed the same thing boosted. i like to use real mirrors and virtual at same time as well.

i dont know what is causing it... it is shifting way faster than 200ms and it still double upshifts.

i attached a small video to show. it is about 2mb.
Attached files
shiftprob.rar - 1.8 MB - 232 views
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :why have been the real mirrors removed if virtual mirrors are on? i use virtual but ive looked always with all mirros.

+1

I have always used real + virtual mirrors together.
What happened between U26 and U27?
Quote from Bob Smith :What happened between U26 and U27?

Messages are hidden in the ESCAPE menu, I think..
btw why cant we display time and fps at the same time?
one left and one right?
id like to know both
or is it not possible?
It seems I'm stuck with corrupt LFS now. Copied card_cfg.txt, cfg.txt, deb.log, interface_cfg.txt from new install. It seemed that cfg.txt made the difference. But in LFS all seemed ok, went to MP - server lists were corrupt. Came back to LFS, no corruption. When I wanted to change the LFS resolution to 1024x768 32 bit. LFS crashed. All started with U27, I dunno if I did smth wrong.

Edit: PC restart cured my problem
Attached images
jama3.jpg
First patch I've tried since U20.

Sound a bit crackly sometimes with a lot of cars around?
I liked the fade-out of the sound when a restart takes place.

Bit (as in a tiny bit) annoying to have to readjust the mirror in every car again. Would it be possible to have it check whether it has been altered (from default), and not change it if it has?
so who told you to only replace the lfs.exe then, Renku?
The FXO seems to produce a strange... "buzz" in chase view with the power down. Is this something on my end or do other people get it also?
Scawen,

Just noticed something, the sound completely stops when slowing down or speeding up a replay. Didn't test this with the previous patches yet.
Bug or feature?
Feature - as the whole sound thingies been overhauled he can't do it, not without a rather huge amount of programming.
Quote from axus :The FXO seems to produce a strange... "buzz" in chase view with the power down. Is this something on my end or do other people get it also?

No buzz for me here - only that turbo whine or whatever - it appears to be the same loudness as it is in the cockpit and when you go to chase view the engine sound is lower.
Quote from axus :The FXO seems to produce a strange... "buzz" in chase view with the power down. Is this something on my end or do other people get it also?

No buzzes here.

EDIT: nvidia nforce 4 ultra motherboard integrated soundcard, win XP...
Oldest trick in the book, restarting PC, seemed to help me, sry about the trouble I might have caused.
when i now switch to on-screen mirrors, i don't have the real mirrors anymore. even not the both on the side. this isn't good in my opinion.

Edit: just found there were 2 more people who had this problem... sorry for repost, but i can't delete it
I think the option to have real, virtual, or both would be perfect as far as the mirror options go (as already mentioned).
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG