The online racing simulator
Quote from Primoz :about the EVO X concpet, dunno. RB4 again comes close but is a tad less powerful.

300-400hp and massive torque curve vs a 243hp with so-so midrange and TERRIBLE top end? Hmm...
Well if you want massive power and AWD, drive the FXR...
Quote from Qurpiz :I guess the "What kind of racing would you like to see added to LFS"-thread would do the same as this thread, but, oh well:

- KARTS!! ffs... I'd be happy for S3 if only car added would be go-kart.
- LX8. Not a fan of LX's, but couldn't hurt.
- Rallycars. And also rallystages.
- Formula 1. Why not? would make the FO8 rebundant, tho.
- RBR. RB4s GTR. Would kick ass.

s1 had a lx8
doesn't look like he's tried S1.. xD

on topic, and i guess it has been mentioned a couple of times:

mid 1980's Formula 1 Turbo! now THAT is F1! we need competition to the BF1 people!

imagine, 1500cc on 4 cylinders, 4-6 bar turbopressure = 850++ bhp @ 10500 RPM!(!) and since LFS has connection with BMW already(?), why not try to get hold of blueprints of the BMW M12/13 TC powered car?
Quote from keltern :doesn't look like he's tried S1.. xD

mid 1980's Formula 1 Turbo! now THAT is F1! we need competition to the BF1 people!

imagine, 1500cc on 4 cylinders, 4-6 bar turbopressure = 850++ bhp @ 10500 RPM!(!) and since LFS has connection with BMW already(?), why not try to get hold of blueprints of the BMW M12/13 TC powered car?

And ground effects. I bet it would be a huge disappoitment because the car would be so hard to drive. It would be like the FO8 before the patch, with double the power. Not that I'm against it but I'd take a CART car instead
Maserati 6CM
Quote from keltern :doesn't look like he's tried S1.. xD

No not 850+hp. That's no better than the 3.0L V-10s.

Back in those days, those 1.5L V6 monsters made as much as over 1200hp for the top teams. If the car has enough power to not warrant the use of full power at ANY part of the track, THEN we have enough horsepower.
1,4 straight 4 turbo from BMW, an engine block from a road going car with at least 100k miles on the clock, boost somewhere from 3,5 to 5 bar and 1300 to the estimated 1400 bhp.
Quote from tristancliffe :Nope, it's very close to a Formula Renault. F3's are a bit bigger, but with a 2.0l restricted engine. Quite a bit quicker I think (mine isn't, but it's nearly 20 years old so )

Aren't FR chassis legal in F3 or something? I'm not sure, but I like the FOX anyway because of its nice handling

Here's some approximate numbers for what would be great :

RB4 Rallycross

Similar in numbers to a Group B rally car. Stupidly fast, stupidly light but stupidly fragile.
Quote from Primoz :1,4 straight 4 turbo from BMW, an engine block from a road going car with at least 100k miles on the clock, boost somewhere from 3,5 to 5 bar and 1300 to the estimated 1400 bhp.

well, i think the cars you're thinking of had 1,5 liter engines..
how about karts?
Quote from Tweaker :Hmm I wonder if Scawen and Eric's 'development garage' could actually fit all these cars May we keep dreaming... will be a year from now probably until we see cars like what is mentioned here (S3 or beyond maybe?)

lol

one year has passed..
Group B cars for the Rallycross tracks

Mental stuff - 650+BHP illepall

I'm a rallycross startline marshal - nothing beats a full grid (in the past anyway) of GrpB machinery waiting to launch when you're stood 15ft away. Makes your soul vibrate.......
Fr F1~~
I'd like to see caravan cross in S3

Legends cars: READ carrfully: i DON't mean oldtimers but i mean those cars (lol if u can call them cars )

http://blogs.ya.com/legendscars/files/Legendscars2.jpg

specs:
Yamaha engine: 1250cc-150hp
gears: 5-sequential
RWD
front brakediscs
0-100 km/h in just 3.7 sec.!!!
weight 450 kg

just a great car for close racing, i saw them today at Circuit-Zolder and also the corvette's, vipers, porsches etc

Greetz, Kevin
Koenigsegg and Ferrari FXX :=)
The Koenigsegg is, so far, the fastest road car ever made...
Am not quite sure now after the FXX but both would be awsome to have in LFS...
Or at least look alikes.....

The FXX (NB.. Text in Norwegian) http://www.nrk.no/programmer/tv/autofil/1.1163857
twin cam !!
karts
trucks
nascar
XF SW (Stationwagon)
XFG (XF Gti, but then with turbo...)
A GTI without turbo...?
If I might just bring back the Off-roader issue raised a few pages back, I would like to say this:

There are some stock cars that could feasibly compete(and do so) in off-road races. Examples are ineed the formidable Mitsubishi Pajeros, but I'd also like to suggest that the turbo-diesel Landcruisers(especially the 70 Series models) sold in Australia and South Africa, not the rubbish 4.7 litre petrol car sold in North America. That's just a fat luxury car, in the same vein as the Rav4, the Forester, the Ford Territory(an Aussie 6 cylinder sedan in a fat-suit) and the upcoming Mazda CX-7.

Pajeros, Landcruisers, Nissan Patrols, Land Rover Defenders(despite the frequent break-downs). Real off-roaders, and potentially really good off-road racers. However, the faster, Dakar-style cars won't work. A big course like that won't work in LFS. Whay might work for all concerned is a course on sand, like used by the bored people of Alice Springs. A desert rally circuit that's been left for a few years, bit of red dust, screaming diesel engines. Perfect.
Quote from Daedelus :If I might just bring back the Off-roader issue raised a few pages back, I would like to say this:

There are some stock cars that could feasibly compete(and do so) in off-road races. Examples are ineed the formidable Mitsubishi Pajeros, but I'd also like to suggest that the turbo-diesel Landcruisers(especially the 70 Series models) sold in Australia and South Africa, not the rubbish 4.7 litre petrol car sold in North America. That's just a fat luxury car, in the same vein as the Rav4, the Forester, the Ford Territory(an Aussie 6 cylinder sedan in a fat-suit) and the upcoming Mazda CX-7.

Pajeros, Landcruisers, Nissan Patrols, Land Rover Defenders(despite the frequent break-downs). Real off-roaders, and potentially really good off-road racers. However, the faster, Dakar-style cars won't work. A big course like that won't work in LFS. Whay might work for all concerned is a course on sand, like used by the bored people of Alice Springs. A desert rally circuit that's been left for a few years, bit of red dust, screaming diesel engines. Perfect.

+infinity
Quote from Daedelus :Pajeros, Landcruisers, Nissan Patrols, Land Rover Defenders(despite the frequent break-downs). Real off-roaders, and potentially really good off-road racers. However, the faster, Dakar-style cars won't work. A big course like that won't work in LFS. Whay might work for all concerned is a course on sand, like used by the bored people of Alice Springs. A desert rally circuit that's been left for a few years, bit of red dust, screaming diesel engines. Perfect.

Any 4x4 car can be fun only if you are planning to do some rock crawling or serious (slow speed) offroading. Other than that they can do straight lines at slow speeds. Cars like the Porsche Cayenne can do some offroading but would you really want to take a 100k€ car to muddy offroading?

To be honest, SUVs and slow&big 4x4 jeeps and etc. are one of the stupidest ideas for a racing sim. 4x4 cars built for racing are different thing but some standard "Pajeros, Landcruisers, Nissan Patrols, Land Rover Defenders" make as good as rallycars as tennis balls.

Why? Very high center of gravity, underpowered, ultra soft suspension... I mean, I really tried to come up with at least one good reason why to have them in LFS, but... Screamer 4x4 shows pretty well what you can do with such cars and what not.

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG