The online racing simulator
LFS cars dimensions?
(18 posts, started )
LFS cars dimensions?
I'd like to know how big are LFS cars in millimeters.

Reason is 3D...right now all cars are bit to big or small compared to each other. And because some cars are modded by 3-4 people...they are not in their original size any more.

So if I know those measurments I can resize all cars in right size

Edit: Modded for 3D use, not inside LFS!
What do you mean moded by 3-4 people? Or "them" not being in their original size? Eric Bailey is the only one doing the models for LFS.
And how would you change the 3D models?

Are you drunk or what?
#4 - Calum
I understand what you mean , and perhaps agree , but ...

Quote :I can resize all cars in right size

I think it has to be a dev who does that , and I dont think its high on their priorities list , but I may be wrong.

Calum
#5 - Jakg
i think he means in his "WOW!" renders...
Moded for 3D use.

For example this FZR is modded by 3 people...everybody has bit different 3D measurments settings etc. All this means finally car is not in same size as it was before.

Click here to 1600x1200 example picture.
I would like to know the lengths, widths, heights, wheelbases, tracks etc. of the LFS cars
Wheelbase and track widths can easily be got from the data outputs. External body dimensions I can't help you with.
Quote from Bob Smith :Wheelbase and track widths can easily be got from the data outputs. External body dimensions I can't help you with.

Here goes an idea for anyone with the time to do it:
If track width is know, the we can compare it to the external dimension using a 3D program. I hope you get the idea, I would do it, but I don't have 3DStudio right now
Quote from Eldanor :Here goes an idea for anyone with the time to do it:
If track width is know, the we can compare it to the external dimension using a 3D program. I hope you get the idea, I would do it, but I don't have 3DStudio right now

Can be done just with LFS and an imaging program even, and some simple math.
#11 - dev
SHIFT + U, then position the mouse pointer at the begining of the car, press "D", move the mouse to the end of the car.
Quote from dev :SHIFT + U, then position the mouse pointer at the begining of the car, press "D", move the mouse to the end of the car.

Bloody hell :S Didn't know such feature excisted, how long that has been there?
It was added shortly after the dawn of time.
Quote from evans :Can be done just with LFS and an imaging program even, and some simple math.

True! I was thinking of something more accurate but I think that would do the job
I guess you figure out something new in LFS every day
Quote from dev :SHIFT + U, then position the mouse pointer at the begining of the car, press "D", move the mouse to the end of the car.

Thanks

That's not 100% accurate, but enought for me.
Hes dev, so he has to know it.

Sorry.
dev != a dev

LFS cars dimensions?
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG