The online racing simulator
Found a strange PB site...
(32 posts, started )
maybe it's a pb tracker for mecahnic drivers?
#3 - Jakg
Quote from Crazy Harry :http://icespy.zilium.de/pb/top

Do not understand what this is good for. F.E. KY1 place 1-4 is cheated with mechanic. Same to FO8, and so on.

i remember this site - it appears to take it's data from LFSW, but not sure how the cheated ones got there...
FO8 KY1 1•[GT]Zonda</SPAN>00:00.020

illepall
#5 - Jakg
#6 - Jakg
ah - it combines PB's and Hotlaps, thus some online races (ie with LFSTweak) or with tweaked layouts (start and finish and inch away) get shown up alongside Hotlaps
#7 - ajp71
As Jakg said these could be PBs set on tweaked cars (slick mod/tweak) legally racing online or they could (much more likely) be PBs set from running autocross layouts.
Quote from Jakg :ah - it combines PB's and Hotlaps, thus some online races (ie with LFSTweak) or with tweaked layouts (start and finish and inch away) get shown up alongside Hotlaps

As far as i can see it only shows online PBs, nothing to do with hotlaps.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from joshdifabio :As far as i can see it only shows online PBs, nothing to do with hotlaps.

you have a point - it shows my FXO/SO2 time as 56.07, my pb, my HL time is 56.1xx
Surely it would only show the lowest anyway? Which would be your pb. On the MRNL website we have a similar function which grabs everyones pbs and hotlaps and brings up the best times for any combo we've ever raced.
just one question...why?
we got lfsworld with alot (detailed) infos for everything.
if it is a "cheat" PB page ok...but regular
This LFSW sibling site is kind of wierd. Because I know that Victor probably wouldn't like that it is stripping data off it constantly. I don't see the point exactly.

As for the cheat PBs... it seems this has been around for a while when there was a lap and time bug, which has been fixed for several months now. Zonda was one person who was exploiting this (FM guys, don't you remember yourselves coming in here and complaining his stats were better than yours? ). Those PBs are now deleted off his profile on LFSW I bet, but this site probably doesn't fix that and keeps the old one.
That page lets you see charts comparing online PBs which you cannot do on LFSW.
Quote from Crazy Harry :http://icespy.zilium.de/pb/top

Do not understand what this is good for. F.E. KY1 place 1-4 is cheated with mechanic. Same to FO8, and so on.

It's useful for other combos, only a small minority would be interested in the oval times. I think the kind of people that would set hacked times tend to drive on the oval anyway so it won't effect most other charts...
Quote from Tweaker :This LFSW sibling site is kind of wierd. Because I know that Victor probably wouldn't like that it is stripping data off it constantly. I don't see the point exactly.

As for the cheat PBs... it seems this has been around for a while when there was a lap and time bug, which has been fixed for several months now. Zonda was one person who was exploiting this (FM guys, don't you remember yourselves coming in here and complaining his stats were better than yours? ). Those PBs are now deleted off his profile on LFSW I bet, but this site probably doesn't fix that and keeps the old one.

There's nothing 'cheating' about having quick times on PBs as already explained they could be legit tweak/slickmod, autocross layouts or just fast laps caused by bugs in the collision model.
#16 - VoiD
illepall
"dSRC Europa" managed to do a 01:36.060 with XRR on AS3... which I highly doubt

Did a quick search for him/her/it on LFSworld: "dSRC Europa was not found"

any ideas..?
dSRC is the name of the team. :rolleyes:
The site doesn't update anything apparently, even racer names, see mine is still [400] Bawbag, but even my latest pb's still show up with this name, same with sccc Pecker, on there his name is [400] rc10racer.

Was ok to see some times though but alot are old patch anyway (See BL GTi)
#19 - VoiD
Quote from zeugnimod :dSRC is the name of the team. :rolleyes:

I know.... but this stinks, with or without tag
Quote from Tweaker :This LFSW sibling site is kind of wierd. Because I know that Victor probably wouldn't like that it is stripping data off it constantly. I don't see the point exactly.

NOPE, those times are still in the profile of everyone... i find this site very handy to see who is a cheater and put them on a blacklist...

#21 - Jakg
Quote from Fischfix :NOPE, those times are still in the profile of everyone... i find this site very handy to see who is a cheater and put them on a blacklist...

Quote from ajp71 :There's nothing 'cheating' about having quick times on PBs as already explained they could be legit tweak/slickmod, autocross layouts or just fast laps caused by bugs in the collision model.

Quote from ajp71 :There's nothing 'cheating' about having quick times on PBs as already explained they could be legit tweak/slickmod, autocross layouts or just fast laps caused by bugs in the collision model.

A lap time of 0.20 was indeed the 'cheat' or 'exploit' that existed in LFS. I don't see how that isn't cheating.... and then why would the devs disallow auto-x times affecting PBs then hmmmm? Because they were false times messing up results and allowed players to 'cheat' the overall stats for distance, laps, etc etc. "As already explained", this was a cheat.
What was the record on BL? 5000 laps in 45 sec. or so.
Quote from VoiD :I know.... but this stinks, with or without tag

Im sure, you never have some non-serious and fun racing online, where you cut or get pushed by a BF1 or sth.
@VoiD

Keep your dirty hands away from my team-mate!!

No idea how that time is made but who cares anyway, nothing to do with real times with this site anyway

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG