The online racing simulator
when is patch v coming out?
(39 posts, started )
now that unlocking and sounds work in vista iirc the only big change patch v will have over u23 is the auto update feature
so it shouldnt be too long until scawen can work on incompatible stuff again
Quote from Hyperactive :I wouldn't suggest the test patches simply because there might be some errors or bugs. I think the U patch is quite good for now. After all, they are test patches

I'm at least using U version until the next official patch arrives...

The test patches add a lot of new functionality and bug fixes. Even though they're "test" patches they have always been very stable to me and I thoroughly enjoy the new features. Besides, it's not like you're taking a big risk by running a patch on an Alpha program anyway.
#28 - SamH
You can always duplicate your existing LFS folder, and apply the patch to the duplicate. Usually LFS doesn't need re-unlocking, provided it's still on a HD in the same computer at least. I have, I think, about 6 installs of LFS, at various patch/test patch levels
Nostradamus wrote it will be out before christmas 2006.
Quote from Gunn :People who seek answers by asking questions are not idiots by default, and calling someone an idiot doesn't make you look too smart at all. You won't help the guy become a better forum user by abusing him.

All the nastyness and bitchyness that goes on here and you talk to me about having a go at someone who can't even look 4 or 5 posts down to see the answer he is looking for and when he's asked the same question that about a million other people have asked ...without looking 4 or 5 posts down.

It's tough love I'm showing him.
:wmann3: will bring it
#32 - Gunn
Quote from garph :All the nastyness and bitchyness that goes on here and you talk to me about having a go at someone who can't even look 4 or 5 posts down to see the answer he is looking for and when he's asked the same question that about a million other people have asked ...without looking 4 or 5 posts down.

It's tough love I'm showing him.

You think there is nastiness and bitching so you decide to add to it? Could you not have just linked him to the other post and told him about the search function rather than jump all over him?
Quote from SamH :You can always duplicate your existing LFS folder, and apply the patch to the duplicate. Usually LFS doesn't need re-unlocking, provided it's still on a HD in the same computer at least. I have, I think, about 6 installs of LFS, at various patch/test patch levels

I do the same, but boy, it really stinks to move over the 4495 files in mpr, setups, and skins. I couldn't imagine what you broadband folks have in the skins_x folder since I only have probably 25% downloaded. My skins_x folder is over 2000 files with my dialup after a year and a half. You broadband folks must have 10000 files in there by now.
#34 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :I do the same, but boy, it really stinks to move over the 4495 files in mpr, setups, and skins. I couldn't imagine what you broadband folks have in the skins_x folder since I only have probably 25% downloaded. My skins_x folder is over 2000 files with my dialup after a year and a half. You broadband folks must have 10000 files in there by now.

i dont save any replays, about 6 months ago i compressed the whole Skins_X folder (why i did it i do not know!), and now every skin posted on the forum i save to my Skins_x folder (so i have the hi-res version) - 5,241 skins, 500 Mb
Quote from mrodgers :My skins_x folder is over 2000 files with my dialup after a year and a half. You broadband folks must have 10000 files in there by now.

Oh man I am such an amateur. Only 2,268 objects in skins_x for me (daily racer, ADSL2+, same install of LFS for about 6 months now). Although I attribute my meagreness to horsing around on demo far too much despite the S2 license. Where are all the XRT / BL1 S2 servers?

Rakhsh
I won´t make a new thread about such a small thing so I´ll just spam this one...

I am using currently U24 and I want to go back to U20 but there is no longer a link to the U20 patch in the test patch thread... So can somebody give me a link to it? Pretty please.
#37 - Jakg
get the link,and replace "U24" with "U20"!

EDIT - Here
Obvious really... What kind of idiot won´t come up with that solution?

Thanks anyway.
#39 - Jakg
...yeh, took me ages to do that because i dont like the "new" car sounds!

when is patch v coming out?
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG