The online racing simulator
I think that the UF1000 should be used, and even consider using it on a really long track, making for like 5 minute laps - could be interesting. Could also be very boring - but I think it is worth looking at.

Every car should have equal opportunity to be included, but I do agree that the F08 is probably best left as a maybe - unless a minimum hotlap requirement was put in to ensure that only people able to drive it would be in the race. Then again, this is not really fair, plus you may be able to get the car around the track once but not for a full race...just thinking out loud!

I also favour the reverse tracks and rallycross tracks, as not many people will be used to them like the common tracks so it makes for a more level playing field with everybody starting afresh.

Look forward to seeing you all online - and to the new season!

Tim
uf1 - south city classic

xfg - black wood gp

fxo - fern bay green

fxr - aston national

fox - westhill

f8 - kyoto oval

just one of every place and very different cars... slow, fast and open wheel
would loove to see this in a league
UF1 - SO Town Course / FE Club
XF GTI - Blackwood / Blackwood Rally
XRT/RB4/FXO - Westhill
UFR/XFR - FE Green / Kyoto National
FXR/XRR/FZR - Aston National/Historic / SO Long
God thanks there is no oval race scheduled
One F8 event would be nice though, just to cover the whole range from slowest to fastest cars available...
I don't think you need to cram all the different types of cars into one season. It makes it harder to get proficient when you are changing car types all the time. Having a season that covers the slowest cars up to the TBO or even the Sports car (LX6, RAC, FZ5) classes would be good in my opinion. The cars are reasonably similar to drive and offer a lot of good racing.

Sure, the faster cars are more sexy and they are a lot of fun and I do want to have league races with them. But, I do realize that we have time for this. It is not like we are all on time-limitted licenses. LFS ain't going away next summer, it will be here for a long time. We have the time to build different racing series that will be a lot of fun.
Quote from Hallen :I don't think you need to cram all the different types of cars into one season. It makes it harder to get proficient when you are changing car types all the time. Having a season that covers the slowest cars up to the TBO or even the Sports car (LX6, RAC, FZ5) classes would be good in my opinion. The cars are reasonably similar to drive and offer a lot of good racing.

Sure, the faster cars are more sexy and they are a lot of fun and I do want to have league races with them. But, I do realize that we have time for this. It is not like we are all on time-limitted licenses. LFS ain't going away next summer, it will be here for a long time. We have the time to build different racing series that will be a lot of fun.

Very clever written
I more or less agree with that.
Ur point is; whats the purpose of having all cars in a league?
...non really. - there is no "concept" in that.
Ofcourse a "all car league" will prove who's best at mastering all the
cars, but in time we will all have a favorit car or two in wich
we will be focusing on.
And like u said; we have all the time in the world to explore all the cars.

I like to se more specific leagues, with only one car/class chosen,
but on various tracks. - thats how it is in real life racing.

I also believe that such "one car/class" league will gain more respect in the
community.

----
note: my statements in this post have nothing to do with OLFSL league,
but leagues in general.
----
In the days of S1 I had 3 favorites: the MRT, the XRG and the XRT. I drove a S1 FXO once and it was a horror.

I am concentrating at setups a lot the last months. The car must behave as I like it. The old FXO is a much better car now. Did I learn or is S2 a total different game? Must be both .
Quote from bo-kristiansen :
[...] I like to se more specific leagues, with only one car/class chosen,
but on various tracks. - thats how it is in real life racing.
I also believe that such "one car/class" league will gain more respect in the
community.

All this is true. However, I subscribed for OLFS just because there is a lot of variation. It's a matter of personal taste of course. When I'm racing on public servers it mostly ends up in GTR racing, simply because those servers are always full of people. Now I see a nice motivation also to race some of the slower cars intensely, which I wouldn't usually select by free choice...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG