The online racing simulator
Quote from Vain :So, here is the result, the FZ5 GTR.
[Edit]
Whoops, wrong image margins. Resized and uploaded again.
[/Edit]

Vain

Now that's what I am talking about!

"Realistic" skins in terms of LfS just require some brands with logos... I wonder if the devs should do something like this, or we create a community challange to let the great artists here imagine brandnames with logos and the best ones will be taken. If they do not make it into the game officially, there could at least be a sticky thread with the logos and brands in a good res (or better: vectorised) for all the cars, and the additional LsF-fictional things like Chromo and so on...
Quote from FunkedUp :Here's a Porsche font for those rocker panel graphics: http://www.designgraphics.org/ ... &d_op=getit&lid=7

Thank you very much. But unfortunately I can't use it because the GT3 GTR uses a different font. But thank you nevertheless, I guess I'll be able to use it anyways.

@ColeusRattus:
Yes, we'd also have to think about "brand colors". In real-life examples: Blue & white for BMW, red for Ferrari, silver for Mercedes.
Well, the next time I stare bored at The GIMP I'll try to fix something...

Vain
Okay, I was bored...

I have done small emblem and created a name from it.
The emblem is in the attachment, the name I suggest is the Netherlands-based sportscar-manufacturer "Ordsville-Varden" (I figured that the name sounds european and is still spellable for the english folks), carrying red and white as brand-colors.
When designing the emblem I thought it should be easiliy recognizable when scaled very small and leave space for skinners to make it more impressive. I'm not very decided about the colors. Perhaps it'd look better in silver. I guess this should be up to the skinner...

Note: The design is something I quickly drafted, because I don't want to create a full-blown image just to hear "sucks!".
Oh, and the swap in Order from "Ordsville-Varden" to VO is intended.

And as always... Any comments are appreciated.

And since I'm in the skinning thread:
The FZR_VOFZ5GTR with new emblems.

Vain
Attached images
VO_red.jpg
FZR_VOFZ5GTR.jpg
FZR_VOFZ5GTR_preview.jpg
I dig that design. Especially if it is meant for the XF cars. But for a passionate sportscar like the FZ50 is, it kind of lacks the je-ne-sais-quoi...

Yet the name implies a manufacturer of handcrafted exclusive vehicles... allthough it seems British (or even French) to me rather than nederlands. SO the name would really sound sweet with the LX cars.... "Ordsville Varden LX-four"

EDIT: If the O would be infront, it would probably look less like a mating between VW and Mercedes... or, to make the British design complete, make the V's "tighs" like stylised wings.

BTW; this would deserve an own thread!
Car-brands-discussion this way.

Vain
Quote from ColeusRattus :Now that's what I am talking about!

"Realistic" skins in terms of LfS just require some brands with logos... I wonder if the devs should do something like this, or we create a community challange to let the great artists here imagine brandnames with logos and the best ones will be taken. If they do not make it into the game officially, there could at least be a sticky thread with the logos and brands in a good res (or better: vectorised) for all the cars, and the additional LsF-fictional things like Chromo and so on...

Master Skinnerz has a bunch of stuff like that.
Quote from KeMoT :Guys, could you not forget about FZ5 please...

Okey doke...

Not quite the most original skin in the world given that it's literally a direct conversion from the FZ50 GTR, here's my Stella Artois themed FZ50. Probably the last car that I'm going to skin in this livery as I explore new (and hopefully much better) designs. Screenies attached, download link below, and also uploaded to LFS World.

Download (1024×1024):
Stella Artois FZ50
Attached images
fz5stella1-800.jpg
fz5stella2-800.jpg
fz5stella3-800.jpg
Well some of you perhaps notice this skin allready. But i didnt post it here, so here it is

Download Skinfile

Its Public, so fell free!

that is STUNNING m8 awesome work
oH yes! This one's been in my collection for a while. Stunning skin, really great work! And it fits the car so well. :up:
:up: very nice work there
A selection of FZR skins #1
Click on the mini render image to download the skin.

A selection of FZR skins #2

A selection of FZR skins #3

Lovely, just lovely...
Wow... fantastic!

AdvanS, Fusion and Orangey are my favourites.

Are any/all of these uploaded at LFS World?
Those skins look depressingly good.
i have no clue how to download the skins posted 4 posts up.

makes no sense to click on an image.
Quote from Lightsaver :i have no clue how to download the skins posted 4 posts up.

makes no sense to click on an image.

With the image of the skin open in a browser window or tab, right click on it to save it. Point the save location to your LFS directory, and save the skin into the data/skins folder if you want to be able to use the skin yourself, or data/skins_x if you simply want to be able to see it should someone use it in multiplayer. Don't change any filenames though.
Quote from STROBE :With the image of the skin open in a browser window or tab, right click on it to save it. Point the save location to your LFS directory, and save the skin into the data/skins folder if you want to be able to use the skin yourself, or data/skins_x if you simply want to be able to see it should someone use it in multiplayer. Don't change any filenames though.

i know the procedure of downloading skins.

but in my opinion rendered images are not skin files
He doesn't share the full-res skins with us. All you can do with the images is give him credits for making such good skins.

Vain
Quote from Lightsaver :but in my opinion rendered images are not skin files

The rendered images are links to the 1024×1024 skins...

FZ Skins (All)
(2564 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG